What's been up with APD Lethals lately?

APD's been lethaling constantly lately first wave, first engagement.  I haven't bothered submitting on anything because I'm not hip to APD rules and interpretations since some changes lately, and I might just be ignorant of new rules or interpretations of rules.  

There's been at least 6 times in the last week that apd just entered a situation and lethaled half the people and then tazed the other half.   Then a lot of the times they body camp the people they lethaled who have no bounty, just to process and strip their guns.  

1. Lethal force is authorized only when non-lethal force has failed or is inadequate to resolve the situation.
  2. Lethals are authorized temporarily:
    1. In Warzone, Cartels, Gang Base, and any Rebel Outpost. (This includes if/when the engagement moves out of the red zone)
    2. If there is 5 or less minutes of a server restart.
    3. Deputies/POs may be authorized to use lethal force by a Senior APD member during "Any Means Necessary."
    4. Tasers are inadequate to resolve the situation.
    5. If the suspect is on a roof that has no way to access or is only accessible by ladder.
    6. If fired upon without previous engagement, you may return fire with extreme care for the life and property of the APD.
    7. If the suspect is in a armed vehicle's gunner seat.
    8. SGT+ can utilize lethals during trial by combat (if part of the agreement made with the suspect).

1. Lethals are authorized for the entire situation:
    1. After 2 failed non-lethal attempts by an individual officer.
      1. If you have loaded lethals during a situation against a single group and another group joins that situation, lethals are still authorized against all opposing forces.
    2. If an officer is taken hostage or tased during an active engagement.
      1. Officers who have been neutralized by a ratio of 3:1 are considered hostages.
      2. Lethals may continue to be used after the officer has been rescued.
    3. When officers are outnumbered by a ratio of 3:1 (until death).
    4. Lethal force remains active regardless of server restart
      1. If lethals were loaded solely due to server restart happening in 5 minutes, then lethals must be unloaded after the restart.
    5. If the Ghosthawk/Armed Plane is guns-hot in the situation.

Sorry the numbers are fucked up. Had to copy paste.

Any of these criteria met? 

Edited by Iceman
  • Community Manager
18 minutes ago, anti said:

APD's been lethaling constantly lately first wave, first engagement.  I haven't bothered submitting on anything because I'm not hip to APD rules and interpretations since some changes lately, and I might just be ignorant of new rules or interpretations of rules.  

There's been at least 6 times in the last week that APD just entered a situation and lethaled half the people and then tased the other half.   Then a lot of the times they body camp the people they lethaled who have no bounty, just to process and strip their guns.  

The base rules regarding lethals have been around for years, we haven't changed internal policy nor the handbook. The last time they were touched was when I was a Lt. in 2020. You can probably find the criteria that activated lethals in your situation in the handbook chapter below. The APD is not forced to adhere to strictly using lethals nor tasers for a situation, they can mix and match as they please. Regardless of whether the person being revived has no bounty as you stated they still have a weapon and the APD may chose to wait until they're revived/respawned to make sure that it is lost. This is pretty much standard procedure for players lethaled that may have Tasers/Blackwater/High tier gear or have participated in a Federal Event.

https://wiki.olympus-entertainment.com/wiki/APD_Handbook#Chapter_II_-_Use_of_Force

• Like 1
  • Cringe 1
  • STFU 1

Upload it here at the very least so you can get help understanding whatever happened. Unless someone was bugged I very very rarely see someone with lethals fail lethal someone, and if that happens they admit they were wrong and resolve the situation through comp/epi/etc

• Like 3

A lot of them explained it away as a bug but I run with enough vigis to know the bug isn't nearly as common as they're making it out to be.

Sort if feels like they know about the bug and are just exhaling and blaming it on that.

Outnumbered 3:1 rule probably explains some of the situations I'm talking about.  I forgot about that one.

1 hour ago, anti said:

A lot of them explained it away as a bug but I run with enough vigis to know the bug isn't nearly as common as they're making it out to be.

Sort if feels like they know about the bug and are just exhaling and blaming it on that.

Outnumbered 3:1 rule probably explains some of the situations I'm talking about.  I forgot about that one.

You can always submit an IA so we can properly investigate if it was a lethal bug or not, however, I am not fully aware of how the taser scripts work but I would assume that us being able to choose whether we lethal or tase would probably be why our lethals would bug and why vigilantes wouldn't really have that issue that often. 

• Downvote 1
1 hour ago, anti said:

fairly certain the lethal bug is no where near as big of a problem when it comes down to vigis vs. cops. The cops can switch between lethals and tasers with a single button, a vigi cannot. It rarely happens on vigi, but it used to be decently frequent back in the day on cop.