Blanket messages

To all,

Please do not send every player on the server a blanket message of "Hands up or die by "insert gang tag" to get around having to RP.  If you are in a specific area and are targeting a specific set of players that's fine, however you can NOT send the entire server that message to avoid RP.  This was happening last night and is not an acceptable form of game play.  It caused some players in the aggressor gang to be RDM'ed, and those gang members who where killed/tazed were not even aware the message had been sent from their gang to players in their area.  Those that were doing it know who you are, and so do the admin's/mod's.  If your gang is involved in something in Sofia, you can not have a gang member in Kavala send out mass messages, you must have the gang member in the area send the message to the specific targeted players. 

• Like 2

This has been done for a long long time, if there is 15 BurBan on I'm not going to spend 60 minutes of my life trying to tilde all 5 but text all of them and then shoot them.

Also it's not RDM if they are engaged, and that's one way to engage your whole gang with another gang... stopping us doing this will boost the ban war.

If you are initiating a gang war that's different, if you are texting EVERY person in the server to just go around killing people to avoid RP, that is what I am talking about.  

Wow didn't realize people have been doing that. I can see the cause for concern.

If you truly want to promote "RP" well make a Rule stating you can only use TXT or messaging from AIR to GROUND and GROUND to AIR. I have always felt a true RP server should not allow GROUND to GROUND TXT/Messaging as RP anyway. I have always been against this and people should have to use DIRECT VOICE to RP GROUND to GROUND period. It makes the game way to easy like it is in my opinion, but hey Im just a grumpy old man :)

• Like 1

What about direct chat instances? For example, Fedot would run around square yelling hands up or die.. Then run to his house and pullout some scat shit and just shoot everyone he felt like that was there at the time of his engagement.

What about direct chat instances? For example, Fedot would run around square yelling hands up or die.. Then run to his house and pullout some scat shit and just shoot everyone he felt like that was there at the time of his engagement.

That is RDM, if Fedot is doing that submit evidence and it will be handled accordingly. 

If you truly want to promote "RP" well make a Rule stating you can only use TXT or messaging from AIR to GROUND and GROUND to AIR. I have always felt a true RP server should not allow GROUND to GROUND TXT/Messaging as RP anyway. I have always been against this and people should have to use DIRECT VOICE to RP GROUND to GROUND period. It makes the game way to easy like it is in my opinion, but hey Im just a grumpy old man :)

i think that would be THE great solution. For example let say you don't use the Tilda key, then you shouldn't know who's hiding in the house 100m away from your position, so you have to sneak up and shout to each other hands up or die by XY.

From ground to air, or air to ground txt is okay, let's say you can search for a vehicle's licence plate number, so you know who's the actual owner / driver of it. Same with helicopters, let's say every chopper has a unique registration number, so you know who's the owner / pilot of the heli.

If he told them hands up or die how is that rdm? 

because he didnt shoot the people he engaged with at the time new people could of come along? he ran to his house to get a gun or something or gear comes back starts blasting everyone and everything in sight lol ..... so it would be rdm if they was not in the engagement. if your going to say hands up or die seems common sense to be armed already not shout "hands up or die" then il be like oh run to my house real quick come back shoot the shit out of anything that moves facepalm

get rid of tildA key and get what sealteamsloth has where you can't tildA but can msg the target you see 

because he didnt shoot the people he engaged with at the time new people could of come along? he ran to his house to get a gun or something or gear comes back starts blasting everyone and everything in sight lol ..... so it would be rdm if they was not in the engagement. if your going to say hands up or die seems common sense to be armed already not shout "hands up or die" then il be like oh run to my house real quick come back shoot the shit out of anything that moves facepalm

^^^^ what he said

and how would you know if they were out of the area....

It also has to do with the fact that with a place as busy as Kavala square, running around yelling "hands up or die" without specifying the target's name leads to people having no idea that they were engaged on.

• Like 1