Olympus Entertainment - Celebrating 10 Years! [$2k+ GIVEAWAY] ×
Special Promotion [FREE OLYMPUS+] ×

Locked This is why asylum is ahead of olympus x100

This is not promoting Asylum in anyway, this is showing why most of our active and loyal members are leaving, This is all done without mods and this is called a big update, Not changing a few prices and moving the map around (No Offence) Hire a few new devs, Stop coming up with excuses of why you can't add things in and just put the donation money to good use!

Okay, This is all in one update:

• Vehicles and weapons now have limited supply and can be crafted at factories located around the island.
  • Prices for vehicles and weapons will adjust based on supply and demand; for example, if a certain vehicle is plentiful on the market, crafting and selling them won't earn as much money as if it had more limited supply. This also affects purchase prices in the same way.
  • Basic vehicles and weapons are always available even if not crafted at the factory.
  • Oil can now be gathered at an offshore oil rig. You will need to carry the oil barrels to a boat and load it in using IgiLoad. Processing the oil on land will also give a rare chance of getting rubber, an item used in vehicle crafting.
  • Gold bars can no longer be sold in gang turfs.
  • You will now move slow (fatigued) for 40 seconds after being revived by a civilian. Adrenaline shots will remove this fatigue.
  • Civilians (not paramedics) will receive a short cooldown after reviving another player before they can do so again.
  • If killed within 5 minutes of being revived, you'll usually die without the chance of being revived.
  • The mechanics for cartel use have changed significantly, in the way that they "pay out" to the owner. We'll give more information on this later to avoid exploiting in the meantime.
  • Ifrit and hunter tires are now less vulnerable to gunfire.
  • Gas station robberies should now properly show on the map and pay out all the time.
  • Delivery crate value at chop shop will scale based on time since the delivery mission began.
  • Air delivery missions no longer exist in Stratis.
  • Cannot set off a suicide vest unless on the ground and not in a vehicle.
  • A new cartel, located underwater, is used to control oil production.
  • Personal submarines can now be purchased by rebels to aid in control of the underwater control area.
  • All points bulletin events can now randomly trigger, allowing police to better track the most wanted online fugitive.
  • Achievements are here! You can unlock achievements by completing certain actions, and some come with rewards.
  • All players will have their current money values adjusted based on new in-game prices. All items are significantly less expensive now, and money is adjusted to match. This means that your money might look smaller but it will buy the same amount that it would before. (1/2)
  • A bank balance cap of $1,000,000 is now in place to help correct the economy. All income earned over this level goes into new prestige system. (2/2)
  • Civilian prestige system are points which will increase with all money earned beyond the money cap. Prestige points do not decrease when they're "spent".
  • Prestige points can be spent on awesome vanity rewards! This will include everything from titles up to an unarmed civilian jet for the super-rich.
  • Titles can now be earned through prestige or achievements which will be shown alongside your nametag.
  • New connection messages will show the names of the most prestigious players.
  • Chat messages will show server-wide when a speedbomb detonates.
  • Police must now purchase equipment upon death; however, police officers will be granted a base loadout for free. This means that police must spend money if they want higher-end equipment, but are still capable without doing so.
  • You can no longer load into a medic slot if you're wanted as a civilian.
  • Houses can now be listed for sale! If someone buys your listed house you will get the money deposited into your bank account even if you're offline.
  • The governor can now instate the death penalty! With this active, people in jail who exceed a large threshold may be executed after a short time, although they can still be released and saved by a jury trial.
  • Fish now have a weight when they're caught, and some achievements are tied into these weights.
  • Bounty hunter arrests and paying your own bounty is now done at a courthouse and not police headquarters.
  • Police income from arrests and tickets will be spread among all currently active police officers.
  • Fixed bugs with syncing which allowed duping to take place.
  • With rotorlib no longer being required, vehicle insurance has become a thing of the past.
  • Tilde key can no longer be used to see the names of distant players.
  • Name tags will now be displayed over vehicles, showing the names of all people within.
  • Civilian bounty hunters can no longer send players to jail when they're restrained by a police officer.
  • Fixed bug in display of new police prestige gains.
  • Fixed some bugs with the Kavala chop shop.
  • Police now have tactical glasses.
  • Fixed repairing vehicle on elevated surfaces.
  • Fixed bug which caused the load parcel option to disappear.
  • Fixed bug in reviving where you would revive the environment.
  • Added and changed a bunch of the police uniform and vehicle skins. (Thanks Kingsland!)
  • Added confirmation dialog to a bunch of actions.
  • Fixed bug where you could be teleported after getting revived.
  • Fixed bug where undercover police rank would be shown after getting revived.
  • The world has received a big facelift, starting with a focus on Kavala.
  • New user interface graphics for a cleaner look to the HUD.
  • Fixed cops not being paid when killing a wanted person.
  • Players downed within a vehicle can no longer continue to shoot.
  • Several item dupe bug fixes and new means for tracking/detecting dupe attempts.
  • Medics will always spawn with NVG.
  • You can no longer pull out helicopters without the appropriate talent.
  • You can now sit down in chairs.
  • Alcohol consumption is here, just don't get caught driving over the legal limit!
  • Police have retired the justice wagons (.50 offroads).
  •  
  • Like 10
  • Admin

Although a nice touch to your topic of trying to make Olympus "better", hopefully this won't be seen by the admins as some sort of advertisement for Asylum severs. As I'm sure our admins know what is going on in other major servers. Don't get me wrong those aren't bad things at all, as I am not biased. We shall see what this "little" post might do to our community... hopefully it won't get loyal players to leave... but the not so loyal... I don't know.... 

See I didn't want to be that guy but if you think Asylum is 100x's better maybe you should make the switch. Posting threads like this doesn't help anything and just starts issues. You also have to realize Asylum has multiple devs.....we have 1. 

• Like 5

See I didn't want to be that guy but if you think Asylum is 100x's better maybe you should make the switch. Posting threads like this doesn't help anything and just starts issues. You also have to realize Asylum has multiple devs.....we have 1. 

I was just about to say that we only have 1 dev, they have multiple that can be working on different things at any given time. Also, the Olympus staff isn't paid, so finding someone that can be trusted as a developer that is willing to work for free is almost implausible.

Although it would be awesome to have more updates like this one, you need to understand why it can't happen, Poseidon is constantly working on this server, to not only add more content, but also fix the bountiful amount of bugs that are introduced with new content and ArmA 3 updates, it's not like Poseidon isn't trying his hardest to make this the best Altis Life server it can be, so I don't see what posting a thread like this aims to accomplish.

maybe we should get more devs?

As Brennan said above the staff are not paid nor is Poseidon. All donations go towards server costs that includes arma servers, website, and teamspeak. Finding a dev that is willing to work without pay and is actually trusted probably won't happen unless a current admin knows what he is doing. To my knowledge no admins are capable of doing this which is why there is one. 

you dont get the point he is making he isnt saying its the best server he is showing what we all want from a server ill be that guy to throw it out there as of now server 2 is dead from mc running them off and tba we are all getting bored of doing the same thing and for someone who is new its hard to recover from a big gang fucking him up over his apples or peaches.. Hades made the perfect comment when mc was on server 1 and told mc to go back to server 2 and stop running ppl off and to me he is right i feel so bad now when i think of how many people i have killed over oil or something stupid so he is not trying to be that persons to flame the server i think what he is trying to say is what we all want from this server the community here is amazing and to move to another server just wont be the same.... all this shows is what can be done without mods  

• Like 2

no one is starting issues... you are kinda by making this unnecessary post 

• Like 1

Well I don't think it's any secret that the low server populations isn't only temporary. Something needs to be done. More people are getting sick of the grind as the days go on. The RP is going out the window because everyone is running around like starving dogs. This is my first AL community i've fully invested myself in and i dont have any plan to leave but if there isn't a community to play with then what the hell am i and others of the same mindset supposed to do. Midget is one of these people. He is only trying to help. We need a new facelift in this community.

Edit: More stuff to do is absolutely a step in the right direction but its not the only thing. We need MORE staff. Not better staff. More staff. You guys clearly need help. Start asking and you shall receive. Not trying to be a dick. Its a huge job to manage a community like this. Trying to take on the job between a few of you is not enough. You guys are great but you are in over your heads.

Simply saying "Get more devs" is not as easy as it sounds; Olympus had developers in the past but in the end it went downhill due to people being people. Also most Developers except a "Pay" - "I'll work for you, but every major update I produce I except $xx.xx" for example - Olympus does not do that, as all the staff (As much as they'd love to get money from this) would rather have it go on servers then into their pockets.

Trust, Loyalty and Commitment are hard to find in combination with required skill (In this case Development in SQF)

Of course its not that easy but letting the community burn out because "We have mission statement to keep" is ridiculous. Any change made to a server should be done with the intention of keeping/ putting asses in seats. Nerfing the economy was not a popular decision and its blatantly obvious because we cant even keep 2 servers half full now. And by staff I meant all around. I have 3 comp tickets that have been sitting idle for 3 days. That shows me that A) They don't give a fuck or B ) They are under staffed. I would really hope its not because they dont give a fuck. Take on a group of people to be in charge of only tickets/ appeals. I have done these jobs before for other communities so I know its possible to make happen. That's only one example.

• Like 3

I've cheated on Olympus a couple times with Asylum and . Here is my honest opinion of all the servers. Asylum is fucking crazy with Rdm and is for the most part chaos. Play Asylum if you wanna hang in Kavala getting rdm'd every minute and watch people ram each other and medics tell you to fuck off faggot and blow up their vehicles. Mekka you can make a billion dollars in a day. Play if you want to be rich off a quadbike run and get no satisfaction robbing someone of a million dollars or not give a damn if you get shot with a mk 200 loadout. Olympus has a good balance of chaos which is usually in kavala where it needs to be and you have to work and play smart to make money but its not too hard like everyone complains about. Olympus has a great balance of everything and also the community it has built up is the best I have met a lot of people who I consider my friends and actually miss when they are not around. So Olympus for life, Asylum for rdming, and Mekka for idk.

Edited by thomas
  • Like 4

Simply saying "Get more devs" is not as easy as it sounds; Olympus had developers in the past but in the end it went downhill due to people being people. Also most Developers except a "Pay" - "I'll work for you, but every major update I produce I except $xx.xx" for example - Olympus does not do that, as all the staff (As much as they'd love to get money from this) would rather have it go on servers then into their pockets.

Trust, Loyalty and Commitment are hard to find in combination with required skill (In this case Development in SQF)

We know getting more devs is not easy but it's something olympus has to do.

The 1 dev we have probably gets tired  of doing everything alone, he needs another dev to help him out.

• Admin

I've cheated on Olympus a couple times with Asylum and . Here is my honest opinion of all the servers. Asylum is fucking crazy with Rdm and is for the most part chaos. Play Asylum if you wanna hang in Kavala getting rdm'd every minute and watch people ram each other and medics tell you to fuck off faggot and blow up their vehicles. you can make a billion dollars in a day. Play if you want to be rich off a quadbike run and get no satisfaction robbing someone of a million dollars or not give a damn if you get shot with a mk 200 loadout. Olympus has a good balance of chaos which is usually in kavala where it needs to be and you have to work and play smart to make money but its not too hard like everyone complains about. Olympus has a great balance of everything and also the community it has built up is the best I have met a lot of people who I consider my friends and actually miss when they are not around. So Olympus for life, Asylum for rdming, and for idk.

Good point Thomas. There is a large base of loyal players here than are more than willing to stay and keep this community afloat. Yes I would want maybe some new features thrown here and there but I feel it's about the people here, I get online almost everyday for at least 1 hour a day and I enjoy playing with these loyal players, I just think if we were to move to another server it would not be the same...At least I am not planning to any time soon.... 

Ok so we have all established we don't want to move. We have all established that we like the Olympus community. We have all established a few more features might be nice. What are we going to do with this information. We all know the population is seriously hurting. We are the loyal fan base. What do we want to see happen?

• Admin

Ok so we have all established we don't want to move. We have all established that we like the Olympus community. We have all established a few more features might be nice. What are we going to do with this information. We all know the population is seriously hurting. We are the loyal fan base. What do we want to see happen?

I think most has already been said. It's just a matter if it can or cannot be done. An admin will be here soon I'm sure of that, to shed light on the situation for all of Olympus. 

WE can want all day... it's not going to change anything anytime soon.

well. when it dies of death and runs its course. and its a ghost town if it happens then things might change. when realisation dawns on people or whatever or the powers that be. as it stands how things have changed. let me tell you newbies stand no chance economy is a factor. if they lose what they have its hard to recover. just my opinion. from bigger gangs or people who gained a foothold already. that and the lack of rp seems to be a factor ive noticed

It seems like your trying to promote Asylum on the Olympus forum. If you think Asylum is so great then no one is stopping you from leaving this community. There are other ways to go about giving suggestions to help improve the server.

• Like 1