Combat Medic

Combat Medic  

74 members have voted

1. 1. How would you guys feel about having a form of combat medic?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/06/23 at 07:09 AM

• Admin

This does seem like a interesting idea. Who would have access to the "Combat Medic" position and is it something someone has to be promoted/appointed for?

I like the idea but obviously every medic should not have a tazer.

• Like 1
  • Admin
2 hours ago, Marcus said:

I would like it to be a new rank in between search and rescue and para. They are still medic can revive and give dopamine but they will be wearing a medical fatigues and vest and have a weapon to show they are of that rank.

If this were the case no one would have it who plays anyway and the average medic player cant handle PDW recoil so im all for the opportunity to shoot a medic 😄 

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, Noble said:

If this were the case no one would have it who plays anyway and the average medic player cant handle PDW recoil so im all for the opportunity to shoot a medic 😄 

An opportunity to shoot a medic does sound interesting...

...please dont shoot me man

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Marcus said:

Here is how a Combat Medic would function.  The Medic would arrive on scene and try to begin medical services like normal once a rebel engages the medic the medic can detain the rebel using his government issued taser and restrain the rebel and can then continue with providing medical services.  Once the player has been revived the medic would then take the detained player back to the hospital and release them to go about their business.  With that being said say for example that people doing a diamond run defended their run and the Combat Medic arrives that medic can then talk with the rebel check the vehicles reg and see if they were telling the truth and if so the denial would stand and the medic will leave.

this is a rough draft of the idea and will continue to be refined over time.

This definitely couldn't be abused. Big brain idea - I support it wholeheartedly. 

• Like 2
  • Director of R&R
15 minutes ago, Rufus said:

This definitely couldn't be abused. Big brain idea - I support it wholeheartedly. 

That was a example if you have further questions ask them im here to answer them.

6 minutes ago, Marcus said:

That was a example if you have further questions ask them im here to answer them.

A lot of medics are bias in combat situations. They'll always help out their own gang or people they're friendly with and it can effect the outcome of fights. Give these people tasers and it's even worse. People have proven time and time again that they'll abuse anything they can.

You can say that the medics who are bias can be reported/punished etc but it's hard to prove.

• Like 1
  • Director of R&R
Just now, Rufus said:

A lot of medics are bias in combat situations. They'll always help out their own gang or people they're friendly with and it can effect the outcome of fights. Give these people tasers and it's even worse. People have proven time and time again that they'll abuse anything they can.

You can say that the medics who are bias can be reported/punished etc but it's hard to prove.

People who are allowed to use this will have to have played medic for quite some time. An EMT - Advanced Paramedic will not be eligible for the new rank it will also be a bit more difficult to get into for the reasons you say and because I dont want people who are not experienced as a normal medic to jump right in for combat medic.  There will most likely be a merit system in place and a few other things that someone will need to have in order to become a combat medic.  There will also be rules on what they can and cannot do so that things like if the combat medic is taken hostage they will not be allow to use there weapon to aid the rebels in anyway they will function as a standard medic until there time is up and have to be let go or is killed while assisting Rebels.  So people who would get the rank are held to a higher standard and not just anyone will be getting into the rank.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Marcus said:

People who are allowed to use this will have to have played medic for quite some time. An EMT - Advanced Paramedic will not be eligible for the new rank it will also be a bit more difficult to get into for the reasons you say and because I dont want people who are not experienced as a normal medic to jump right in for combat medic.  There will most likely be a merit system in place and a few other things that someone will need to have in order to become a combat medic.  There will also be rules on what they can and cannot do so that things like if the combat medic is taken hostage they will not be allow to use there weapon to aid the rebels in anyway they will function as a standard medic until there time is up and have to be let go or is killed while assisting Rebels.  So people who would get the rank are held to a higher standard and not just anyone will be getting into the rank.

There are things in place now to stop medics being bias and it still happens. There are current and ex Search and Resuce and above who I've experienced being biased. It's not even always conscious bias that can cause it (supporting gang/friends etc), it's also unconscious bias because of past situations. You see this with APD, too. 

You choose to play the "pacifist" faction, I don't see the need to arm medics. If you feel the need to have weapons, work with APD to create a more symbiotic relationship. 

• Like 1
  • Director of R&R
9 minutes ago, Rufus said:

There are things in place now to stop medics being bias and it still happens. There are current and ex Search and Resuce and above who I've experienced being biased. It's not even always conscious bias that can cause it (supporting gang/friends etc), it's also unconscious bias because of past situations. You see this with APD, too. 

You choose to play the "pacifist" faction, I don't see the need to arm medics. If you feel the need to have weapons, work with APD to create a more symbiotic relationship. 

I understand what your saying but if we continue to let the actions of the few hurt the people who are doing this correctly then we will never see new things added. In general people are biased and there is nothing that will change that that’s human nature now if it’s clear bias then report them and it will be handled but the majority of medics play correctly.  Now we are a neutral faction that is correct and we still would be if this idea were to be implemented. I have rules written down and everything so that it would still be fair for all parties involved.  The combat medics will not be going around just tasing anyone they want and they will not be allowed to use the weapon if taken hostage.  I appreciate your feedback as it help with the development of the idea.

9 hours ago, Marcus said:

With that being said say for example that people doing a diamond run defended their run and the Combat Medic arrives that medic can then talk with the rebel check the vehicles reg and see if they were telling the truth and if so the denial would stand and the medic will leave.

This second half makes absolutely no sense. 

what if the civ your reviving decides to try and rob the guy you “detained”

Do you still have to value your life as a medic if you have a gun now? Cuz if not how are civilians supposed to take medics hostage? If they do still have to value their lives, what times can they shoot a guy and when can they not… When could they not value their lives?

What if there are other civilians that are warred with the guy you brought back to hospital? You gonna unrestrain him and just let him die? What if someone steals your detained person?

Are you really gonna have to bring the mans all the way back to a hospital before releasing him? Wasting your time and their time. You could be getting other revives and he could be doing a run or fighting people.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Millennium said:

Do you still have to value your life as a medic if you have a gun now? Cuz if not how are civilians supposed to take medics hostage? If they do still have to value their lives, what times can they shoot a guy and when can they not… When could they not value their lives?

This is exactly what I have concerns about. From my understanding having the taser would be for defense. This means any threat such as hands up or die, leave or die, etc. would all give the combat medic the opportunity to engage. No one who plays arma is going to willingly put their hands up if they have a gun. It is always shoot and ask questions later. Even if it is said that you have to be in a safe spot in order to use the weapon it comes down to if you die you weren't safe enough. It'll basically come down to having to 3:1 a medic because you can't just tell them to fuck off. You bring a cop or civ mentality to a faction that is supposed to be neutral. 

I still really like the idea but I don't think it will work out how it is planned. 😞  

• Like 1
  • Director of R&R
7 hours ago, Millennium said:

This second half makes absolutely no sense. 

what if the civ your reviving decides to try and rob the guy you “detained”

What if there are other civilians that are warred with the guy you brought back to hospital? You gonna unrestrain him and just let him die? What if someone steals your detained person?

Are you really gonna have to bring the mans all the way back to a hospital before releasing him? Wasting your time and their time. You could be getting other revives and he could be doing a run or fighting people.

Lets answer some of your questions here.  The civ we revive after detaining the other person would not be able to rob that person as that would be scuffed once the operation is completed meaning the player was picked up the medics will leave the area and return to the hospital and let the guy go.  No one lost anything no one is going to jail.  Now once released there is nothing stopping that person from going right back and trying to kill/rob that player again as they wont have NLR because they did not die.  These medics are not allowed to engage on anyone and operate solely for the purpose of reviving the downed player they cannot chase anyone down or anything like that and will almost always be at a disadvantage when engaged on.  Once the person was revived they leave the area and move on after the detained person(s) was dropped off at a hospital.  If a combat medic is to be taken hostage they would need to be 3:1 and once that is done they will function as a normal medic and will not be allowed to use their weapon for any reason while hostage.  If for some reason someone is camping a hospital and kills the guy we detained then once the person request medic the combat medic will try to get them if successful the other person would be taken to a different hospital to prevent a loop and let go from there.  That situation may not occur as often as you may think but if it does they operate in the same way.  To answer your last question yes as that will be the best way to keep it fair to everyone involved as say tasing them  then getting someone up would put that person in a disadvantage because they are tased on the ground and can be killed but the guy who just got up wouldn't be wasting anyone's time and no one lost anything in that situation the detained player can continue on with what they were doing after being let go.  NVL  would not be there entirely for combat medic because if they are engaged in they can defend themselves but say you tell them to leave or die and they start leaving and stops a little ways away and begin shooting back that would not be ok and in such situation would NVL/Failed RP. If you have any other questions I will be happy to answer them. 🙂

• Downvote 1

truthfully marcus its a cool idea but implementing it seems way too hard, essentially adding another faction onto the server. Im not opposed to the idea if it can be implemented correctly but i feel like thats a hard line to walk.

• Like 1
20 hours ago, Marcus said:

Here is how a Combat Medic would function.  The Medic would arrive on scene and try to begin medical services like normal once a rebel engages the medic the medic can detain the rebel using his government issued taser and restrain the rebel and can then continue with providing medical services.  Once the player has been revived the medic would then take the detained player back to the hospital and release them to go about their business.  With that being said say for example that people doing a diamond run defended their run and the Combat Medic arrives that medic can then talk with the rebel check the vehicles reg and see if they were telling the truth and if so the denial would stand and the medic will leave.

this is a rough draft of the idea and will continue to be refined over time.

For this to even happen, Combat medic would need something like a sting or a spar. There no way a po7 would work. But again the risk of dying would be Not Value of life. Will this be change also for Combat medic rank?

• Like 1
2 hours ago, katel said:

This is exactly what I have concerns about. From my understanding having the taser would be for defense. This means any threat such as hands up or die, leave or die, etc. would all give the combat medic the opportunity to engage. No one who plays arma is going to willingly put their hands up if they have a gun. It is always shoot and ask questions later. Even if it is said that you have to be in a safe spot in order to use the weapon it comes down to if you die you weren't safe enough. It'll basically come down to having to 3:1 a medic because you can't just tell them to fuck off. You bring a cop or civ mentality to a faction that is supposed to be neutral. 

I still really like the idea but I don't think it will work out how it is planned. 😞  

https://imgur.com/a/jXqfb8i

Neutral doesn't mean pacifist. 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, i strangle geese said:

truthfully marcus its a cool idea but implementing it seems way too hard, essentially adding another faction onto the server. Im not opposed to the idea if it can be implemented correctly but i feel like thats a hard line to walk.

Might as well add a totally different faction

• Haha 1
  • Director of R&R
10 minutes ago, WavyTy said:

@ Marcus im for the idea but would they be governed by the same rules? Could said medic be robbed for the taser? 
would another test be required? Or just a TaG thing? 

We are still working out the details but there would be another test before getting the role this would not be something that would be handed out to just anyone and will be monitored carefully if implemented.  Not 100% sure on the robbing as the medics would always be at a disadvantage when trying to provide medical assistance so robbing is still being debated.

20 hours ago, Noble said:

Crap it's almost like nobles figured out that I'm garbage at combat LOL

• Haha 1

The only answer to this is that it depends on how it's implemented. If you're creative and come up with something that makes sense, so be it. I bet a large majority are open to it (even some of those that voted no), just depends on how it works.

• Like 1
  • Director of R&R

The purpose of this poll was to see what others think about the idea of a combat medic.  I am working on it  as i see more positives then negatives and i will be sending it to staff soon so it can be discussed.