How To Bring Back Ganglife

With the recent efforts of Asylum doing an "unbanathon" many people in the community have said cartels are completely dead. I myself haven't experienced this, but many people have complained about this matter recently. Obviously, Olympus is not all about cartels, but it is not a secret that it plays a big role in our servers and the player base as a whole. The only reason so many people are going to asylum is for fights and to play with their friends who are banned here on Olympus. It is certain that if we were to do the same "unbanathon" we would have very high pop from a cartel aspect. I have 2 propositions for the Olympus community that in my opinion will "bring back gang life". 

1. Take it upon yourself and split up from the gang you are in that has over 20 members who all fight cartels and complain there are no fights. 

2. Do the "unbanathon" here on olympus but not EVERYONE (hackers and DDoSers obviously). Only unban people banned for exploiting,scripting,lag-switch etc. I know this is a very iffy thing to do but if we issue the unban for these people, you make it clear that if they get banned for the same thing (scripting, exploiting, etc.) then they are going to be instantly removed from the community no questions asked.

DISCLAIMER : I do not want this to turn into a shit post, i genuinely think this is a good idea. Everyone deserves a 2nd chance, especially in a video game. 

• Like 15
  • Kappa 1
  • Downvote 2
17 minutes ago, tacosmell said:

2. Do the "unbanathon" here on olympus but not EVERYONE (hackers obviously). Only unban people banned for exploiting,scripting,lag-switch etc. I know this is a very iffy thing to do but if we issue the unban for these people, you make it clear that if they get banned for the same thing (scripting, exploiting, etc.) then they are going to be instantly removed from the community no questions asked.

DISCLAIMER : I do not want this to turn into a shit post, i genuinely think this is a good idea. Everyone deserves a 2nd chance, especially in a video game. 

well first off.... scripting IS HACKING.... lag switching IS HACKING.... listen... its quite simple, if they did it before, they likely did it a bunch to get banned... i know the admins dont just ban lag switching on the first sign of iffy evidence, they gather a lot of evidence and then make a decision... using pull downs  and other scripts is also hacking and often hard to detect... unbanning them will just make them be more careful to not get caught... also you left out the DDoSers.... again another hard thing to prove... but was proven... next time they will just keep to themselves when they hit folks off instead of brag about it... same end result just no evidence they are the ones who did it....

Asylums caps are going to be so much fun!!! for a week, then the cartel monkeys ego's will get the best of them once they get spanked they wiill do whatever they can to keep their pride and ego in check....

• Like 7
  • Downvote 5
14 minutes ago, tacosmell said:

Do the "unbanathon" here on olympus

Problem with this is that a lot of the big names are banned for serious shit, like DDOSing Olympus. Do we really want to go back to everyone getting hit off when they push cap?

• Like 3
  • Downvote 1
Just now, MAV said:

well first off.... scripting IS HACKING.... lag switching IS HACKING.... listen... its quite simple, if they did it before, they likely did it a bunch to get banned... i know the admins dont just ban lag switching on the first sign of evidence, they gather a lot of evidence and then make a decision... using pull downs  and other scripts is also hacking and often hard to detect... unbanning them will just make them be more careful to not get caught... also you left out the DDoSers.... again another hard thing to prove... but was proven... next time they will just keep to themselves when they hit folks off instead of brag about it... same end result just no evidence they are the ones who did it....

100% true. DDoSers should not be let back in tbh. BUT like i said using scripts (pulldowns), lag switching, and exploiting should not be looked at from the same point of view as loading up a PBO and nuking a server. I get it, it obviously is very scummy that they did this matter, but I believe that if we give them 1 chance and if they mess up again they are RFC then it could possibly work.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Pledge said:

Problem with this is that a lot of the big names are banned for serious shit, like DDOSing Olympus. Do we really want to go back to everyone getting hit off when they push cap?

Better than having no gang life at all and only having random civs on that just farm money 24/7 like what asylum was for the last year until the ownership change.

Edited by indian
  • Like 2
2 minutes ago, Pledge said:

Yeah DDoSing is a federal offense soooooo they are shit out of luck. But people who are banned for other things deserve a 2nd chance is all i am saying.

Just now, tacosmell said:

100% true. DDoSers should not be let back in tbh. BUT like i said using scripts (pulldowns), lag switching, and exploiting should not be looked at from the same point of view as loading up a PBO and nuking a server. I get it, it obviously is very scummy that they did this matter, but I believe that if we give them 1 chance and if they mess up again they are RFC then it could possibly work.

I equate  pulldowns, lagswitching  and MOST exploiting with aimbot, ESP and other hacks that give a competitive advantage...

• Downvote 1
20 minutes ago, tacosmell said:

Do the "unbanathon" here on olympus

There is no reason to do this we have way more players than asylum and I don't know if it is just me I would rather not have more hackers because the server gets blown up enough. Asylum did their unban as a last ditch effort to get more player base. It worked but for how long are people going to stay on that server. 

15 minutes ago, tacosmell said:

Yeah DDoSing is a federal offense soooooo they are shit out of luck. But people who are banned for other things deserve a 2nd chance is all i am saying.

you have to use big brain logic when making these decisions... there is a reason these folks use pulldowns, lagswitch, etc. Its because their internet pride is very big, and they need to feed that ego with folks sucking their dick calling them an animal, godly etc... so, once they meet someone better then them... they need to do something give themselves a competitive advantage...and that is script... egos rarely change... so will the end result....

Think of it this way... In professional sports, those who are not as good sometimes take steroids to give them a competitive advantage... they get caught and in trouble for this... take a look at the amount of pro athletes who have been caught taking steroids, got in trouble, but still continued to take steroids only to get caught again... the numbers are shocking... same thing plays here... once you get a taste of wrecking kids and feeling like a god on cap... you will do whatever you can to feed that...

As for DDoSers - my man @Arigato says it best "We ain't the internet police" so federal offense or not that makes no difference... 

• Like 1

Actually -1000iq play on Aslyum and shows the intellect of their audience if you think unbanning hackers is going to bring back the population. They hacked moron, what do you think they’re going to do once they get clapped on cap again. Cmon kids, use your brain and get off the asylum train. 

3 minutes ago, indian said:

I would actually hate to switch to asylum but it seems like my last resort at this point because there’s no more fun in gang activities on oly. APD is too OP and somehow makes it’s way into every encounter between civs with their broken loadouts and no nlr, barely any cops ever role play and are all robocops, most of them are on for hours and money so they can sell for IRL, Feds are broken because all updates towards them are all either directly or indirectly APD buffs, sAPD can camp people’s properties until the homeowner gets on and opens a door to give cops the ability to take everything that player had worked so long for in that house, the sAPD that is telling civs to come up with new Fed strats after cops are getting monthly buffs are the ones that only know one strat which is load SDAR’s on 2nd wave, cop stacks go from 6 to 25 with 10 lethals which usually doubles the amount of civs even doing a fed, the list goes on and on. It’s sad knowing that cops have to get buffed on here to compensate how horrible they are. And yes, APD does win again, simply because majority of sAPD is staff on this server and they ultimately decide everything behind the scenes. Corruption at its finest ladies and gentleman, welcome to Olympus. Oh and btw, close to none of what I listed above occurs on asylum, which is why gang life actually has strong potential on there. They already have Jesse and their developers aren’t people in college that’ll most likely leave in less than a year due to schoolwork. Unless shit changes around here or something bad happens over at asylum, it seems to me like Olympus’ demise is near.

can you explain to me how any of what you explained here would be different on asylum..?

• Like 2
  • Downvote 1
4 minutes ago, indian said:

I would actually hate to switch to asylum but it seems like my last resort at this point because there’s no more fun in gang activities on oly. APD is too OP and somehow makes it’s way into every encounter between civs with their broken loadouts and no nlr, barely any cops ever role play and are all robocops, most of them are on for hours and money so they can sell for IRL, Feds are broken because all updates towards them are all either directly or indirectly APD buffs, sAPD can camp people’s properties until the homeowner gets on and opens a door to give cops the ability to take everything that player had worked so long for in that house, the sAPD that is telling civs to come up with new Fed strats after cops are getting monthly buffs are the ones that only know one strat which is load SDAR’s on 2nd wave, cop stacks go from 6 to 25 with 10 lethals which usually doubles the amount of civs even doing a fed, the list goes on and on. It’s sad knowing that cops have to get buffed on here to compensate how horrible they are. And yes, APD does win again, simply because majority of sAPD is staff on this server and they ultimately decide everything behind the scenes. Corruption at its finest ladies and gentleman, welcome to Olympus. Oh and btw, close to none of what I listed above occurs on asylum, which is why gang life actually has strong potential on there. They already have Jesse and their developers aren’t people in college that’ll most likely leave in less than a year due to schoolwork. Unless shit changes around here or something bad happens over at asylum, it seems to me like Olympus’ demise is near.

Literally crying because you don’t know how to avoid a situation with the cops. Cya then bud, I’m sure this is the reason for the Olympus demise hahahah

• Like 1
  • Downvote 8