Olympus Entertainment - Celebrating 10 Years! [$2k+ GIVEAWAY] ×
Special Promotion [FREE OLYMPUS+] ×

Some things to consider bout the wipe.

Today i played on the dev server.... and god dang. The market is chopped in half, maybe more. Moonshine is 4k. Weed is under 1k. And prices are changing a bit. A Mk 18 is 90k w/o donator reduction. The map itself is fine, weed and meth are a little to far out but i guess it is ok. But grinding for money is going to be way harder than before. After playing the dev server with most of crooks, mostly everyone is bummed. We thought this wipe would be good, but the way the market has changed makes us all wish it was left alone. We have been dreaming about this day for a while, but the way it was implemented actually has us a little dissapointed, even frustrated. Hopefully it turns out better than expected. BTW Trunk space is no more. On a hatchback sport its +8. RIP

The trunk upgrades are percentage now, so of course they will be lower witch is good, you shouldnt be able to make 1mil off a car that travels 300 lol break out them hemtt trucks.

Also money will actually be worth somethin...itll be hard of course but maby someone will think twice about that .50 they pull out to troll the poor people that live in Kavala...this wipe is WELLL worth it.

• Like 4

The trunk upgrades are percentage now, so of course they will be lower witch is good, you shouldnt be able to make 1mil off a car that travels 300 lol break out them hemtt trucks.

Also money will actually be worth somethin...itll be hard of course but maby someone will think twice about that .50 they pull out to troll the poor people that live in Kavala...this wipe is WELLL worth it.

I think one thing people should consider is nothing is set in stone regarding trunk space, prices, etc. It's not like you guys will keep things a certain way if it completely destroys the server and the players. 

A massive problem with server, right now is the economy. Poseidon has done a lot of thinking with Olympus Staff such as @Hades and now that they are fixed, in order to make the economy fixed they need to wipe it.

Else what's the point if you already have 500 million? That won't affect you at all; but now people who glitched items/money will loose it, so it's fair on everyones end. Money is no problem for 95% of gangs as someone can donate a tenth of a million to get you geared up to the basics, which is planned to be fixed.

No more 'Fuck, we died. Its kl, gonna go to rebel and fix my gear and we can continue the fight' - now people will want to keep their gear, and play the game start. With tactics.

If they kept the high value of money the same, then we would run into this problem again shortly. The point of the server wipe is to make money important again. Not so everyone can have 50 mil by the end of the first month.

You summed it up pretty good there. The whole point of a roleplaying server is to engage in each situation differently. This means when it comes to getting things they aren't just handed to you. You have to work for it and once that work has been done you get to enjoy the perks. As it currently stands money is far to easy to come by. Being able to make a single run and then go buy a high value vehicle, a full loadout and still have plenty to burn just doesn't work. People get bored this way and tend to try and find other things to do with there time such as trolling other players. With the new system making a single run will be nice but you also won't be able to just think ahh who cares if I lose this, I'll make a quick meth run and buy it all over again. Now you will go damn that took 3-4 meth runs to get, I need to be a bit more careful. There needs to be a risk of losing stuff in a game like this otherwise it gets old quick.

• Like 2

You summed it up pretty good there. The whole point of a roleplaying server is to engage in each situation differently. This means when it comes to getting things they aren't just handed to you. You have to work for it and once that work has been done you get to enjoy the perks. As it currently stands money is far to easy to come by. Being able to make a single run and then go buy a high value vehicle, a full loadout and still have plenty to burn just doesn't work. People get bored this way and tend to try and find other things to do with there time such as trolling other players. With the new system making a single run will be nice but you also won't be able to just think ahh who cares if I lose this, I'll make a quick meth run and buy it all over again. Now you will go damn that took 3-4 meth runs to get, I need to be a bit more careful. There needs to be a risk of losing stuff in a game like this otherwise it gets old quick.

Although I do agree with this I hope the staff are willing to adjust prices/amount of money made if the game is turning into all work and no fun. 

• Like 1

I agree with the wipe was just pointing some stuff out.... but alot of us dont have time to grind this much at the same time. I have school and a job :/ of course i will make do but unfortuanatley during my precious playtime i do get instead of rolling with the gang i have to do drugs. Which sucks.

Although I do agree with this I hope the staff are willing to adjust prices/amount of money made if the game is turning into all work and no fun. 

We will be watching things and taking constructive criticism from players. We know and understand some things may need to be adjusted and we have no problem doing that if it seems to be a big enough issue. This is part of the reason we had the Dev server open for so long, we wanted player feedback so when it did go live much less tweaking would be needed.

I agree with the wipe was just pointing some stuff out.... but alot of us dont have time to grind this much at the same time. I have school and a job :/ of course i will make do but unfortuanatley during my precious playtime i do get instead of rolling with the gang i have to do drugs. Which sucks.

While I understand that you have to keep in mind that we all have lives outside of the game. To many people have gotten the mindset that this game mode should just be a cakewalk and everything should be given right away. Doing that only makes starting the game fun. In the long run you get bored because you have everything so quickly and easily. The goal of this update is so you can have fun no matter how much time you play. If you can only play alittle then you will have smaller goals. If you have time to play longer the goals may be larger. All players will have the ability to earn the same things in the end but it might take longer for some. This is how almost all games work keep in mind.

i think olympus should stay how it is. its the map and other stuff that make the server good!

To some it might and to others it might not. With the amount of changes going in we couldn't just leave most things in place. If we did that then it would still be the same old thing.

Why is everyone so worried about money?  Just play the game and have fun.  Besides, It is way more exhilarating when each action and reaction matter.  Perhaps people will become more diligent with their actions.  

love this server how it is. changing it will make it shit. and taking money and making drug prices lower is even worse. but okay.

i wish u could change everything else but money :( dont wanan start again. all that grinding i did.

You may like it bit it isn't balanced. There is no reason a person should make a single run and be able to purchase a Taru and a full loadout and still have cash to spare. Doing it that way shortens the gameplay and the experience. Your not worried about losing things because they are so easy to get back. With the new changes it won't be this way. It will take a few trips and on each trip you will have to decide if its worth doing again or moving on to something else. You will have to decide do I prefer this vehicle or do I want to save for that one. It will force players to make a choice in what they do instead of just going in and mindlessly killing people because there isn't anything else to do.

You may like it bit it isn't balanced. There is no reason a person should make a single run and be able to purchase a Taru and a full loadout and still have cash to spare. Doing it that way shortens the gameplay and the experience. Your not worried about losing things because they are so easy to get back. With the new changes it won't be this way. It will take a few trips and on each trip you will have to decide if its worth doing again or moving on to something else. You will have to decide do I prefer this vehicle or do I want to save for that one. It will force players to make a choice in what they do instead of just going in and mindlessly killing people because there isn't anything else to do.

This

The whole point of the update is to make players decide what they want and really work to get it instead of getting multiple things from one run. Now I do agree the game could get repetitive and boring if it's all work and run fun but that's something that will have to be tested when the update actually happens.  

• Like 1

This

The whole point of the update is to make players decide what they want and really work to get it instead of getting multiple things from one run. Now I do agree the game could get repetitive and boring if it's all work and run fun but that's something that will have to be tested when the update actually happens.  

I think this is the biggest worry and we don't want this. We don't want everything handed to you but we also don't want all work and no play. The idea is that we will hit a balance with all the changes. At some points you may have to make them runs to get money, other times you will have enough already and you can go do something else. Roleplay means just that, you are playing a role simulated in a sense based off real life. While not everything can be done just as it is in real life we can try to add some checks and balances in though such as making it so player have to actually do alittle work to get some of the nicer things. The first few days will be rough and that is expected but in the following weeks it will even back out and hopefully we have balanced things enough to were players feel and understand fully why we are doing this.

I think this is the biggest worry and we don't want this. We don't want everything handed to you but we also don't want all work and no play. The idea is that we will hit a balance with all the changes. At some points you may have to make them runs to get money, other times you will have enough already and you can go do something else. Roleplay means just that, you are playing a role simulated in a sense based off real life. While not everything can be done just as it is in real life we can try to add some checks and balances in though such as making it so player have to actually do alittle work to get some of the nicer things. The first few days will be rough and that is expected but in the following weeks it will even back out and hopefully we have balanced things enough to were players feel and understand fully why we are doing this.

Let's hope other players read this point as they seem to be under the impression that once the update goes live prices are set in stone and nothing can/will be changed. You guys won't know what's the best formula until players actually test it out. Who knows maybe ill have 5 mil by the end of the weekend. 

Let's hope other players read this point as they seem to be under the impression that once the update goes live prices are set in stone and nothing can/will be changed. You guys won't know what's the best formula until players actually test it out. Who knows maybe ill have 5 mil by the end of the weekend. 

And thats why we have the Dev server up and going.We have been watching it but not many have gotten on it to really test it out. We've done what we can on our end to test but without a larger base of people actually getting on we will have to tweak things once it goes live.

And thats why we have the Dev server up and going.We have been watching it but not many have gotten on it to really test it out. We've done what we can on our end to test but without a larger base of people actually getting on we will have to tweak things once it goes live.

I think the problem is not a lot of people want to grind out on a dev server. Personally I've been on it to test features but haven't touched any processors/fields.