Giveaway Update + New Price Match & Free Oly+ ×

What's Better?

Teamspeak or Discord?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Teamspeak or Discord?

• Teamspeak 3
    • Discord

4 minutes ago, Slumberjack said:

I prefer TS for large communities, Discord for friend groups.

That's a fair statement. 

2 minutes ago, SPBojo said:

This is like comparing a phone to a letter sent in the mail. Both are equally good at what they do.

I'm going to have to respectfully disagree with that. If your statement were true, Discord and Teamspeak wouldn't be competitors in the voice communication market. Discord has a better interface, Teamspeak has better voice quality, but both are for the same purpose which makes them the same.

8 minutes ago, Hunter said:

I'm going to have to respectfully disagree with that. If your statement were true, Discord and Teamspeak wouldn't be competitors in the voice communication market. Discord has a better interface, Teamspeak has better voice quality, but both are for the same purpose which makes them the same.

They are competitors because they both focus on large / small scale communities, Discord has put more focus in to messages and interactions outside of just voice whilst teamspeak focuses mainly on voice if not purely on voice these days. Of course they are for the same purpose but they have completely different viewpoints on the "purpose" as displayed by the fact that discord puts alot of focus into the interaction with a community based on text and such. Saying that they both do the same thing is being very vague as they are 2 things that do the same thing but very differently. They have the same goal but different ways of approaching and achieving said goal. Besides, they arent competitors in the voice communication market, they are competitors in the "community" market. 

They are competitors because they both focus on large / small scale communities, Discord has put more focus in to messages and interactions outside of just voice whilst teamspeak focuses mainly on voice if not purely on voice these days. Of course they are for the same purpose but they have completely different viewpoints on the "purpose" as displayed by the fact that discord puts alot of focus into the interaction with a community based on text and such. Saying that they both do the same thing is being very vague as they are 2 things that do the same thing but very differently. They have the same goal but different ways of approaching and achieving said goal. Besides, they arent competitors in the voice communication market, they are competitors in the "community" market. 

That's a fair analysis. It's just that the way you worded it earlier made it sound as if I were comparing apples and oranges. Also, they're both VoIP's which means that they are in fact both competitors in the voice communication market. Also, the community market, you weren't wrong about that. 

2 minutes ago, Hunter said:

That's a fair analysis. It's just that the way you worded it earlier made it sound as if I were comparing apples and oranges. Also, they're both VoIP's which means that they are in fact both competitors in the voice communication market. Also, the community market, you weren't wrong about that. 

If you put it like that you also have to mention Skype, Steam Voice and any other easily used program catering towards VOIP. All in all, everyone is a competitor in some way, just like Olympus and Asylum but we focus on different things / do things different. We dont share the same goal, we dont have the same approach but we have the same goal of being the best.

I enjoy the ease of access and modularity that discord gives you for roles, making servers, getting people on and how idiot proof and versatile their UI is.

But for a large community or administrative tasks Teamspeak is easier to use and manage.

If you put it like that you also have to mention Skype, Steam Voice and any other easily used program catering towards VOIP. All in all, everyone is a competitor in some way, just like Olympus and Asylum but we focus on different things / do things different. We dont share the same goal, we dont have the same approach but we have the same goal of being the best.

I don't disagree with that even a little. I only put TS and Discord on the poll though because those are the two major ones that're geared toward gaming.

4 minutes ago, Hunter said:

I don't disagree with that even a little. I only put TS and Discord on the poll though because those are the two major ones that're geared toward gaming.

Honestly I voted for discord because it's becoming a one stop shop for everything.

They implemented video calls and screen sharing and have a UI/ system that's very usable for professional purposes, their UI makes starting a server and managing roles much easier than TS and the bots are a plus, TS is great from an admin PoV but discord is much better.

I was literally at a Model UN conference where my "bloc" made a discord for sharing resolutions and passing notes and it worked great and the moment I got home I was able to hop into another server and play siege with friends immediately, ts doesn't offer that level of convenience and it's hard to use unless you're acquainted.

5 minutes ago, sploding said:

Honestly I voted for discord because it's becoming a one stop shop for everything.

They implemented video calls and screen sharing and have a UI/ system that's very usable for professional purposes, their UI makes starting a server and managing roles much easier than TS and the bots are a plus, TS is great from an admin PoV but discord is much better.

I was literally at a Model UN conference where my "bloc" made a discord for sharing resolutions and passing notes and it worked great and the moment I got home I was able to hop into another server and play siege with friends immediately, ts doesn't offer that level of convenience and it's hard to use unless you're acquainted.

Yea, I'm more for Discord too, but I'm being kind of bias since I know some of Discord's Developers and Community Team. I will admit that TS has much better organization though.

I personally think that discord is perfect with a small amount of people, because its very hard to organize things in there in comparison to TS. Team speak is a very nice way to keep everything organized without making anything look to cluttered. You can also code skins for your TS background or find some online. Im siding with TS on this one.

• Like 1