I am not hating on ghillie suits.  But its weird the people wear them as their regular garb.  Additionally, anyone wearing one is likely up to no good.  Im not saying your a bad person if your wearing one.  But you are probably doing bad things 9 times out of 10 when your wearing it, lol!  Anyways, back on topic.  Is wearing a ghillie probable cause for APD to stop and obtain identification? If its not it should be.

i do not agree on the ghillie being illegal, instead the vests should be giving probable cause to search, seeing as the vest's actually show more of a "imma kill you" type of manner, than wearing a bush does.

Im not saying illegal, just probable cause.  Basically the cop has reasonable suspicion to believe that the person wearing the suit has committed a crime or is going to commit one in the future.  No charge for wearing it.   APD could simply stop the person, search him or her, and ask for identification.  If things are found after the fact then so be it. 

You guy's both have good points

yeah, but hes point is understandable, but making clothing basically illegal would be to much in my opinion, because if its gonna be probable cause, its not legal, and that means a charge, and if its possesion of illegal equipment, thats gonna be a charge larger than what the clothing actually costs, and that would also require clothing to be seizeable.. so tbh, making vests illegal to use in public (or in general) would be the best thing to do. but with that, there should then be a vest added to the viglantee shop, that is actually legal so that those vigies that goes rebel to get vests and then goes back to vigi does not need to worry that much.

• Admin

I mean. I think people should be able to wear anything they want. Even if it's a clown suit. The thing is that if we start searching everyone on a ghillie suit...it's going to be an annoyance to ALL the players because usually 99.9% of them are wanted. It would turn into a nightmare lol. 

Not illegal! lol!  Just PC for a stop.  Stop and detain, check for warrants or illegal items.  If none release.  If so then cite or arrest.  Like a Terry Stop in real life. Terry v. Ohio.  Just limit the free reign that everyone wearing ghillie suits has walking through town.  I mean come on, its weird. 

• Like 1

Not illegal! lol!  Just PC for a stop.  Stop and detain, check for warrants or illegal items.  If non release.  If so then cite or arrest.  Like a Terry Stop in real life. Terry v. Ohio.  Just limit the free reign that everyone wearing ghillie suits has walking through town.  I mean come on, its weird. 

ah, makes sence now, with that said, i agree. 

1+

usually 99.9% of them are wanted.  

Exactly.  Make people be a little less obvious.  You could wear what you want.  But if you wear a damn ghillie suit in town it should be reasonable grounds to contact that person.  Its kind lame that 70% of the people you see in game are wearing either new spawn gear or ghillie suits.  Just saying. wear cloths, underwear, or a clown suit.  wear whatever you like.  But if you wear clothing that is synonymous to committing crimes then APD should be able to stop and see who you are.  It would not be a nightmare.  If your a criminal going into town.  Buy some regular cloths and blend in.  Rather then flaunting the fact.  It would be good RP! 

• Admin

Exactly.  Make people be a little less obvious.  You could wear what you want.  But if you wear a damn ghillie suit in town it should be reasonable grounds to contact that person.  Its kind lame that 70% of the people you see in game are wearing either new spawn gear or ghillie suits.  Just saying. wear cloths, underwear, or a clown suit.  wear whatever you like.  But if you wear clothing that is synonymous to committing crimes then APD should be able to stop and see who you are.  It would not be a nightmare.  If your a criminal going into town.  Buy some regular cloths and blend in.  Rather then flaunting the fact.  It would be good RP! 

Well. I guess it doesn't sound that bad.  ;)

• Admin

Same thing for wearing a mask in town. Why hide your face unless you have something to hide? Should be reasonable grounds to stop someone and ask for ID.

That is true. 

Wearing clothes isn't and should never give a cop the right to search you or check licenses. If they want to spark a conversation with the person then go for it but making certain clothing items illegal would be a joke. Maybe I wear a face mask because I was severely burned or I'm in wit pro. Maybe I wear a ghillie suit because I love the feeling of wet grass on my nipples. 

So many reasons can be said. 

I like the mask thing as well Odin.  No one said you couldn't wear the stuff.  I just think the cops should be able to detain you and find out whats up if people decide to stroll through town wearing masks and ghilli suits..  Sure the cops can try to talk to people.  However, unless there is probable cause to detain them the person can just walk away.  IMO, it would be a good way to get rid of using the tilda key and give cops a better way to confront people.  I mean come on.  You would rather a cop be able to use a keystroke to identify you vs actual appearance or suspicious behavior.  That doesn't mean the person wearing shady clothes has to comply with the cops eaither. They can always run away.  It would just be nice if criminals had to be a little more, tactful when entering town.  Rather then making it blatantly obvious what they do and getting treated the exact same as the next guy wearing jeans and a backpack.  Don't hate because its an amazing idea Warfare ;).  

There is nothing stopping APD from already doing this as long as they RP it correctly. The point that Ares wants is for APD to RP vs just tilda key, your wanted type thing. Sorry if I saw someone in a mask or a grass suit outside my house in RL I'll pull my 12 and by the time it was done know who they were. Same thing here, if someone is being shady then APD have probable cause to stop and question that person. Now I'm not saying each and every person they see wearing a Ghillie suit is to be stopped and questioned but if they feel they may be doing something illegal or wrong then just as in real life they can be stopped and questioned. The biggest thing to remember is it needs to be RP'd. Don't just walk up and say "Your wearing a Ghillie suit so I'm arresting you". Something more like "Sir/Mam why are you sneaking around in such a stealthy uniform, we've had reports of someone matching your clothing up to no good and we would like to check your identification for safety reasons" type thing.

So in the end RP RP RP RP RP RP

• Like 2
  • Admin

Honestly? I think it should be dropped in a sense. Unless the person is doing something suspicious the okay. Other than that I don't particularly think it would help.

That's really dumb it's just a stupid excuse for cops to stop people who are wanted without Tilda keying maybe if they have shmags on or whatever u call them and look like a terrorists sure but ghillies could be meant for more than one thing.

What reason is there to wear a Ghillie suit in a town full of buildings?

What I was getting at is if it's Rp'd correctly then it's ok. You can usually tell if an APD member is just standing there going through a list. Also if your paying attention and see an APD member moving your way then walk elsewhere. Since they don't know who you are they can't yell "Hey grass man APD, put your hands up" type thing. A wanted person shouldn't just be sitting in the middle of a populated town with no worries. If there wanted then let there be a risk to just sitting there. Players already take full advantage of the APD not using the tilda key so it has to be a 2 way street and not just a 1 way favoring Civs. I have personally witnessed Civs with millions dollar bounties and multiple crimes walk away because APD were "RP'n" instead of just arresting. While it is good for APD to do there does need to be some sort of counter balance to it. If you want to have a high bounty and just sit in town with no worries hiding behind a mask of sorts then you shouldn't be just sitting in town. The APD need to be able to do there job as well and if they sense something is wrong then as the law they have a right to question someone. If you have done nothing wrong and are not wanted then there is no worries. I know where I live in RL if an officer asks me to stop and I run he is gonna chase, tackle and arrest me even if he has no idea who i am.

• Like 1
  • Admin

True. The only thing is that people are so used to only being checked on probable cause that this may cause another commotion on cops that may only use this as an excuse to get the bounty.

Don't get me wrong I agree with you 100% it's just that I think if cops start to practice this it will cause a lot of commotion. I for one find a ghillie suit hilarious. I don't think our players should stop wearing them around kavala because they are scared they might get caught.

Just my 2 cents hades. Let us know what else you think on the subject.

When im in town if it be kavala, pygros, sofia etc i try to never use my tilda key. In my opinion it just makes it boring and seems like im playing robocop which is something i dont enjoy very much. But regarding shady uniforms or clothing i did see a guy in a shemaq once and asked him why he was wearing it what is he trying to hide and it ended up being an amazing RP situation. For those APD members that are all about getting the highest bounty i urge you to try and work on your Roleplaying skills cause i can guarentee it is way more fun for you and the person your interacting with.  

(Excuse my grammar lol)

i do not agree on the ghillie being illegal, instead the vests should be giving probable cause to search, seeing as the vest's actually show more of a "imma kill you" type of manner, than wearing a bush does.

MY APD VEST WHEN I'M ON CIV MAKES PEOPLE RUN UP AND ASK QUESTIONS

My opinion still stands. If you want to question me and ask why I am wearing the things I am go for it. However I shouldn't be detained for wearing certain clothing items. The problem with basing this off real life is we don't normally go around in ghillie suits and masks but in altis life that is the norm. It wouldn't make a cop question what someone is wearing because it's a popular choice of clothing in altis.