Property Tax

Guest Skateezy
2 hours ago, Harpoon said:

thats the point though, make those squeaker fucks work harder so we can rob their runs...

This is a good way to make new players leave. We already have an issue of scats causing new players to instantly leave once they spawn in one single city within less than an hour.

The reality of all this is people that even go on the forums are the people that have money... this isn't going to effect the people on the forums but it will effect the non-no-life players that play the game to enjoy it and come on every now and again to refresh their deed.

Many better ways to get some money out of the economy.

4 hours ago, Noahhh! said:

Yeah, when emphasis when I said that this'll only really effect civilians with a lower bank account. The new players who just bought their first silver house are gonna have a much more difficult time paying those property taxes than someone with 100m.

IDK dude, if property taxes are relatively low e.g. 10% of house value + upgrades newer players won't struggle to pay if it's something like bi-weekly.

Like I said earlier make every additional house add 2.5% to your tax capping at 20%. If you own 4 houses you can afford the property tax which can't be higher than a mil every other week and a new player with a nice ass house is paying 200k taxes at most every 2 weeks, that's the cost of a full rebel loadout and if you use your silver house you'll have no trouble paying it.

8 hours ago, Millennium said:

If you can make it so you can pay the rent from stats page rather than having to log into each server and respawn at each house to pay the rent, +1

Or pay it at any realtor location?

36 minutes ago, sploding said:

IDK dude, if property taxes are relatively low e.g. 10% of house value + upgrades newer players won't struggle to pay if it's something like bi-weekly.

Like I said earlier make every additional house add 2.5% to your tax capping at 20%. If you own 4 houses you can afford the property tax which can't be higher than a mil every other week and a new player with a nice ass house is paying 200k taxes at most every 2 weeks, that's the cost of a full rebel loadout and if you use your silver house you'll have no trouble paying it.

500k a week to own houses? That's cancer in my opinion. I just hate IRL taxes, so I hate video games taxes even more.

• Like 2

yes... let's let the rich people pay a very, very, very small portion of their bank account to go towards property tax, while the poor people who can't pay their taxes lose their abdera/DP3/DP5 meth houses... yes, of course... sounds very epic

• Like 2
19 minutes ago, DubbedSoap said:

REMOVE PAYCHECKS

agreed. tons of money being made for people doing absolutely nothing. fuck the haters, paychecks suck and u can downvote me all u want u fucking cunts.

• Downvote 2
20 hours ago, sploding said:

What do you think of these rates to not only take money out of the economy but disincentivize property hoarding?

Tax Rate = 10% of property value + upgrades every two weeks. Every additional house will increase your tax rate by 2.5% eventually maxing out at 20% tax rate per house, Someone with a house worth 2mil will only pay 200k which isn't much but someone with multiple large houses will be paying astronomical taxes forcing them to either make the house productive somehow or risk losing significant amounts of money, garages can't be productive so they should be tax free though but house hoarding or buying a house in a good location, upgrading it then flipping for a profit would be very expensive and inconvenient.

i feel like a system like this would be a excellent way to implement a system that would prevent people from hoarding houses. I think it is probably the only way to implement a progressive tax in this game, since players can transfer money to their gang savings or even another account to avoid any other forms of tax. But I disagree with you that garages should be exempt from taxes. Maybe they should get taxes but not increase your tax rate. I really like the increasing tax rate for the more homes a player owns, though. +1

13 minutes ago, Jeron said:

Property tax for players who have 5 mil and above. This would allow those poor people who have houses to not go bankrupt 

people would just transfer money to gang savings or another account

I see a lot of people saying  that this would only affect poor people. I don't think this would be a very big issue, since a lot of poor people don't even have house, and if you do have a house, you surely can pay 10% of that every month. Though they could implement something where you only start getting taxed if you have more than 1 house.

1 hour ago, Shabiki v2 said:

agreed. tons of money being made for people doing absolutely nothing. fuck the haters, paychecks suck and u can downvote me all u want u fucking cunts.

Right? All these economy posts n shit, but nobody wants to accept the half a billion being generated a month out of thin air

Guest Skateezy
7 hours ago, Shabiki v2 said:

i feel like a system like this would be a excellent way to implement a system that would prevent people from hoarding houses. I think it is probably the only way to implement a progressive tax in this game, since players can transfer money to their gang savings or even another account to avoid any other forms of tax. But I disagree with you that garages should be exempt from taxes. Maybe they should get taxes but not increase your tax rate. I really like the increasing tax rate for the more homes a player owns, though. +1

people would just transfer money to gang savings or another account

You can't own more than 5 houses *unless they changed that*

6 hours ago, Shabiki v2 said:

I see a lot of people saying  that this would only affect poor people. I don't think this would be a very big issue, since a lot of poor people don't even have house, and if you do have a house, you surely can pay 10% of that every month. Though they could implement something where you only start getting taxed if you have more than 1 house.

The issue isn't the pricetag but bringing in an inevitable payment on the playerbase. I am simply telling you this will make people quit the server if they're hovering 500~k and get on to check their deed and logoff. I have done that before because I don't play this game in the non summer months or corona seasons. I can imagine many others like me that would go inactive for a few months - only getting on to check their houses and come back to a lost house because I wasn't actively making money and losing tons of gear sets and supplies.

Edited by Skateezy

well maybe u retards should sell ur houses, then. maybe they could add some sort of way to rent your house out to someone to give the dumbasses who leave for extended periods of time and don't have their taxes, to put that shit on someone else while they are gone.

i feel like this would give noobs an easier time of obtaining homes while also giving u retards some leeway.

maybe even some added protection for any dumbasses who miss their taxes, the house has a grace period for a month, where you can purchase the house again for FULL PRICE.  after the grace period, anyone can buy.

Edited by Shabiki v2
  • Downvote 2

rustybeercan, fuck you, dude. you probably own like 20 houses. i bet u r a trump supporter

literally give plausible solutions to all the problems you have with this and u just downvote me cause ur a cuck who can't accept change. fuck yourself

• Downvote 2

A) Youre retarded B) Renting out homes would be a terrible idea cause im assuming everything in that house is also something that their renting. so yeah if im going to leave for 2 1/2 weeks for vacation or something, lets just rent this house to a guy so he can pay the bills instead of me and he can also have access to all my shit, but when I come back I can just have access to all of his shit, great idea my dude! C) I dont own "20 houses" I just dont want to have to be forced to go do a run just to pay for a house, when was having to work to pay something off ever fun? And ya know, when im doing the run that I have to do to pay off the house that I paid for, what if I get robbed? Oh damn look theres even more money that goes down the drain, now it seems like im in an even bigger hole because I lost a bunch of gear and vehicles to do something that I didnt even want to do in the first place. @Shabiki v2 for server owner guys!

youre so fucking dumb. these are all just suggestions, and there is a solution to the fucking storage problem. it's just a fucking suggestion that can be built upon. obviously i have not thought of everything that is wrong with the renting idea, and i am fucking 100% sure the devs would be able to think of a solution to the storage bullshit u posed. sucks that when the boomers die off, there will still be stupid spiritual boomers, such as yourself.

the fact is, anyone who owns more than 1 house can afford to pay some fucking taxes and should pay taxes to get some of this money out of the economy. any other method of trying to tax players with large amounts of money can be easily avoided. trust me, no noob owns fucking 5 houses.

there doesn't even need to be renting--you fuckers will just find anything to complain about. if you don't have the money to pay for your 10 houses while you take a break, maybe you shouldn't have 10 houses. maybe you should just put all your gear in 1 house...................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Edited by Shabiki v2
10 hours ago, Shabiki v2 said:

youre so fucking dumb. these are all just suggestions, and there is a solution to the fucking storage problem. it's just a fucking suggestion that can be built upon. obviously i have not thought of everything that is wrong with the renting idea, and i am fucking 100% sure the devs would be able to think of a solution to the storage bullshit u posed. sucks that when the boomers die off, there will still be stupid spiritual boomers, such as yourself.

the fact is, anyone who owns more than 1 house can afford to pay some fucking taxes and should pay taxes to get some of this money out of the economy. any other method of trying to tax players with large amounts of money can be easily avoided. trust me, no noob owns fucking 5 houses.

there doesn't even need to be renting--you fuckers will just find anything to complain about. if you don't have the money to pay for your 10 houses while you take a break, maybe you shouldn't have 10 houses. maybe you should just put all your gear in 1 house...................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

I don’t think a 600000k dollar tax every 2 or so weeks is going to effect anyone with 20+ mil. 

• Downvote 1
20 minutes ago, RustyBeerCan said:

I don’t think a 600000k dollar tax every 2 or so weeks is going to effect anyone with 20+ mil. 

WHAT ELSE DO YOU SUGGEST? IT DEFINITELY WILL HAVE AN EFFECT ON THOSE PEOPLE, ESPECIALLY SINCE THEY ALL PROBABLY HAVE MULTIPLE HOUSES. ACTUALLY LEAVE THIS POST AND DIE, CAUSE YOURE LITERALLY CONTRIBUTING NOTHING. YOU HAVE A RESPONSE TO EVERYTHING AND IT'S GETTING REALLY SAD AT THIS POINT.

BRO, WE KNOW U HAVE 20 HOUSES AND ARE TRYING TO PROTECT YOUR BANK. JUST STOP

2 hours ago, Shabiki v2 said:

WHAT ELSE DO YOU SUGGEST? IT DEFINITELY WILL HAVE AN EFFECT ON THOSE PEOPLE, ESPECIALLY SINCE THEY ALL PROBABLY HAVE MULTIPLE HOUSES. ACTUALLY LEAVE THIS POST AND DIE, CAUSE YOURE LITERALLY CONTRIBUTING NOTHING. YOU HAVE A RESPONSE TO EVERYTHING AND IT'S GETTING REALLY SAD AT THIS POINT.

BRO, WE KNOW U HAVE 20 HOUSES AND ARE TRYING TO PROTECT YOUR BANK. JUST STOP

I don’t have any houses lol, I actually made a post trying to buy a moonshine house which would be my first house, and I suggested using @Skateezy idea like I said, but u wouldn’t know what that is because u didn’t read the whole thread and saw where I put that the first time, u legit just sound more stupid every time u make a post so just stop.

people aren't gonna waste their money on cosmetic bullshit. this is a money sink that can be made to only affect the rich players. i gave a solution to any way the tax may negatively affect players who somehow can't afford to pay 10%.

Edited by Shabiki v2