Olympus Entertainment - Celebrating 10 Years! [$2k+ GIVEAWAY] ×
Special Promotion [FREE OLYMPUS+] ×

Should we make runs quicker, or make them pay more?

Make runs quicker and pay the same or make runs pay more per resource?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Make runs quicker and pay the same or make runs pay more per resource?

• Make them process quicker
    • Make them sell for more
    • Leave them as is.

I was pushing for more pay per resource, some people saying faster processing speed.  I'm just gauging opinions to make sure I'm in step with the civs  I'm representing.

** I have absolutely no authority over this matter, just present ideas **

• Like 1
48 minutes ago, Kamikaze said:

Buff illegal runs. Legal runs are insanely good atm, needs to be more incentive to do illegal runs as they aren't done anymore and as it contributes a major factor into cop content its kind of needed.

Nice profile picture brother

• Like 1
  • Senior Admin

Main issue what I currently see with runs is that there is practically 0 reason to do a Illegal run over a legal run as the amount more that you get for doing a illegal run doesn't make it worth the risk to get robbed or rolled up on by the APD whilst with a legal run you have much less risk of getting robbed or touched by the APD. IMO illegal runs needs a significant time reduction to how long they take especially on the larger end of runs which can take upto a hour or more.

• Like 5
  • STFU 1
14 minutes ago, Masoooooooooon said:

Main issue what I currently see with runs is that there is practically 0 reason to do a Illegal run over a legal run as the amount more that you get for doing a illegal run doesn't make it worth the risk to get robbed or rolled up on by the APD whilst with a legal run you have much less risk of getting robbed or touched by the APD. IMO illegal runs needs a significant time reduction to how long they take especially on the larger end of runs which can take upto a hour or more.

I log into cop a few mornings now and then, EU times so roughly 40 pop
I'll literally check every illegal pro, there's nobody, they all do legal runs cause legal runs are just so good compared to illegal.

Legal runs are cool, i really like that civs have alternate runs that they can do (granted to sell them at full potential you need WPL, which gives less gear).

I think a hard buff on illegal run sales and keep legal runs as they are would improve the Rebel/Civ/Vigi/Cop Ratio

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Eazy said:

I log into cop a few mornings now and then, EU times so roughly 40 pop
I'll literally check every illegal pro, there's nobody, they all do legal runs cause legal runs are just so good compared to illegal.

Legal runs are cool, i really like that civs have alternate runs that they can do (granted to sell them at full potential you need WPL, which gives less gear).

I think a hard buff on illegal run sales and keep legal runs as they are would improve the Rebel/Civ/Vigi/Cop Ratio

This right here.

Legal runs are absolutely ridiculous. I see groups of rebels doing SILVER because it's better than illegal runs, and you can even boost your already large profits with the WPL.
No wonder we get massive stacks of cops whenever someone does an federal event, they've been checking empty illegal zones for hours on the EU side.

Processing faster is absolutely not the move, you want /more/ interaction in those zones if possible. I also think you make a staggering amount of money from just one day of runs anyway, legal runs need to be toned down and a small buff to illegal runs at best. (And relocation of some of the more expensive illegal runs wouldn't go amiss, moonshine gets checked once per restart by a corporal in a heli, and is a giant money printer for the big gang alliance in the south.)

• Like 2

I dont necessarily think a buff in processing time is the right move due to the tools already in place (the ability to process your whole vehicle in one go).

The problem seems to mainly stem from the fact that legal runs aren't that far off from Illegal runs profit wise with WAY less risk, a more reasonable route could be to increase the price of ALL illegal runs to where the reward outweighs the risk as again, in its current state legal runs are just safer and easier money in comparison.

I also dont think nerfing legal runs profit wise is the right move (besides a few exceptions).

One could also do a little revamp of locations, make Legal runs a little less of a "straight drive" whilst also making illegal runs not necessarily a shorter drive but a easier one. (Meth being a prime example of a discouraging drive)

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Lucien said:

Making them sell for more but process at the same speed would likely be the best improvement to increase player interaction as people would be at the zone longer than the opposite scenario.

Such a great point Lucien. This especially applies to illegal runs where time for the APD to spot and catch you is an essential part of the Civ/Cop balance. Greater profits of illegal goods incentivizes civilians to do drug runs and makes the server more interesting for the cops as well. I believe that legal runs should still be viable, but the difference between illegal and legal needs to be greater. I lean towards greatly buffing illegal runs rather than nerfing legal and slightly buffing illegal. If you want a major difference you need a major change.

• Like 1

My idea for the price increase was 30% for illegal runs and 20% for legal runs (excluding alloy).  Thoughts?

• Like 1
  • Hmm 1
  • Downvote 2

I do tend to side with the price increase more than processing speed for the same reason others have stated.  Most of the entire point of getting illegals going again is to encourage more APD fighting.   Players can always just do smaller runs and make more from it if they don't want to go as hard on the timer.  It balances out with options.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, anti said:

I do tend to side with the price increase more than processing speed for the same reason others have stated.  Most of the entire point of getting illegals going again is to encourage more APD fighting.   Players can always just do smaller runs and make more from it if they don't want to go as hard on the timer.  It balances out with options.

smart indeed

3 hours ago, anti said:

My idea for the price increase was 30% for illegal runs and 20% for legal runs (excluding alloy).  Thoughts?

Did you mean a 20% decrease for legal? They’re already too good for what they are. 

3 hours ago, anti said:

I'm opposed to doing any buffs toward legal runs as they are in the best state they have ever been in with DP missions and alloy topping the charts for money made consistently. There should be a 15-20% buff on price towards illegal runs as its counter productive to increase speed but yet decrease the rate the APD can check red zones. 

• Like 2
58 minutes ago, jasper_ said:

Did you mean a 20% decrease for legal? They’re already too good for what they are. 

Buffed less than legal.  Everything should be making more in my opinion, the the 10% difference would be more significant than you would think.

This game has been out a long time.  And the natural course of games when they age to keep them entertaining is to curb the grind up and just let people do their thing.  There would be inflation among the blackwater gear and vehicles, but who cares?  Honestly?  It would balance out.  Instead of nerfing runs, we should just be buffing everything to be doable, while favoring illegal runs with the advantage and increasing that advantage to push for more fights.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, anti said:

Buffed less than legal.  Everything should be making more in my opinion, the the 10% difference would be more significant than you would think.

This game has been out a long time.  And the natural course of games when they age to keep them entertaining is to curb the grind up and just let people do their thing.  There would be inflation among the blackwater gear and vehicles, but who cares?  Honestly?  It would balance out.  Instead of nerfing runs, we should just be buffing everything to be doable, while favoring illegal runs with the advantage and increasing that advantage to push for more fights.

maybe just add more of a bonus to the wpl license instead of just adding it too the base prices

12 hours ago, anti said:

Wouldn't that 20% be higher than the 30% if you factor wpl?

20% would have to be after the WPL factored in.  Just a rough number, but yeah very good point.

• 2 weeks later...