APD/Medic Relations?

Genuine curiosity here. When did the APD and Medics start to butt heads and not really work together as much? 

Ive been on medic all night tonight and any interaction with APD has been IMO Hostile. "Leave or die" "Leave or be shot" "Get out of here Medic"

No sense of any RP behind it. Why not be like "Oh Hey medic, Got a situation here need you to leave the area"

Even as a hostage tonight, After hitting my panic button and being rescued... It took the officer 3 time to realize I was trying to RP with him too. "Hey look I am chained to the post" The response was "get out of here". after finally he just shot the post I left.

Look I know its not regarded as a full on RP server anymore.. But you could put a little thought into the situations sometimes... Especially if its clear.

or maybe I am too old for this shit people just want 0 effort pew pew "W" chasing mentalities.

• Like 9
  • Love 1
  • +1 1
  • Downvote 1
1 hour ago, HamOfMoose said:

or maybe I am too old for this shit people just want 0 effort pew pew "W" chasing mentalities.

This

1 hour ago, HamOfMoose said:

Look I know its not regarded as a full on RP server anymore.. But you could put a little thought into the situations sometimes... Especially if its clear.

Its wasteland with rules, 0 rp outside of rare occasions. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I agree with this the cooperation is often one sided or doesn’t exist at all. It’s more like we are begrudgingly obliged to work together rather than seen as two emergency services that should want to work together.

I’ve seen cops aggressively deny medics from a huge region of the map with innocent people dead who have nothing to do with a situation rather than deny specific people.

I’ve also seen medics sneak reviving people during active fights with APD, because they “weren’t denied,” which will equally piss them off.

In my opinion if you’ve got no interest in RP you should absolutely not be playing a whitelisted faction. Nobody forced you to apply for APD/RNR. There’s multiple outstanding members in both factions but unfortunately the bare minimum “battle royale with rules” type players are the ones who leave the lasting impressions

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Admin

It’s been a constant issue even since I was a rnr supervisor in like 2016. We (staff at the time) even at one point implemented a side chat that was dedicated to apd and rnr so they could coordinate better and clean up those issues. Made it 1000x worse and cops just berated medics the entire time. We worked on making sure everyone was respectful but most people only play for combat and money, so there won’t be effort to role play situations out. 

On the flip side, since I’ve been back I’ve noticed more medics are what cops used to be to medics. Just straight dicks to cops and showing a clear bias to tell them to fuck off anytime they can. Wouldn’t doubt it’s because they’ve been harassed by cops before tho. Just an observation I’ve made. Granted, @ Marcus handled the one situation I witnessed of a medic doing that relatively quick. So that was nice to see. 

• Like 3
  • Developer II
15 hours ago, Dante said:

It’s been a constant issue even since I was a rnr supervisor in like 2016. We (staff at the time) even at one point implemented a side chat that was dedicated to apd and rnr so they could coordinate better and clean up those issues. Made it 1000x worse and cops just berated medics the entire time. We worked on making sure everyone was respectful but most people only play for combat and money, so there won’t be effort to role play situations out. 

On the flip side, since I’ve been back I’ve noticed more medics are what cops used to be to medics. Just straight dicks to cops and showing a clear bias to tell them to fuck off anytime they can. Wouldn’t doubt it’s because they’ve been harassed by cops before tho. Just an observation I’ve made. Granted, @ Marcus handled the one situation I witnessed of a medic doing that relatively quick. So that was nice to see. 

I can't speak to APD/RNR relations back in 2016 as I wasn't super involved in either community back then but I can speak to the problems now.

I feel like every time I hop on cop there is always some sort of RNR aggression. The other day I heard something along the lines of "these medic retards better fuck off and not come near here". I'll ocasionally here it vice versa too (RNR slandering APD), although I would say it's usally not as frequent and to a way lesser degree. As someone who plays a lot of both factions and has plenty of friends on each; it just kinda sucks to hear how each faction tends to treat one another sometimes 😕