It's important to understand the result of post cold war politics.  All the nuclear powers have to fight via proxies.  We cannot directly fight russia because it leads to nuclear war.  We cannot directly fight china, because it leads to nuclear war.

We don't fight russia/china, russia/china doesn't fight us.  They fight our allies, we arm them, and visa versa.  Creates a boundary where nobody in power feels desperate enough to pick up the red phone.

2 hours ago, ThatNerdyGuy said:

Boots on the ground? No, that’s how you get World War 3. You don’t want World War 3. 

Ehhh. I highly doubt a world war 3 would break out as it would be the entire nato force against russia, possibly China, but even they questioned russia’s invasion.

If we did get involved,Most likely if anything it will start with drones/aerial vehicles. Risk less casualties, then proceed to if we push russia further back, the geography is quite tough for ground troops, so it would most likely continue aerially. 

Russia’s equipment is fairly outdated, look at Ukraine. Russia still hasn’t captured a major city and has suffered more losses than Ukraine has. A turkish ship was attacked by a russian warship, so technically nato can get involved right now if they wanted to. 

with the sanctions, freezing of banks, etc. russia’s economy is pretty fucked. I’m fairly certain 1 rouble is worth less than a penny right now… soon their citizens will have enough of it and start riots and stuff, especially with groups like anonymous showing the citizens what is actually going on and not what the government is saying.

Russia bombed some telecommunications towers in Kyiev, however Elon just shipped a mass amounts of something i can’t remember the name of, for ukraine.

TLDR: russia isn’t winning, they would lose a fight 100% against NATO, it most likely wouldn’t be “world war 3”.

30 minutes ago, Millennium said:

Ehhh. I highly doubt a world war 3 would break out as it would be the entire nato force against russia, possibly China, but even they questioned russia’s invasion.

If we did get involved,Most likely if anything it will start with drones/aerial vehicles. Risk less casualties, then proceed to if we push russia further back, the geography is quite tough for ground troops, so it would most likely continue aerially. 

Russia’s equipment is fairly outdated, look at Ukraine. Russia still hasn’t captured a major city and has suffered more losses than Ukraine has. A turkish ship was attacked by a russian warship, so technically nato can get involved right now if they wanted to. 

with the sanctions, freezing of banks, etc. russia’s economy is pretty fucked. I’m fairly certain 1 rouble is worth less than a penny right now… soon their citizens will have enough of it and start riots and stuff, especially with groups like anonymous showing the citizens what is actually going on and not what the government is saying.

Russia bombed some telecommunications towers in Kyiev, however Elon just shipped a mass amounts of something i can’t remember the name of, for ukraine.

TLDR: russia isn’t winning, they would lose a fight 100% against NATO, it most likely wouldn’t be “world war 3”.

Starlink terminals were shipped to Ukraine to help make sure they stay online. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Millennium said:

Propaganda, taking cities requires a lot of man power, they are going to crush kviv and everything else will come with it. Russia is not losing the war but they may be losing battles. 

World war 3 is at our doorstep and it is most definitely happening. Prepare for the worst, everyone should have a bug out bag prepared with medical supplies water and snacks that last a long time.  If you are American and of the legal age to purchase a firearm in ur state I highly recommend doing so as well.

Edited by buckie
  • Like 1
  • TriHard 1
  • Weird 1
1 hour ago, hawkg said:

Well if russia does take ukraine what would happen if china had the same idea with taiwan. That would make a war. But this all started because of the man in the office now. Trump had it locked down. And if ww3 is starting at least free groovy

They is already rumbles of China pushing for taiwan. Waiting for Kyiv to fall before jumping into it.

1 hour ago, buckie said:

Propaganda, taking cities requires a lot of man power, they are going to crush kviv and everything else will come with it. Russia is not losing the war but they may be losing battles. 

World war 3 is at our doorstep and it is most definitely happening. Prepare for the worst, everyone should have a bug out bag prepared with medical supplies water and snacks that last a long time.  If you are American and of the legal age to purchase a firearm in ur state I highly recommend doing so as well.

I can't tell if you are memeing or not, usually I can with you, but anyways:

100% taking cities require a lot of man power, which Russia has, especially over ukraine. There is definitely propoganda going around, like I doubt the Ghost of Kyiev actually took down 6 Russian jets in the first 24 hours of the invasion. You are right they are losing battles, and based on those battles is how you determine who is winning the war, just like WW2. German was winning several battles, forcing their way to Western Europe, winning the war. Then they started losing the battles, which eventually led to them losing the war.

I highly doubt World War 3 will start, if so it will only take place in Europe. Russia knows that poking the bear (NATO) will not end well for them. Technically you could not consider Russia a super power anymore. They have numbers in their forces, however their technology is not nearly as sophisticated as the US and their allies. The trick that Russia always pulls are nukes, its like a trump card, however there are several counter defenses against things such as nukes.

When it comes down to it, even if World War 3 started, and we were involved in it, an invasion on US territory is very slim to none. The only way to get into the US is overseas, and then either a beaching on our coasts, or an invasion from our north/south borders. We have the strongest Navy by far, including 8+ aircraft carrier fleets, which Im fairly certain 8 of them are actually Super carriers. Anyways, they would have to pass our Navy, as well as our airforce to even reach the US.

Russia definitely has the ability to take Ukraine, never said it wasn't possible. however, so far their attempts have failed and are costing them a lot. Russia makes most of its money based on their oil/natural gas. They provide oil/natural gases to A LOT of western European countries, however with sanctions and other penalties towards Russia, they are not gonna last forever. They rely on Western Europe to support themselves. Without oil/gas Russia isn't valued for much, shit more than half of their country is uninhabitable. This is also most likely the reason they even invaded Ukraine, back in I believe 2012 it was discovered there are 2 large deposits of oil on Ukrainian soil and a mass amount of oil to the east of the Crimean Peninsula in the black sea/Chorne sea. If Ukraine tapped those and started providing the west with it instead of Russia, Russia's economy would plummet.

20 minutes ago, Millennium said:

I can't tell if you are memeing or not, usually I can with you, but anyways:

100% taking cities require a lot of man power, which Russia has, especially over ukraine. There is definitely propoganda going around, like I doubt the Ghost of Kyiev actually took down 6 Russian jets in the first 24 hours of the invasion. You are right they are losing battles, and based on those battles is how you determine who is winning the war, just like WW2. German was winning several battles, forcing their way to Western Europe, winning the war. Then they started losing the battles, which eventually led to them losing the war.

I highly doubt World War 3 will start, if so it will only take place in Europe. Russia knows that poking the bear (NATO) will not end well for them. Technically you could not consider Russia a super power anymore. They have numbers in their forces, however their technology is not nearly as sophisticated as the US and their allies. The trick that Russia always pulls are nukes, its like a trump card, however there are several counter defenses against things such as nukes.

When it comes down to it, even if World War 3 started, and we were involved in it, an invasion on US territory is very slim to none. The only way to get into the US is overseas, and then either a beaching on our coasts, or an invasion from our north/south borders. We have the strongest Navy by far, including 8+ aircraft carrier fleets, which Im fairly certain 8 of them are actually Super carriers. Anyways, they would have to pass our Navy, as well as our airforce to even reach the US.

Russia definitely has the ability to take Ukraine, never said it wasn't possible. however, so far their attempts have failed and are costing them a lot. Russia makes most of its money based on their oil/natural gas. They provide oil/natural gases to A LOT of western European countries, however with sanctions and other penalties towards Russia, they are not gonna last forever. They rely on Western Europe to support themselves. Without oil/gas Russia isn't valued for much, shit more than half of their country is uninhabitable. This is also most likely the reason they even invaded Ukraine, back in I believe 2012 it was discovered there are 2 large deposits of oil on Ukrainian soil and a mass amount of oil to the east of the Crimean Peninsula in the black sea/Chorne sea. If Ukraine tapped those and started providing the west with it instead of Russia, Russia's economy would plummet.

I was being serious, you make a lot of good points, but once Kiev is gone, Ukraine will follow. I believe the Chinese being so quiet is a bad sign. If world war 3 pops off it’ll be a strike at our supply lines from china and Europe. How much you want to bet that Russia and Chinese subs are moving to mid Atlantic and pacific waiting for the cards to fall into place. The 40 mile long convoy is going to tear a deep hole in ukraines morale.

• Senior Web Developer

just send Lana Rhoades and Emily Willis over to putin for a night and i gurantee he ends the war tomorrow, bro needs to invade some bitches instead of ukraine.

On a more serious note:

I personally have no idea what would be a good strategy at this point, we can't just sit back and let ukraine get fucked over and have numerous war crimes commited against them. But at the same time if we attack Russia then we have to deal with China as well and we all know how that is going to end more than likely. It's kind of a lose-lose situation IMO.

Edited by stayclaxxy
  • Like 2
  • Pepega 1
3 hours ago, buckie said:

they are going to crush kviv and everything else will come with

even if russia manages to take kyiv, i can bet it will be just like grozny in the chechen wars. kyiv will be a tomb for the russian dogs

• +1 3
2 hours ago, anti said:

None of that matters.  Nukes would happen.  The moment anyone got involved Russia could 100% not handle, nukes would fly.

Once again. There are counter measurements agains’t nukes. Nukes are not a “end of the world” and they also don’t have nearly as large of a blast radius that people think they do.

5 hours ago, buckie said:

but once Kiev is gone, Ukraine will follow. I believe the Chinese being so quiet is a bad sign. If world war 3 pops off it’ll be a strike at our supply lines from china and Europe. How much you want to bet that Russia and Chinese subs are moving to mid Atlantic and pacific waiting for the cards to fall into place. The 40 mile long convoy is going to tear a deep hole in ukraines morale.

you ain't wrong, if they lose kyiev that will kill the faith that Ukrainians have in themselves of fending off Russia, however there will still be plenty of citizens, militias, soldiers, etc. that will continue fighting no matter what because they want their independence from Russia.

The subs I highly doubt is actually happening, they wouldn't dare touch a US vessel crossing the atlantic. From our history with boats and getting attacked they know not to fuck with the US vessels. You are kinda thinking about how Germany played it out and I highly doubt they would try the same strategy as them. 

Also spotting submarines are a lot easier to do nowadays compared to back in 1940's, still difficult, but if they wish to attack with a sub it won't go unnoticed.

10 hours ago, anti said:

It's important to understand the result of post cold war politics.  All the nuclear powers have to fight via proxies.  We cannot directly fight russia because it leads to nuclear war.  We cannot directly fight china, because it leads to nuclear war.

We don't fight russia/china, russia/china doesn't fight us.  They fight our allies, we arm them, and visa versa.  Creates a boundary where nobody in power feels desperate enough to pick up the red phone.

That is a stupid argument because russia has put their nuclear weapons on alert already. They armed their program.

17 minutes ago, Millennium said:

Once again. There are counter measurements agains’t nukes. Nukes are not a “end of the world” and they also don’t have nearly as large of a blast radius that people think they do.

Right we have a huge air defense system that is supposed to disrupt nukes before they even hit the ground. 

1. The current most ubiquitous US nuclear weapon deployed is the W78 nuclear weapon with a yield of 350kt which has a total fireball of .63KM and a 5PSI which collapse most residential buildings up to 4.95KM this is with a airburst detonation which is better against large areas but ineffective against hardened targets. The ground destruction of a surface detonation is signifgantly reduced in area of affect. The majority of radiation is gone by 2 weeks and it must also be kept in mind that with there being less nuclear weapons 5550 and Russia 6,257 with only 1588 nuclear weapons of Russia deployed on various launch methods well the US has 2021 warheads deployed. The likelihood of nuclear war is quite low and would not be as destructive as many people believe due to lower yields and with the reduction in nuclear weapons yield and numbers they would be used predomintally on military targets. I would also like to state that "MAD" is not a actual true doctrine and it was just a excuse for the Kennedy admin to cut civil defense nuclear bunker funding to fund the Vietnam war.
  • Like 1
  • STFU 1
5 hours ago, Connor S said:

That is a stupid argument because russia has put their nuclear weapons on alert already. They armed their program.

Right we have a huge air defense system that is supposed to disrupt nukes before they even hit the ground. 

Good luck shooting down a rocket from space 

I feel like a lot of people are drastically underestimating the power of nuclear warheaded ICBMs.  They don't just take out '4 sq km.'  That's complete destruction of the buildings.

People for wayyyyy further distances are going to die of the waking death, which is far more brutal a death than anyone could possibly imagine.  All of your DNA is broken, and your body cannot produce replacement cells.  It can take weeks to die from this as your skin and appendages begin just rotting and falling off.

The kill radius of immediately impact is farrrr larger than the destructive radius, and even those outside will likely die of mutations and cancers for decades to come.

Nukes are scary for a well deserved reason.  

It is apparent that half of the people here are just dead wrong.
I would recommend watching the videos I provide below to help broaden the horizon, and review public information as well.

https://liveuamap.com/
https://www.researchgate.net/publication/329934215_The_Russian_Way_of_War_Force_Structure_Tactics_and_Modernization_of_the_Russian_Ground_Forces

As for the nuke thing everyone is soooo scared about. The US has defense systems all over the WORLD to shoot down/disable nukes, including our navy and the air force. The mainland US would never get hit by a nuke unless every country shot them at us and even then its still unlikely.

It'll be okay everyone, just breathe. 
Remember all of this could have been avoided.