Sovereign's Big Book of How To Farm

Introduction:   

Been playing this server for a couple years.  In the beginning, I was robbed a lot, as most people are.  I refused to join up with big gangs, and despite CTF having a period in history where we were the largest daily active gang on oly, most of the time I chose to go it alone, which left me having to adapt strategies and tactics that would leave me relatively safe when facing insurmountable numbers and odds.  I intend to share some of these tricks and tactics with some of the newer players, and maybe even some of the older players who don't have too much of an ego to listen.

The most important thing is to always be able to bounce back from being robbed without losing too much.  

Vehicles in the Field and House Networks:

Never bring a tempest device to a processor under any conditions.  It's way too much to lose in one spot.  Tempest devices should never be deployed unless you have a place to store your unprocessed goods, and then store the vehicle itself.  You should always have a house intended to pull unprocessed goods from.  

If you don't have a system of houses setup for both pre and post processed goods, the largest vehicle you should ever deploy is a box truck.  Someone flying over salt mine shouldn't be able to predict that you're going to be at the salt trader in 15 minutes with a hemtt full of processed goods, so those runs need to be short and sweet.  

That also brings us to the next point, STAGGER YOUR RUNS.  Once you have a bigger and better setup, you should never do two different functions back to back.  Do all your gathering at the same time, then  have a time gap for all of your processing, then a time gap for your selling, and an additional time for any adaptive steps you've added in for efficiency.  

The ranges between every point, and housing availability determine the number of steps that should be added for efficiency.

Your prime resource network should ultimately consist of 3-4 houses, with the remainder allowed used for alternate resources/cartels if your area becomes camped, too hot, or high risk.  

network.png

YOU NEED TO TRAIN YOUR ENEMIES THAT SUCCESSFULLY ROBBING YOU WILL NEVER GET THEM A BIG SCORE.  Sometimes, it's worth it to lose money on a run just to train those who would rob you that robbing you isn't worth it.  This can be done as shown above, by never risking too much in play at once, but also, by preparing counter measures. 

Counter measures are an important tool, but only if you can prevent them from backfiring on you.  If you pull expensive equipment and just die and lose it, or worse, get it taken from you, then you've hurt yourself, or worse, taught your enemy there is more to gain from robbing you.

Keep a low value vehicle on sight, such as a hatchback or SDV (submarine) that nobody would bother to steal, that is marked, to keep your counter measures in.   
Speedbombs are great for this.  If you find yourself in a situation where you have more vehicles in play than players to evacuate them, speed bomb one and leave it behind.  Though expensive, taking out an enemy and teaching them that robbing you is high risk low reward, is worth it in the long run, as it deters future incursions.  Titans can also  be useful in remote areas where robberies are likely to come by air such as meth.  

ZAMAK IS YOUR  BEST FRIEND.  Zamaks are the the best vehicle in storage per price.  When chopped they net a measly 75k, and are so slow they are rarely worth the time to chop.  A marked Zamak can even serve as a makeshift house to store unprocessed goods.  Just put it where you want it, mark it, shoot the tires and gas tank out, and keep filling it up.  Anyone who goes through the effort deserves the 75k chop, and 150k insurance for that convenience is an easy trade off.  

The ZAMAK is also great for setting up traps.  If you feel like your team is in too high risk of a situation  to farm, take 2-3 Zamaks and leave them at a pro locked.  Surround them with well hidden remote explosives, get to max distance, and wait.   It's legal to blow vehicles up so long as the explosion also kills players.  

If your processing zone is near water, and you are not in combat, take the a HEMTT Box full  of unprocessed goods and waterlog it while marked.  Be sure not to do this in combat or you are breaking rules, but you now have a stable, what is essentially, house for that server cycle full of unpro'ed goods.  Be certain that the vehicle you use for this is too large to be tow cabled or you've handed them a free truck.  

ATTACK THE MARKET PRICE, ALWAYS:  Whenever you are active farming, and that market price maxes out, stop what you're doing and sell.  Make the price so inhospitable to competition that your gang alone controls the market.  

Hope this helps some of you.  I look forward to the hate mail and various slurs coming in the replies. 

24 minutes ago, 1emplar said:

or don't do runs at all and get all your money from conquest 😎

Always sounds cool on paper, but I've never known anyone who says that, where it doesn't turn into.. vehicle.png

20 minutes ago, vedalkenn said:

then no one you know has ever touched a conq point

There's maybe 8 try-hards at most on the server that could survive on conquest points that actually play outside of conquests. 

14 minutes ago, ClapCheeks said:

You forgot the part where you text someone to come save you when shit goes south, couldn’t be me🙃

You're a bloodthirsty maniac... you always told me to text you if i basically ever seen something moving.

Speaking of which, wanna kill a bunch of cartoonie sweedish dudes for me?

6 hours ago, anti said:

You're a bloodthirsty maniac... you always told me to text you if i basically ever seen something moving.

Speaking of which, wanna kill a bunch of cartoonie sweedish dudes for me?

Lmao I was just playing, I enjoyed the war points lol, and yuh when I’m on next

On 12/2/2021 at 2:51 PM, anti said:

There's maybe 8 try-hards at most on the server that could survive on conquest points that actually play outside of conquests. 

Nah you get mad money from conquest. Even if you aren’t a sweat