Why do people/Admin´s take Bans so seriously

In my opinion if you get a ban you should be able to just comp the person and get unbanned but they apparently like to sit on their high horses and pretend to be cool kids or something (Admins).

Giving people 24 hours ban minimum for a scenario that´s worth max 100k in time and usually not more than 500k in kits (RDM)

same goes for VDM if the car/plane/heli blows up comp it but 24 hours ban for that shit, there got to come some change in around here and use common sense and not play god or a vindictive bitch(Admins)

• Like 1
  • Downvote 6
  • STFU 1
22 minutes ago, Jim Carry said:

In my opinion if you get a ban you should be able to just comp the person and get unbanned but they apparently like to sit on their high horses and pretend to be cool kids or something (Admins).

Giving people 24 hours ban minimum for a scenario that´s worth max 100k in time and usually not more than 500k in kits (RDM)

same goes for VDM if the car/plane/heli blows up comp it but 24 hours ban for that shit, there got to come some change in around here and use common sense and not play god or a vindictive bitch(Admins)

Instead of crying about wanting to comp after a ban how about u comp before the ban

• Like 2
25 minutes ago, Jim Carry said:

There are many ways to avoid that situation.  You can comp before the ban.  If you don't think you broke a rule you can go to support and ask.  If the dispute comes in while you're offline, they'll usually let you comp.

If you let it get that far, you've wasted someones time to upload a video, file a ticket, and go through the pain in the ass process of having to get you banned to get comp.

If nobody feared bans and could just comp out, then they would just break rules constantly and bet people wouldn't report, and then just comp the few who do.

39 minutes ago, Jim Carry said:

OeEDhs5.png

I reported you. You straight RDM'd me. When I disputed you, you said:

k0FGAYR.png

MmJItU8.png

You claim to not mind but here you are on the forums crying that you got banned when you straight RDM'd me. Hmm... 

If you watched my video you'd see that you hard RDM me and I was using a stolen police taser, hence the reasonable amount that I demnaded from you in comp.

• Like 2
  • +1 1
  • Haha 7
  • Wow 1
2 hours ago, doubleueyeceekay said:

OeEDhs5.png

I reported you. You straight RDM'd me. When I disputed you, you said:

k0FGAYR.png

MmJItU8.png

You claim to not mind but here you are on the forums crying that you got banned when you straight RDM'd me. Hmm... 

If you watched my video you'd see that you hard RDM me and I was using a stolen police taser, hence the reasonable amount that I demnaded from you in comp.

Ever since disputes became a thing this has been the best argument for keeping someone banned. When they cry about not comping and you read them tell the other person to screw off it’s damning. 

• Like 5
  • +1 2
1 hour ago, ThatNerdyGuy said:

Ever since disputes became a thing this has been the best argument for keeping someone banned. When they cry about not comping and you read them tell the other person to screw off it’s damning. 

you just slapped a 3 day on someone for a single text calling them a puff, your credibility is in the gutter, go take your frustrations out in the gym or something productive instead of on players involved in your roleplay server admin job tickets 

• +1 2
8 hours ago, Jim Carry said:

just don’t break the rules, if they don’t take it seriously then people will think they can break rules all the time and just comp and it’ll be fine. 

it’s almost like actions have consequences

4 hours ago, Boovin said:

you just slapped a 3 day on someone for a single text calling them a puff, your credibility is in the gutter, go take your frustrations out in the gym or something productive instead of on players involved in your roleplay server admin job tickets 

His wife (the lot lizard he frequents) left him and he took it out on me. 

4 hours ago, Boovin said:

This can't be real.   I get shamed by staff in the rare circumstances that I report people for death threats and they immediately get unbanned.  

If that actually happened, that is whatever the less toxic version of fucking retarded is.  

That xanx guy literally repeatedly ranted about murdering me IRL, and was unbanned in under a day.    

3 minutes ago, The Sovereign said:

This can't be real.   I get shamed by staff in the rare circumstances that I report people for death threats and they immediately get unbanned.  

If that actually happened, that is whatever the less toxic version of fucking retarded is.  

That xanx guy literally repeatedly ranted about murdering me IRL, and was unbanned in under a day.    

I talked a load of shit to APD to bait a reaction and copped a 3 day. It’s Just cops looking out for cops.

I was a cunt but there’s Admins out here with extra crispy Turkish barber haircuts telling people to kill themselves but do not torment the APD. I wasn’t gonna be on for the next few days any way and I promise I have not learned my lesson. 

6 minutes ago, Rufus said:

I talked a load of shit to APD to bait a reaction and copped a 3 day. It’s Just cops looking out for cops.

I was a cunt but there’s Admins out here with extra crispy Turkish barber haircuts telling people to kill themselves but do not torment the APD. I wasn’t gonna be on for the next few days any way and I promise I have not learned my lesson. 

I'm going to assume it was really really bad and warranted because that's easier to take.  I don't want to demonize staff, or bring too much flak to their decisions than is actually deserved, but in my experience, when it comes to things like 'harassment,' the largest amount of bias is usually shown. Some people get away with legitimate death threats, some get hard permed.  Some people get banned for saying t he absolutely pettiest shit, and some people aren't banned for actual irl death threats.  Rules are vague so staff can apply 'common sense,' but ultimately, most of them aren't on the same page and a lot of bias does seep in.  

If you're friends with the right people, you get a slap on the wrist.  If you're relatively unknown to staff or disliked, you get hard permed for the silliest shit (sometimes). 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, The Sovereign said:

I'm going to assume it was really really bad and warranted because that's easier to take.  I don't want to demonize staff, or bring too much flak to their decisions than is actually deserved, but in my experience, when it comes to things like 'harassment,' the largest amount of bias is usually shown. Some people get away with legitimate death threats, some get hard permed.  Some people get banned for saying t he absolutely pettiest shit, and some people aren't banned for actual irl death threats.  Rules are vague so staff can apply 'common sense,' but ultimately, most of them aren't on the same page and a lot of bias does seep in.  

If you're friends with the right people, you get a slap on the wrist.  If you're relatively unknown to staff or disliked, you get hard permed for the silliest shit (sometimes). 

Nothing said was even remotely as bad as what certain members of staff say on the regular. Nerdy acknowledged that in my appeal but said he can’t control them which is ironic as they’re the ones who set the bar. 

It was also nowhere near as bad as the torrent of abuse you or Big John got/get for instance. 

2 hours ago, Rufus said:

Nothing said was even remotely as bad as what certain members of staff say on the regular. Nerdy acknowledged that in my appeal but said he can’t control them which is ironic as they’re the ones who set the bar. 

It was also nowhere near as bad as the torrent of abuse you or Big John got/get for instance. 

You're right about staff setting the bar.  I once got told to kill myself for trying to explain to mako garage changes negatively effected people who pay for oly+.  That's why I cancelled oly+.  He's gotten better, but the absolutely most toxic and harassing people on this server is 9/10 in a staff gang or are personal friends with staff which sends mixed signals.

If hatchbacks is elevated to roles he shouldn't have so staff can laugh at him issuing death threats to Olympus players, @ Boovin needs unbanned.  Friendships with staff allow some people to get away with literal felonies, while some of us get staff warnings for calling people gay.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Grandma Gary said:

Using one of the worst legal systems in the world to bolster your argument is a bad play.  You should look into civilized countries for your inspirations such as Russia or North Korea.

Ahh.  Two countries we haven't effectively conquered culturally and politically.  But you forgot Iran.  

Honestly I wish we would just drop the pretense and start adding stars to the flag for all the EU/NATO countries.  

• Like 1