Over pop?

So I finally came back after being gone for like 6 months and I saw that there is no longer a S3 and S2 is only open for certain hours of the day. I used to bank all the time off of the server pop being low to make money, this isnt cause im trash I just usually run solo. So now that the server pop is always full and I can never do runs without getting ran on by a group or cops, whats the best way to make money? 

• Like 2

If you try to explain to anyone why this was a retarded thing to do to the economy, they will refuse to listen and act like you're stupid.

You are correct though, it was a stupid decision made by people who don't do runs.  

You may not like the answer, but... just join a gang that does the runs you like doing? I mean for you it sounds less than ideal, but hey, better than nothing right?

Having more people crammed into one server rather than having people spread out not only is more interesting but its also better for the server economy. Having one server of 100 people attracts more police and medics for the sheer probability that a person will request revive or cops will run into someone doing a run or a federal event. Whereas having 3 servers of 30 people could possibly blow up the economy because players have less chance to run into someone during a run, Getting robbed either by cops or other civs. Best suggestion to make money would be to do runs that no one checks or cares about and take the beat of making less money per run, or find a group of people that is in the same situation as yourself. The second option can be tricky so it wouldn't be the worst idea to apply for cop or medic. Probably not the best answer as these options are pretty obvious but a solution none the less.

4 hours ago, FrankieTwinkletoes said:

Having more people crammed into one server rather than having people spread out not only is more interesting but its also better for the server economy. Having one server of 100 people attracts more police and medics for the sheer probability that a person will request revive or cops will run into someone doing a run or a federal event. Whereas having 3 servers of 30 people could possibly blow up the economy because players have less chance to run into someone during a run, Getting robbed either by cops or other civs. Best suggestion to make money would be to do runs that no one checks or cares about and take the beat of making less money per run, or find a group of people that is in the same situation as yourself. The second option can be tricky so it wouldn't be the worst idea to apply for cop or medic. Probably not the best answer as these options are pretty obvious but a solution none the less.

So instead of just beating the shit out of non experienced players and solo players why don’t you just open up 2 servers all the time instead of having one that every gang cop and rdm’er are crammed into to make it practically impossible to do any run, because there’s constant heli’s and planes that are scouting/flying everywhere. Don’t have good luck with runs? You can go rob, oh wait can’t do that either because the only people doing runs are geared groups, and let’s just say you get lucky enough to kill them there’s about a 70% chance you get ran on by another group or cops while you’re lock picking or driving off. So that leaves anyone that wants to have an actual chance on this server to join a gang where you then have to be in a ts or discord and just do what they want to do. Which to me isn’t very fun to have to listen to everyone else bitch about whatever and do what they want to do instead of just doing your own thing. So instead of just opening up 2 servers 24/7 to let new players and solo players alike actually have a chance to experience the server and make some money to stand some sort of chance against a group or gang, let’s just have one server because it makes things “more interesting”. I don’t think having 1 server with almost max pop make things more interesting for anyone but big gangs and cops. 

• Like 1
  • Clown 1
54 minutes ago, RustyBeerCan said:

So instead of just beating the shit out of non experienced players and solo players why don’t you just open up 2 servers all the time instead of having one that every gang cop and rdm’er are crammed into to make it practically impossible to do any run, because there’s constant heli’s and planes that are scouting/flying everywhere. Don’t have good luck with runs? You can go rob, oh wait can’t do that either because the only people doing runs are geared groups, and let’s just say you get lucky enough to kill them there’s about a 70% chance you get ran on by another group or cops while you’re lock picking or driving off. So that leaves anyone that wants to have an actual chance on this server to join a gang where you then have to be in a ts or discord and just do what they want to do. Which to me isn’t very fun to have to listen to everyone else bitch about whatever and do what they want to do instead of just doing your own thing. So instead of just opening up 2 servers 24/7 to let new players and solo players alike actually have a chance to experience the server and make some money to stand some sort of chance against a group or gang, let’s just have one server because it makes things “more interesting”. I don’t think having 1 server with almost max pop make things more interesting for anyone but big gangs and cops. 

1 server with high pop is much more interesting then 2 not even half full

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Vigi easy money said:

Yeah, also much more of everything that I just stated. I’d much rather have a server that’s not as interesting than everything that was stated. U act like S1 never had nearly 100 ppl on it every night before they shut down S2 lol. Or that it was just some boring wasteland. 

11 hours ago, Vigi easy money said:

Should be allowed to play lower pop to chill and farm with more manageable risk without having to wake up at 6am.  

I literally watched sand pro with thermals at 2am as a group tried to do a run.  This is 2am, not peak hours.   
One small group was there with a tempest and a zamak, and three guys.  
2 orcas dropped on them, killed them and took their shit, then on the way to chop shop (ITS LITERALLY LESS THAN A KM AWAY) they new guys got killed and robbed by a quillin, of dudes, who then got dropped on AGAIN at chop.

So two trucks, over the course of 15 minutes, over the course of 1Km changed hands 4 times before they got chopped.  These trucks, doing a LEGAL RESOURCE, and were likely newer players getting a feel for the game.  Everybody's got their opinions why the servers dying, and just get hostile and defensive when you point out the painfully obvious reason.
THIS MAP WASN'T MADE FOR 120 PLAYERS.   Population peaks are supposed to be met with population luls, and not everybody has the option of playing at 7am to farm.

So now we're stuck in this position where the "I don't do runs, I only rob and do cartels" people are finally starting to see how short sighted this decision was, and a lot of the people who don't even play the game that support it are hearing the constant complaints, and looking around for someone else to blame (i.e. Silla).  

1 hour ago, anti said:

Should be allowed to play lower pop to chill and farm with more manageable risk without having to wake up at 6am.  

you're doing it all wrong, you don't wake up at 6am, you go to bed at 6am

3 hours ago, anti said:

I literally watched sand pro with thermals at 2am as a group tried to do a run.  This is 2am, not peak hours.   
One small group was there with a tempest and a zamak, and three guys.  
2 orcas dropped on them, killed them and took their shit, then on the way to chop shop (ITS LITERALLY LESS THAN A KM AWAY) they new guys got killed and robbed by a quillin, of dudes, who then got dropped on AGAIN at chop.

So two trucks, over the course of 15 minutes, over the course of 1Km changed hands 4 times before they got chopped.  These trucks, doing a LEGAL RESOURCE, and were likely newer players getting a feel for the game.  Everybody's got their opinions why the servers dying, and just get hostile and defensive when you point out the painfully obvious reason.
THIS MAP WASN'T MADE FOR 120 PLAYERS.   Population peaks are supposed to be met with population luls, and not everybody has the option of playing at 7am to farm.

So now we're stuck in this position where the "I don't do runs, I only rob and do cartels" people are finally starting to see how short sighted this decision was, and a lot of the people who don't even play the game that support it are hearing the constant complaints, and looking around for someone else to blame (i.e. Silla).  

Runs aren’t supposed to be safe. Olympus should never cater to the newer players, it would become stale and the older plays would move to different servers.

31 minutes ago, Y A Y O said:

Runs aren’t supposed to be safe. Olympus should never cater to the newer players, it would become stale and the older plays would move to different servers.

I’ve got over 600 hours on this server and not being able to do any runs unless it’s 6AM is so annoying. It’s not that you’re catering to “new players” that’s such an ignorant statement, there will be more for everyone to do if people feel safe doing runs. More people to rob and more people to actually have successful runs. And if you’re going to say old players are going to move to a different server because the pop isn’t 110 then I think they should switch to a different server anyways, but good luck finding a server with a pop anything close to that. U people act like Olympus was boring before they had basically only 1 server.

• Like 1

Running many servers with little populations is a good way to ensure the faster downfall of Olympus.

When people are looking for new servers to play on, they're not looking for 30 person servers. They want action. They want an active community.

When a server has a higher population, it generally means that there is more content to be explored and more interactions to be had.

I remember just a few months ago that people were complaining of the boring low populations. Low populations might be great for your morning runs, but it is not fun in the long run. Take it from someone who grinded 100m of moonshine. The fun only lasts so long.

Play with a group and do whatever you want and have fun OR do legal runs and be safe.

• Like 3

Never experienced too many players on oly, it’s much more fun with more people and active events going on. 

For means of making money I see why you wouldn’t want such a high pop but when plane runs got buffed it easily became the new meta for making money during high pop.

13 minutes ago, Noahhh! said:

Running many servers with little populations is a good way to ensure the faster downfall of Olympus.

When people are looking for new servers to play on, they're not looking for 30 person servers. They want action. They want an active community.

When a server has a higher population, it generally means that there is more content to be explored and more interactions to be had.

I remember just a few months ago that people were complaining of the boring low populations. Low populations might be great for your morning runs, but it is not fun in the long run. Take it from someone who grinded 100m of moonshine. The fun only lasts so long.

Play with a group and do whatever you want and have fun OR do legal runs and be safe.

tldr they want the server at the top of the list as much as possible

1 hour ago, Noahhh! said:

Olympus has always run 2 servers up until recently and it’s never really went on a downfall, because it was somewhat new player friendly but within reason to where it’s fun for everyone. I got 3 of my friends to get it over the weekend to play and they don’t like it because all they do is get killed when we try to make money, and it’s hard to explain that the server can be fun but when they try to make money to actually experience the server and they can’t because they run into someone around every turn or there’s 4 groups that try to rob us it’s hard for them to see that it could be fun. So out of the 3 that got it only 1 is still giving it a try. So I mean we could talk all day about how 2 not so full servers (which they were ever not full on weekends) leads to the downfall but when new players can’t catch a break and it’s just farm for 30 minutes, die, repeat. That’s what will lead to the downfall because you’re not going to get anyone to stick around long enough to actually see what the server has to offer. And yeah u can join a group or gang, but I personally don’t like gangs, and a new person isn’t going to know to join a gang right off the bat, most new players join and try to start on their own. 

1 hour ago, Strafe said:

tldr they want the server at the top of the list as much as possible

Which I can see being something that benefits everyone 

• Like 1
39 minutes ago, RustyBeerCan said:

Which I can see being something that benefits everyone 

so then u agree with the fact that they need to close s2 during non peak hours