Giveaway Update + New Price Match & Free Oly+ ×

mako killing olympus

3 hours ago, Donn said:

y'all say its not game breaking then continue to wipe 20+ people with hundreds of hours put into this server for example gunit had like 15 AT vehicles and countless tasers and shit he had accumulated for years and everything gone in a split moment. corny ass get outta my game

Have you ever heard the term "fuck around and find out"? You don't own anything on this server. When you play the game you agree to abide by Olympus' rules, one of which permits staff to remove money/items from your account, even if it wasn't expressly stated, again, you don't own anything on the server, you're granted a licence to use the items in-game sure but that licence is 100% revocable. 

3 hours ago, Sweet Lou said:

keep your mouth shut retard you dont even know me, stay in your own lane dumbass

Surprised you can see your keyboard typing through these tears

3 hours ago, Noble said:

same logic as a Toyota being blamed because some retard took his Prius 90MPH off a cliff and it didn't hold up
Or Blaming a plumber because instead of calling him when your toilet wouldn't flush you sat there and dropped log after log till your bathroom was a pile of shit
or a chef because instead of eating meat you KNOW isn't cooked to your liking you sat there and ate it like a moron when you could have asked it to be cooked more
or a grocery store because you took home fresh fruit let it rot in your room for 4 months and ate it!

jan-hjelm.gif

Increasingly common Noble W?

3 hours ago, Donn said:

I’d say it’s more like finding $1000 on the ground and handing it in saying you’re the good guy when you could be rewarded $1000 by just putting it in your pocket. It ain’t my problem you dropped the money 

Society exists because there is a common agreement to do right by each other. In a moral society, knowing that the $1000 belongs to someone else, dishonestly taking that money intending to permanently deprive the person of it would be classed as immoral and would hopefully be prohibited by law. It's not other people's fault you're a piece of shit.

3 hours ago, Toretto said:

Well unfortunately in this case the $1,000 you picked up is logged and traceable 😞

@ Donn has resigned after that comment 😞 

2 hours ago, Sweet Lou said:

we aint gotta talk bout how mako and zeroblade uses silent aim and the other more than half of the community just uses esp and other shit + the fact of anyone on cop knowing where everyones house is because they just check keys when they want. this is just a shit server in general that when simple shit comes across they dont take the time and actually fix it

I don't think mako uses silent aim, silent aim is so so easily detected even from just a visual spectating. Half of the community doesn't use ESP, I bet if pressed you'd say that nobody you ever played with used ESP. Government officials having the ability to "check key" i.e. verify ownership of a house is something they can do in real life.

2 hours ago, codeYeTi said:

Nor would anyone with half a brain let you, especially at this point. 🤣

He can't even change the formatting after copypasting something I don't think he's very good at computers...

2 hours ago, N9ne- said:

To preface, as someone who was banned for abusing the scrap bug and in my IRL career managing multiple development teams I have the below to say:

At the end of the day, we all knew that what we were doing was abusing an in-game mechanic that was not intended to be there. None of us reported the issue. As for the actual bug itself, did we figure it out in a matter of a few minutes when the update was released, sure, but when you are deploying thousands of lines of code, maintaining different branches, supporting ongoing production bugs, etc. these things get through (especially when it is not a full-time gig and just a passion project). Unfortunately, in this scenario the bug was a game breaking one that allowed users to gain a lot of in-game value in a short amount of time. 

Were the bans at the start a bit to harsh, I believe so. However, at the time staff was still unaware of how it was being done, what the scope of the issue was, etc. After the method was found out, and staff had time to review, to my knowledge all of the bans (except for a few still pending) have been adjusted accordingly (reduced from perms to on average of ~7 days + wipe). I do feel a bit bad for some of the players who have invested thousands of hours into the server and had earned 95% of their funds/equipment legitimately, as I do believe most of these guys are good dudes that made a mistake. 

In regards to some of the comments here (most giving me cancer and making no sense 👀 @ Sweet Lou ), I understand that a certain staff member is not very well liked in the community due to some of his actions/treatment of individuals outside of this specific incident. However, this is not the situation to be discussing your feelings towards said individual, he and the other staff handled the issue as they saw fit, and in the end, it is their community.  

A nice refreshingly sober response. I'm glad your ban was reduced. 

1 hour ago, Boovin said:

It still blows my mind that people dupe/exploit on this server and think they’re gonna get away with it, people always get caught and the punishments have always been harsh.

It’s less common now because most shit has been patched but all these forum posts claiming the punishment was harsh is embarrassing. You’re all just mad you got caught!!!

Exceedingly common Boovin W

1 hour ago, Clash said:

God thing we have mako keeping the economy up to date with all these dupers being banned 

Rare clash W

1 hour ago, Metro Boomin said:

All of this shows how addicted the waste management tumor squad really is. Has it even been a week since the bans? You freaks are just retard babbling on the forums 24/7.

Shaking like a crackhead jonesing for another hit on the pipe

• +1 1

Every year or so theres some bug that causes a duping exploit.  Every single time it happens, there's some group of people that say "They wouldn't dare ban all of us."  They always do.  Ya'll taking that bet when it's historically never once paid off just demonstrates the shitty gene pool your dad blasted into your mom for this to be the best and fastest sperm.  

• +1 1
4 minutes ago, The Sovereign said:

Every year or so theres some bug that causes a duping exploit.  Every single time it happens, there's some group of people that say "They wouldn't dare ban all of us."  They always do.  Ya'll taking that bet when it's historically never once paid off just demonstrates the shitty gene pool your dad blasted into your mom for this to be the best and fastest sperm.  

I'm out of reactions for the day but this is a CLASSIC and FREQUENT Sov W

• Love 1
  • Admin

You know what baffles me? Every time someone gets banned for a fuckup on their end, it’s immediately followed up by a forum post talking about how shit the server is.

I guess if you don’t care about the server then why even bother with this “ god awful shit community “ and posting all of these cries? 

Come on guys. If you don’t like it here anymore, go fuck about on another server. Yes things aren’t perfect and staff aren’t perfect but fuck me do people work hard around here for the absolute monetary amount of zero. 

Have a great day! 🙂 

• Like 2
  • Community Manager
3 minutes ago, Lucien said:

Yeah @ Mako it's not cool to text people to kill themselves!!!!!!

Wait wrong mako drama post my b

When they're unbanned they might be receiving some in-game texts too.

• Haha 4
  • STFU 1
3 hours ago, N9ne- said:

To preface, as someone who was banned for abusing the scrap bug and in my IRL career managing multiple development teams I have the below to say:

At the end of the day, we all knew that what we were doing was abusing an in-game mechanic that was not intended to be there. None of us reported the issue. As for the actual bug itself, did we figure it out in a matter of a few minutes when the update was released, sure, but when you are deploying thousands of lines of code, maintaining different branches, supporting ongoing production bugs, etc. these things get through (especially when it is not a full-time gig and just a passion project). Unfortunately, in this scenario the bug was a game breaking one that allowed users to gain a lot of in-game value in a short amount of time. 

Were the bans at the start a bit to harsh, I believe so. However, at the time staff was still unaware of how it was being done, what the scope of the issue was, etc. After the method was found out, and staff had time to review, to my knowledge all of the bans (except for a few still pending) have been adjusted accordingly (reduced from perms to on average of ~7 days + wipe). I do feel a bit bad for some of the players who have invested thousands of hours into the server and had earned 95% of their funds/equipment legitimately, as I do believe most of these guys are good dudes that made a mistake. 

In regards to some of the comments here (most giving me cancer and making no sense 👀 @ Sweet Lou ), I understand that a certain staff member is not very well liked in the community due to some of his actions/treatment of individuals outside of this specific incident. However, this is not the situation to be discussing your feelings towards said individual, he and the other staff handled the issue as they saw fit, and in the end, it is their community.  

This 100%. It's simple! Next time you find something that seems game breaking (I would argue $10,000,000 every 30min qualifies), go ahead and report it. Even if it doesn't seem like a bug, it might be something that needs to be nerfed.

As for the main point of this thread that these bans will "kill olympus" and posting those BM stats to prove it, youre failing to mention that arma was $5 last month for the spring sale. The drop in players was going to happen with or without the bans.

4 hours ago, Sweet Lou said:

bro idek what your on about its a server update that the devs did not test enough, but on the other note

we aint gotta talk bout how mako and zeroblade uses silent aim and the other more than half of the community just uses esp and other shit + the fact of anyone on cop knowing where everyones house is because they just check keys when they want. this is just a shit server in general that when simple shit comes across they dont take the time and actually fix it

I big cheater yes

• +1 1
  • Haha 1
4 hours ago, Sweet Lou said:

bruh you are so brainded

6 hours ago, Fraali said:

The fact that a "new" EU server just popped up, along with various other bugs that are currently happening, this is to be expected.

Regardless, Mako didn't drop our player base, and even though he was the banning staff member, every other staff member would have done relatively  the same. The players who abused a bug to dupe did. Although the bug is due to an oversight on development/testing part, it's not like anyone thought to, y'know, report it instead of abusing it and then crying when they get banned.

Not many people really seem to realize how much time Mako and the rest of us actually dedicate to this server to improve it, and as we don't actually get paid more than peanuts on the hour, it's not like we have any actual obligation to be here or even help you out.  We try to keep things as equal among as many players as we can, but it gets hard when people cheat, exploit, and lie to get what they want

If you don't want to be here, that's on you. Don't cry at us because other people tried to get one over on us.

When you build a community based around mistrust, dishonesty and corruption along with a gamemode that involves 'robbing other people' and where 'scamming is allowed' you can't expect the best (reporting of a bug) out of everybody 'no honor among thieves' I mean just look at makos profile banner I think he describes the community perfectly. Now in terms of dedication and work I think you guys do a kickass job at running a server with very little thanks in return. Uhh I don't really have a point to make here and I gotta poop so yeah.

• Haha 1
21 minutes ago, Sweet Lou said:

image.png

image.png

BRO i even asked to stay permed and instead i get a 5 day and no restrictions 

this was after the 2 days they were talking about what to do with everyone

If all these bozos think I’m coming on here to read their paragraphs of their retardation you got me fucked up 

• Haha 1
  • Head Admin
53 minutes ago, Sweet Lou said:

image.png

image.png

Your name doesn't track well. I recommend one of the following.

1 Special Lou

2 Short Bus Lou

3 Angry Lou

4 Daddy Should Have Pulled Out Lou

5 Steve

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 8
  • PogChamp 1
7 minutes ago, Grandma Gary said:

1 Special Lou

2 Short Bus Lou

3 Angry Lou

5 Steve

Grandma Savage 😳

54 minutes ago, Grandma Gary said:

1 Special Lou

2 Short Bus Lou

3 Angry Lou

5 Steve

i should’ve tried that on my perm a while back fuck sake

Missed the opportunity for yellow bus lou

2 hours ago, Sweet Lou said:

image.png

image.png