Awesome suggestion

Okay, so i had this crazy but cool idea that could be seen done. Imagin there is a major attack in a town or a breakout at the federal departement or jail. There could be a SWAT team that doesnt ask question or permission before egaging the targets. And when the operation is done they go home and let the police (APD) come in and clean up the criminals by doing their job. So basically there could be APD, R&R, Civ and SWAT or something. They deal with dangerous and heavily armed situations, we could see them in hostage situations too if things go bad. Anyway i hope this is brought to the game because i would be the first to apply for that. Let me know what you guys think if its possible to put it in or should we or not.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

What are the cons ?

Mainly due to balancing and the fact that in the big picture swat just wouldn't work out too well. For instance the majority of the situations APD encounter would call for a swat team rather than regular police. This just wouldn't be practical during game play. With Senior APD able to pull armoured/armed vehicles and use heavy infantry weaponry, tied in with experience they are essentially "members of a swat team."

Here's a link to a rather extensive discussion on swat and other APD ideas. If you don't have APD forum access you won't be able to view this thread:

http://olympus-entertainment.com/topic/3989-suggestions-pls-no-h8/#comment-37334

• Like 1

Civs need to stop complaining every time they can't easily win against the cops.

The point of the Cops is so gangs can't always have their way

Don't really see the issue with a SWAT Team. "A server name that doesn't have a place on these forums" has a SWAT Team that has a simple ruleset that does not interfere with other rules

• Admin

Civs need to stop complaining every time they can't easily win against the cops.

The point of the Cops is so gangs can't always have their way

Don't really see the issue with a SWAT Team. "A server name that doesn't have a place on these forums" has a SWAT Team that has a simple ruleset that does not interfere with other rules

Yeah. I kind of like the idea of swat. But that is never going to happen. And that place you mention is almost gone now. So rip to that. ;):)