Hello, basically self explanatory title.

PC Specs:

Dell G3 15

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-9300H 9th Gen CPU @ 2.40GHz 

Nvidia GEFORCE GTX 1660 Ti w/ Max-q Design

15.6 Full HD IPS Display

Thermal Cooling

NVIDIA Discrete Graphic

<1 /21.6 mm thin

Game Shift

It's a laptop by the way, wanted to know how it'd do on Arma or your thoughts / opinions, I'm downloading Arma on it, got it for my birthday on the 6th of July.

I've tested it on the games I have downloaded Graphics 200% everything Ultra and I remain above 160+ FPS. 

Thanks.

I know it's an upgrade though for a fact, old PC was an Toshiba AMD Radeon R4 Series.

5 minutes ago, d a e q u a n said:

Alrighty, thanks and yeah I have 2 GPU's, Intel & Nvidia, so Arma is based off of CPU?

For the most part. My understanding is gpu may alleviate some issues with cpu, but arma is very cpu intensive.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 13
1 hour ago, d a e q u a n said:

Interesting, I have 4 cores and 8 processors is that good?

I run an i5-6700k I believe.  32gb ram, gigabyte gtx 1070 and I have 0 issues with arma.  I have contemplated upping my cpu to a i7-7700k or better, but hate the idea of tossing my old processor in a closet and collecting dust.  

This game is pushing 6 years old.  Next gen is not necessary.  I think you’ll be fine with what you have.  Only recommendation is don’t buy a laptop next time and build a desktop.

• Downvote 17
30 minutes ago, Richard said:

I run an i5-6700k I believe.  32gb ram, gigabyte gta 1070 and I have 0 issues with arma.  I have contemplated upping my cpu to a i7-7700k, but hate the idea of tossing my old processor in a closet and collecting dust.  

This game is pushing 6 years old.  Next gen is not necessary.  I think you’ll be fine with what you have.  Only recommendation is don’t buy a laptop next time and build a desktop.

alright boss

25 minutes ago, Doctor Doom said:

BRO  WE HAVE THE SAME LAPTOP

LEGIT?

5 hours ago, d a e q u a n said:

Alrighty, thanks and yeah I have 2 GPU's, Intel & Nvidia, so Arma is based off of CPU?

When you use a GPU like the 1660 ti the intel integrated graphics automatically turn of btw. And yes Arma prefers single core performance CPUs way more than GPU or anything else.

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, Strikke said:

When you use a GPU like the 1660 ti the intel integrated graphics automatically turn of btw. And yes Arma prefers single core performance CPUs way more than GPU or anything else.

Ah okay, so would it be the 4 cores or 8 processors? sorry not too much of a computer part genius

Okay so when I check affinity I have 8 CPU's, 7 not counting the all check mark.

2 minutes ago, d a e q u a n said:

Ah okay, so would it be the 4 cores or 8 processors? sorry not too much of a computer part genius

So your CPU has 4 cores and 8 Threads (kinda like processors ye). Dont get cought up in this to much as for most games you dont need really high core counts as long as the few cores you have are fast and good (the CPU you have isnt the best but it will probably do just fine for gaming and other office tasks etc.. but dont expect to have the best of the best computer)

Most games only use one or two cores to "fully" to run the game and this is a inefficient way of running the game (arma is the king of single core usage)(Single core usage does not mean that all the cores/threads arent being used however the main parts only gets run on one or two cores and everything else gets spread out)

Your GPU is good. all i have to say

51 minutes ago, Strikke said:

So your CPU has 4 cores and 8 Threads (kinda like processors ye). Dont get cought up in this to much as for most games you dont need really high core counts as long as the few cores you have are fast and good (the CPU you have isnt the best but it will probably do just fine for gaming and other office tasks etc.. but dont expect to have the best of the best computer)

Most games only use one or two cores to "fully" to run the game and this is a inefficient way of running the game (arma is the king of single core usage)(Single core usage does not mean that all the cores/threads arent being used however the main parts only gets run on one or two cores and everything else gets spread out)

Your GPU is good. all i have to say

Alright, thanks!

Also, a good thing to note is that a decent amount of video setting's load can be placed on either your GPU or CPU based on how high or low it is set... But as a general rule, Arma 3 is definitely more CPU driven than GPU driven. When I upgraded from an i3 dual core to an i5 quad core, I saw decent improvements. I saw similar improvements when I upgraded from a mini GTX 960 to a 980ti.

11 minutes ago, Noahhh! said:

Also, a good thing to note is that a decent amount of video setting's load can be placed on either your GPU or CPU based on how high or low it is set... But as a general rule, Arma 3 is definitely more CPU driven than GPU driven. When I upgraded from an i3 dual core to an i5 quad core, I saw decent improvements. I saw similar improvements when I upgraded from a mini GTX 960 to a 980ti.

Ah, well that explains this https://gyazo.com/395c1e06d50294b41832fd59c7561c11