Before I even get started I'm not sure if this is in the right Topic Area and I'm not sure if anyone is going to agree with what I'm about to say but, let me know what yall think because, I feel like throwing out this rant or whatever you want to call it. Thanks 🙂

Im going to be honest im not sure how to start this topic because, there's a lot of different things I want to cover so im just going to begin and hopefully it all makes sense. 

APD Section - 
Lately we have been doing a TON of federal events and ive seen a lot of people getting very upset with them. I think everyone just needs to take a breather before you start fighting at one of these events because, yall be going crazy at some of them lmao. Don't get me wrong I get upset here and there as well it happens. I know we don't like getting 1 tapped or getting an RPG to the front of a hunter. With that being said when you become a cop you need to understand we are going to get shit on a lot! it happens and there's very few things we can do to change that. I want to cover a rule that was recently updated. The 10 - 10 rule. This basically states if there are 10 or less cops on and there is less then 10 min on the timer  then a CPL + can auth. lethals for POs and Deps. There is an exception to this it also says YOU MUST BE OUTNUMBERED OR OUTGUNNED. So lets say theres 8 Civs on and there are 9 cops and the cops are not gaining any ground on the Fed then if you meet the 10-10 rule then POs and Deps could get there lethals turned on. Im just tired of hearing the same excuse by some higher ups, "Well I dont want to put my rank on it" GUYS AND GALS If you are a CPL + and we are meeting the standard then give the LETHALS! Why are you scared about your rank? The rules are VERY Clear in this instance. I understand people do not want to lose there ranks but, the only time we can have a chance at winning is if we work together and use the tools provided to us. Next I want to touch point on the rage quitting. Cops lose 1 Fed or a Bank and they get pissed and log off. Yall just childish at that point im not saying stay on all day but if you just get on and you fight for 20min and lose don't just get off because, you lost 1 fight stay on and play with your friends have some fun! Most of the time I REALLY ENJOY playing cop and I hope we can just come together a little more and make the small change and have a bit more fun! 

Civ Section - 
Hello my little civilian friends out there yall have been doing a lot of Federal events lately as I mentioned above. A few things that I hear from cops often are some little rule breaks that happen here and there. There is a lot of backpacking that happens and yall can say you never backpack but, IT HAPPENS. All I ask if yall are going to do these events for money or a big fight please just follow rules. I know yall are sometimes outnumbered but, most of the time yall shit on APD it is what it is. If APD does a Armored run guess what yall got RPGs use them. If APD auth lethals for POs and Deps then fight back its the same thing. I don't see why people get butt hurt when APD starts using there resources. Theres also been instances infront of staff members of people just running up to a civ in restraints and shooting them. Guys it isnt fair to APD to just shoot your friend in the face when it isnt cross fire. Either make it look like cross fire or kill the cop and lockpick your friend out. 

Recap - 
The main reason for this post is I just want to have some fun like old oly days. I also feel like people need to start following the rules a bit better and not get away with everything. Im not trying to target anyone on this post I just felt like things needed to be said and I dont mind typing it out. Tell me what everyone thinks and I understand if you do not agree with me or if this post does not make a bunch of sense sorry haha. Anyways thanks for reading it all and have a great day! 

• Like 13

Too many staff too involved with the big gangs.

Way to many staff on sAPD.

Cops getting dealt with on IAs not player reports.

Get rid of proportional response at feds.

Server way better when all this wasn't going on. I love doing things on the server just for it to end up in a support screaming match!!!!! 🙂

• Like 7
  • Love 1
  • +1 1
  • Haha 1
46 minutes ago, Jelly Donut said:

Next I want to touch point on the rage quitting. Cops lose 1 Fed or a Bank and they get pissed and log off. Yall just childish

I disagree. It's not childish. Some people have different preferences Jelly. I actually like to go bust civs and actually let them RP out of situations or have some fun with that. I disdain going back and forth between Fed Reserve and Blackwater because it's just frustrating and boring. When Aegis and/or Gulan is going back and forth between the two to the point where I can't do anything else, I'm just going to get off. I didn't apply to be a cop to combat feds majority of the time I'm on.

With that said, I think a viable solution is a cooldown of one hour between federal events (reserve, jail, evidence, blackwater), starting from the moment the vault is fixed or bomb defused.

Edited by Todd Dinger
Clarify what I mean by federal events
  • Like 7
  • +1 1
  • Downvote 4
  • STFU 1
Just now, Todd Dinger said:

I disagree. It's not childish. Some people have different preferences Jelly. I actually like to go bust civs and actually let them RP out of situations or have some fun with that. I disdain going back and forth between Fed Reserve and Blackwater because it's just frustrating and boring. When Aegis and/or Gulan is going back and forth between the two to the point where I can't do anything else, I'm just going to get off. I didn't apply to be a cop to combat feds majority of the time I'm on.

That's fair. I misspoken a bit then. I'm not saying all you should do when on cop is go between fed and blackwater I know it happens a lot and its an issue and I do believe there needs to be a cooldown after a Fed/BW is fixed there should be about a 30minute cooldown before another is started. What I'm talking about is when a cop gets on mid fight and a Federal event and die a few times then we clean it up and they just log because, there scared of another Fed/BW happening I feel like maybe they can take 15-25 min and patrol around. UNTIL any change is done though this is how cop is there are going to be lots of Federal events and I feel like if you don't want to do them don't log on until a change is made. Thats something sAPD needs to discuss about maybe putting a cooldown in-between federal events 

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, Jelly Donut said:

Im just tired of hearing the same excuse by some higher ups, "Well I dont want to put my rank on it" GUYS AND GALS If you are a CPL + and we are meeting the standard then give the LETHALS! Why are you scared about your rank? The rules are VERY Clear in this instance. I understand people do not want to lose there ranks but, the only time we can have a chance at winning is if we work together and use the tools provided to us

The reason this is a mindset is there is a group of people who have a mission to see people get removed from APD. It's not worth playing APD for long periods of time when those people are online. While the rules may seem very clear from the outside, APD handbook has a lot of "grey areas" and therefore is up for interpretation on a lot of things. The issue of proportionality is always going to be debated. There is always going to be people who JUST think proportionality is APD numbers vs civ numbers, which is not the way it needs to be looked at as there is other factors to be considered.

• Like 1
  • +1 1
Just now, JDC said:

The reason this is a mindset is there is a group of people who have a mission to see people get removed from APD. It's not worth playing APD for long periods of time when those people are online. While the rules may seem very clear from the outside, APD handbook has a lot of "grey areas" and therefore is up for interpretation on a lot of things. The issue of proportionality is always going to be debated. There is always going to be people who JUST think proportionality is APD numbers vs civ numbers, which is not the way it needs to be looked at as there is other factors to be considered.

In this case then I believe things need to be brought up in meeting. If theres so many grey rules then they need to be cut out. The rules need to be CLEAR to everyone that plays the server If there a civ or cop. Ive seen it im not saying people arent out to get peoples ranks but, we cant be scared either in situations like that. This is also why admins shouldnt be getting in the way of Civ vs Cops. Some civs and cops think they can do as they please when there playing with staff and for the most part they get away with it. So I think that needs to be changed as well! 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, JDC said:

Good thing we have non biased active chief @ Winters (makos puppet)!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Skull 3
  • Haha 1
Just now, Jelly Donut said:

In this case then I believe things need to be brought up in meeting. If theres so many grey rules then they need to be cut out. The rules need to be CLEAR to everyone that plays the server If there a civ or cop. Ive seen it im not saying people arent out to get peoples ranks but, we cant be scared either in situations like that. This is also why admins shouldnt be getting in the way of Civ vs Cops. Some civs and cops think they can do as they please when there playing with staff and for the most part they get away with it. So I think that needs to be changed as well! 

It's not that the rules are grey, it's that some stuff is simply not covered in the handbook. You could say to include those grey areas in the handbook, but the handbook would then be VERY and I need to emphasize VERY VERY long.  

As for the people going for ranks comment, it's not that people are scared. It's the fact that the people go out of their way to get people removed. 

I would rather not walk on eggshells while playing a video game.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, JDC said:

It's not that the rules are grey, it's that some stuff is simply not covered in the handbook. You could say to include those grey areas in the handbook, but the handbook would then be VERY and I need to emphasize VERY VERY long.  

As for the people going for ranks comment, it's not that people are scared. It's the fact that the people go out of their way to get people removed. 

I would rather not walk on eggshells while playing a video game.

Fair enough and I appreciate you explaining it for me 

1 hour ago, Jelly Donut said:

Before I even get started I'm not sure if this is in the right Topic Area and I'm not sure if anyone is going to agree with what I'm about to say but, let me know what yall think because, I feel like throwing out this rant or whatever you want to call it. Thanks 🙂

Im going to be honest im not sure how to start this topic because, there's a lot of different things I want to cover so im just going to begin and hopefully it all makes sense. 

APD Section - 
Lately we have been doing a TON of federal events and ive seen a lot of people getting very upset with them. I think everyone just needs to take a breather before you start fighting at one of these events because, yall be going crazy at some of them lmao. Don't get me wrong I get upset here and there as well it happens. I know we don't like getting 1 tapped or getting an RPG to the front of a hunter. With that being said when you become a cop you need to understand we are going to get shit on a lot! it happens and there's very few things we can do to change that. I want to cover a rule that was recently updated. The 10 - 10 rule. This basically states if there are 10 or less cops on and there is less then 10 min on the timer  then a CPL + can auth. lethals for POs and Deps. There is an exception to this it also says YOU MUST BE OUTNUMBERED OR OUTGUNNED. So lets say theres 8 Civs on and there are 9 cops and the cops are not gaining any ground on the Fed then if you meet the 10-10 rule then POs and Deps could get there lethals turned on. Im just tired of hearing the same excuse by some higher ups, "Well I dont want to put my rank on it" GUYS AND GALS If you are a CPL + and we are meeting the standard then give the LETHALS! Why are you scared about your rank? The rules are VERY Clear in this instance. I understand people do not want to lose there ranks but, the only time we can have a chance at winning is if we work together and use the tools provided to us. Next I want to touch point on the rage quitting. Cops lose 1 Fed or a Bank and they get pissed and log off. Yall just childish at that point im not saying stay on all day but if you just get on and you fight for 20min and lose don't just get off because, you lost 1 fight stay on and play with your friends have some fun! Most of the time I REALLY ENJOY playing cop and I hope we can just come together a little more and make the small change and have a bit more fun! 

Civ Section - 
Hello my little civilian friends out there yall have been doing a lot of Federal events lately as I mentioned above. A few things that I hear from cops often are some little rule breaks that happen here and there. There is a lot of backpacking that happens and yall can say you never backpack but, IT HAPPENS. All I ask if yall are going to do these events for money or a big fight please just follow rules. I know yall are sometimes outnumbered but, most of the time yall shit on APD it is what it is. If APD does a Armored run guess what yall got RPGs use them. If APD auth lethals for POs and Deps then fight back its the same thing. I don't see why people get butt hurt when APD starts using there resources. Theres also been instances infront of staff members of people just running up to a civ in restraints and shooting them. Guys it isnt fair to APD to just shoot your friend in the face when it isnt cross fire. Either make it look like cross fire or kill the cop and lockpick your friend out. 

Recap - 
The main reason for this post is I just want to have some fun like old oly days. I also feel like people need to start following the rules a bit better and not get away with everything. Im not trying to target anyone on this post I just felt like things needed to be said and I dont mind typing it out. Tell me what everyone thinks and I understand if you do not agree with me or if this post does not make a bunch of sense sorry haha. Anyways thanks for reading it all and have a great day! 

Pretty discouraging to play cop when a certain group runs 8 federal events before noon...

Also that same group of people are the ones complaining about there never being many cops online.

• Like 3
5 minutes ago, Doke TV said:

Pretty discouraging to play cop when a certain group runs 8 federal events before noon...

Also that same group of people are the ones complaining about there never being many cops online.

Def think there needs to be a cooldown for federal events. I feel like it would resolve a good bit of issues and then APD can do something other than stacking feds and BWs. There supposed to be the hardest thing to do but they are always being completed so either they need to be made harder to be done or a cooldown needs to be in place 

• Admin

GALS If you are a CPL + and we are meeting the standard then give the LETHALS! Why are you scared about your rank?

Dudes bust their ass and put full time + overtime hours to get that rank. Can’t blame them for being hesitant. I’m a retired chief of police and I still don’t authorize that unless we are severely outnumbered. Just because you can doesn’t always mean you should. Also if you’re not getting tases, you’re not going to get lethals anyways. Corporals are in their positions to make the executive decision when it’s necessary. When/if you get corporal, that’s when you make those decisions you feel are necessary. 

Yall just childish at that point im not saying stay on all day but if you just get on and you fight for 20min and lose don't just get off because, you lost 1 fight stay on and play with your friends have some fun

Everyone plays the game for different reasons. Some just want to fight. Some want to patrol and RP. Some want to just chill. Don’t try to dictate when someone should or shouldn’t play. Better they get off when they don’t wanna play than be miserable playing a game. 

I think everyone just needs to take a breather before you start fighting at one of these events

I agree on this and talk about it a lot. One wave in and half the cops have mentally given up. If aegis whoops your ass 8 times in the last week, doesn’t mean you won’t win this one. I’ve lost far more than I’ve won over the years. Every event is a new one. Keep trucking until the end and you have a better chance than giving up cuz you got shit on 2 waves in. 

I don't see why people get butt hurt when APD starts using there resources

This is true sometimes, but a lot of the times I hear complaints it’s about when they use those resources. Going armored wave 3 waves in or authorizing lethals (before the updated handbook) when it’s 8v6 in the cops favor was common. 

obv civs should follow rules but if you catch them just report them. But all in all everyone’s tryna win. Apd complains. Civs complain. Everyone just fight and if you win cool, if you lose, whatever. Move on to the next one. 

• Like 4
10 minutes ago, Dante said:

Everyone plays the game for different reasons. Some just want to fight. Some want to patrol and RP. Some want to just chill. Don’t try to dictate when someone should or shouldn’t play. Better they get off when they don’t wanna play than be miserable playing a game. 

As you see below my post I said there should be timers and shit in order to not only do feds. I understand everyone wants to do other things in not saying they should. What I am saying is we shouldn’t just be giving up we know what cop is like rn so if u aren’t planning on playing feds because that’s all we do rn then why are you getting on? And I understand that people put many hours in for ranks and what not I have around 600hours on cop but, everyone says the same shit so if no one try’s to do anything abt it then I don’t see why people are even complaining 

Also @ Dante even if you see a civ break rules and report it they get around it because they play with there admin buddies 

1 hour ago, Todd Dinger said:

With that said, I think a viable solution is a cooldown of one hour between federal events (reserve, jail, evidence, blackwater), starting from the moment the vault is fixed or bomb defused.

Nobody would play the game. The only reason people still play is because of feds bws the most fun thing on server 1 is fighting cops 

• Admin
15 minutes ago, Jelly Donut said:

Also @ Dante even if you see a civ break rules and report it they get around it because they play with there admin buddies 

If a staff member is intentionally disregarding a player breaking rules, report it to sr admins. I do a lot of player reports. I never see that happen, at least not since I’ve been staff. 

• Downvote 1
8 minutes ago, hawkg said:

Nobody would play the game. The only reason people still play is because of feds bws the most fun thing on server 1 is fighting cops 

That's a ridiculous claim, and completely subjective. Majority of the server plays for other reasons, otherwise the top few gangs would be the only population.

26 minutes ago, Jelly Donut said:

As you see below my post I said there should be timers and shit in order to not only do feds. I understand everyone wants to do other things in not saying they should. What I am saying is we shouldn’t just be giving up we know what cop is like rn so if u aren’t planning on playing feds because that’s all we do rn then why are you getting on? And I understand that people put many hours in for ranks and what not I have around 600hours on cop but, everyone says the same shit so if no one try’s to do anything abt it then I don’t see why people are even complaining 

Gotta get those minimums lmao

1 hour ago, Doke TV said:

No one fights caps anymore there is legit nothing to do besides fight cops tf else you expect people to do

10 minutes ago, Frato said:

No one fights caps anymore there is legit nothing to do besides fight cops tf else you expect people to do

Not saying people shouldn’t be able to do feds. Idk what a solution would look like but one group being able to run 8 feds in 4 hrs is absurd…

18 minutes ago, Frato said:

Cap fights were killed because they were redesigned to remove the logistical factor, so that it just became a numbers/skill game. 

Now if theres 5 people on caps, or in the group that holds caps, unless you have 5 people for caps, no reason to even fucking bother.  Getting rid of peninsula and house was the second most retarded decision ever made for server changes that I've ever seen.  Nobody would listen and it dead ass killed cartel fighting.  They can blame sharking but the new cap is still close to the water it had nothing to do with that. 

It was because the conquest elistists felt they were entitled to cartel money but didn't think they should have to drive around at all to get it and just want to afk a region of 1km to cap all of them.  

Cartels weren't ruined because of a 'bad call,'  they were ruined intentionally to feed all that money to a sect of players that believe they were above doing runs for conquest money.  And it could be fixed by adding more cartels back and in spreading it out more.  

Almost every person that takes the time to let me break this down to them and explain it to them ends up siding with me, with the exception of the people it directly benefits the most.  

I really should just make a youtube video explaining all the retardation behind the decision, because the only thing that's stopping the whole server from agreeing with me is reading comprehension skills, it seems. 

• STFU 2
48 minutes ago, Frato said:

Would love to see cartels re-incentivized 

• +1 1
53 minutes ago, Frato said:

The times that I log on to play, plenty of different gangs fight for caps. Smaller gangs often group up with other small gangs too to contest the cartel zones. 

I'm guessing playing during different time zones is a major factor for civilian enjoyment. 

45 minutes ago, The Sovereign said:

Cap fights were killed because they were redesigned to remove the logistical factor, so that it just became a numbers/skill game. 

Now if theres 5 people on caps, or in the group that holds caps, unless you have 5 people for caps, no reason to even fucking bother.

Sounds like loser talk. Cartel fighting should be based around skill. If you ain't got the skill/patience, just stay on the mainland and cause havoc over there. A solid duo/trio with good communication can take out that group of 5 without a problem. Point being, if you're scared of losing a loadout or kit, just stay on the mainland. 

Just now, SheriffJohnBeard said:

Sounds like loser talk. Cartel fighting should be based around skill. If you ain't got the skill/patience, just stay on the mainland and cause havoc over there. A solid duo/trio with good communication can take out that group of 5 without a problem. Point being, if you're scared of losing a loadout or kit, just stay on the mainland. 

Nah, there's no counter strategy, and your response shows that you lack the reading comprehension to understand what I'm saying. 

• STFU 1