Straight from the rules:

"When using a titan on aerial vehicles the pilot must first be directly notified stating your demands and that you are using a Titan, if demands are not met (within reason) you may fire on the air unit with said titan."

Just curious what everyone's interpretation is of this piece specifically as it pertains to airplanes.

People like to copy/paste walls of text to initiate, and in my opinion giving an airplane pilot no more than 5 seconds to read said wall of text and then reply in a text that they will land is not adequate. I'll note that I have never used a titan so I don't know how long a lock can stay on a plane traveling at full speed.

• +1 2
1 hour ago, Infamous Cow said:

Straight from the rules:

"When using a titan on aerial vehicles the pilot must first be directly notified stating your demands and that you are using a Titan, if demands are not met (within reason) you may fire on the air unit with said titan."

Just curious what everyone's interpretation is of this piece specifically as it pertains to airplanes.

People like to copy/paste walls of text to initiate, and in my opinion giving an airplane pilot no more than 5 seconds to read said wall of text and then reply in a text that they will land is not adequate. I'll note that I have never used a titan so I don't know how long a lock can stay on a plane traveling at full speed.

Depends on plane speed, titan can lock on a 2km radius. A plane flying at 300kmph (a VERY reasonable speed) would leave that radius in under 5 seconds. Best case scenario you have 10 seconds from a 4km diameter. 

if you’re trying to titan a jet you’re cooked and they can escape titan round in 5s. I love flying my shikra at 1400kmph cause you sonic boom people AND you travel faster than a titan rocket, and people can’t even lock onto you. 

Additive note: Cessna looking mf planes can land on every single airstrip on the game, and even in fields. Jets are a mishmash, but even the shikra has three airfields it can land on, as well as salt flats. 

very very low risk being titan engaged if you’re in a plane unless you’ve just taken off

• Clown 1
46 minutes ago, doubleueyeceekay said:

Depends on plane speed, titan can lock on a 2km radius. A plane flying at 300kmph (a VERY reasonable speed) would leave that radius in under 5 seconds. Best case scenario you have 10 seconds from a 4km diameter. 

if you’re trying to titan a jet you’re cooked and they can escape titan round in 5s. I love flying my shikra at 1400kmph cause you sonic boom people AND you travel faster than a titan rocket, and people can’t even lock onto you. 

Additive note: Cessna looking mf planes can land on every single airstrip on the game, and even in fields. Jets are a mishmash, but even the shikra has three airfields it can land on, as well as salt flats. 

very very low risk being titan engaged if you’re in a plane unless you’ve just taken off

Basically you're titaning something as expensive as a van with staff trying every excuse they can to ban you for it, or you're titaning something you're never going to hit.  Should just stop with all the plane tears.  

• STFU 1
3 minutes ago, Tman15tmb said:

Kinda blows my mind people have so much money that they can afford to titan random planes doing DP missions or what not. Titan missiles aren't exactly cheap.

It's about the stats.  I'm first place titan hits and I got a copycat wannabe nipping at my heels.

When I first got 1st place in titan hits I spent hours working with staff to make sure I understood everything about every rule and every application... and I got to first without a single fail titan ban.  Now its years later, and old staff become staff again no idea they changes that have been made in application and ban me off some ancient ruling nobody has applied for half a decade. 

• Like 1
  • STFU 1
  • tinhead 1

Hey I'm a player with a titan, I just engaged you with a wall of text that covers all engagement bases when I should only clearly engage with the titan so that it would give the player ample time to read and react to said message, but instead read/comprehend my wall of text within 5 seconds while also texting me back that you will comply or you will be blown out of the sky in your defenseless unarmed plane!

26 minutes ago, Community Director Sov said:

Basically you're titaning something as expensive as a van with staff trying every excuse they can to ban you for it, or you're titaning something you're never going to hit.  Should just stop with all the plane tears.  

The amount of entitlement you give off when proved wrong by staff that has been around as long you is crazy, just o7 again plz.

Seriously do you know how easy it is to have a copypaste keypress of "Land at the nearest airport or be titaned." Just because you have the most Titan hits on the server doesn't make you immune from common sense, shit some titans in your profile signature were awfully worse than what you got banned for.

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, Element_ said:

Hey I'm a player with a titan, I just engaged you with a wall of text that covers all engagement bases when I should only clearly engage with the titan so that it would give the player ample time to read and react to said message, but instead read/comprehend my wall of text within 5 seconds while also texting me back that you will comply or you will be blown out of the sky in your defenseless unarmed plane!

The amount of entitlement you give off when proved wrong by staff that has been around as long you is crazy, just o7 again plz.

Seriously do you know how easy it is to have a copypaste keypress of "Land at the nearest airport or be titaned." Just because you have the most Titan hits on the server doesn't make you immune from common sense, shit some titans in your profile signature were awfully worse than what you got banned for.

Bro can you stfu.. you have NO IDEA HOW TITAN ENGAGEMENTS WORK.  Everyone who does reads what you say and think 'hes retarded.'

Ive told you like 4x.. that will get you banned.  You cannot titan engage like that.

That way that is interpreted is ALMOST ANYTHING can be landing.  Can be circling to land, getting enough distance to land, ect.  They ban basically ANY TIME YOU TITAN if you try some dumb shit like that.  You're trying to flex like you know what you're talking about but you don't.  Which would be fine but youre being a mix of confident and ignorant that's just really annoying.

Even staff will tell you you're an idiot for engaging like that.  Go ask them.  You are trying to get on this dogpile for clout, but godamn, I never realized you were this stupid.

• STFU 1
1 minute ago, Community Director Sov said:

Bro can you stfu.. you have NO IDEA HOW TITAN ENGAGEMENTS WORK.  Everyone who does reads what you say and think 'hes retarded.'

Ive told you like 4x.. that will get you banned.  You cannot titan engage like that.

But I've been doing it for years and never have been banned!!!!!!!!!! Who do I sound like rn? 🤡

8 minutes ago, Community Director Sov said:

you're an idiot for engaging like that.  Go ask them.  You are trying to get on this dogpile for clout, but godamn, I never realized you were this stupid.

Yes because anyone who calls you out for being a retard is just dogpiling.

18 minutes ago, Element_ said:

But I've been doing it for years and never have been banned!!!!!!!!!! Who do I sound like rn? 🤡

Years.  Yeah I'm sure.  Your 63 titan hits, probably 5 of which were planes.. your extensive experience lmao.  You have no idea what you're talking about. 

• STFU 1
2 minutes ago, Community Director Sov said:

Years.  Yeah I'm sure.  Your 63 titan hits, probably 5 of which were planes.. your extensive experience lmao.  You have no idea what you're talking about. 

Ego me over stats..... Actual narcissist behavior, what are you gonna say next? Where's your 2 degrees in retard? Surely its getting close to time to go work a 12 hour in the Amazon slave labor warehouse.

1 hour ago, Tman15tmb said:

Kinda blows my mind people have so much money that they can afford to titan random planes doing delivery missions or what not. Titan missiles aren't exactly cheap.

bruh people got hundreds of millions and billions lol. Money is extremely easy to come by

1 hour ago, Community Director Sov said:

I don't think it's in the staff's best interest to ban someone unless their existence on the server introduces more problems than good.

Also, "Basically you're titaning something as expensive as a van ... Should just stop with all the plane tears" are quite the statements. Just because you don't value other people's time and money doesn't mean they don't have value.

I don't particularly like you, but I did watch your video of your most recent ban and I have to say I don't see what you did wrong according to the way the rules are laid out currently. I personally think a 5 second timer on Titan-Plane initiation is ridiculous, but that's the rules as they stand.

17 minutes ago, Infamous Cow said:

I don't think it's in the staff's best interest to ban someone unless their existence on the server introduces more problems than good.

Also, "Basically you're titaning something as expensive as a van ... Should just stop with all the plane tears" are quite the statements. Just because you don't value other people's time and money doesn't mean they don't have value.

I don't particularly like you, but I did watch your video of your most recent ban and I have to say I don't see what you did wrong according to the way the rules are laid out currently. I personally think a 5 second timer on Titan-Plane initiation is ridiculous, but that's the rules as they stand.

Shameless plug time.  Watch the sovtages next.  dozens of plane kills with no bans 😄

• STFU 1
1 hour ago, Infamous Cow said:

I personally think a 5 second timer on Titan-Plane initiation is ridiculous, but that's the rules as they stand.

Let me clarify: According to the way the rulebook reads, the rule is that 5 seconds from moment of engagement is all that is required. If staff has an agreed-upon rule that requires you to wait a certain amount of time based on the length of the text message and ability to respond (like in the scenario of having to text back while flying a plane), the rulebook NEEDS to be updated to reflect that. "give the player(s) time to react (at least 5 seconds)" suggests that 5 seconds is all that is required, no matter the circumstance. We can't expect people to follow the rules if they aren't documented in the agreed upon location.

5 hours ago, Infamous Cow said:

Titan initiation on a plane is pretty straightforward in my opinion. There's 2 categories of planes. Those that are jets, and those that aren't. In general, it's agreed that titan engaging a jet is pointless and that your best bet to take one down would be to be at war with said pilot of that jet. For both categories, there is no point in copy/pasting a paragraph and expecting the pilot to read everything in a reasonable amount of time. The jet will be gone by the time you click send on your message, and the non-jet will potentially be out of range by the time significant time has been given. Short and simple messages are needed for planes so enough time is given before proceeding to titan them. And even if they leave your range, you will still be actively titan engaged for the next 5 minutes. A simple press of F5(default timer hotkey), and now you have a timer on your screen to help you with remembering how much time remaining on your titan engagement.

From personal experience, my titan messages to planes are either "Land your plane at the nearest airstrip or be TITANED" or "Don't take off, or you will be TITANED." Since my messages are short, I don't need it on my clipboard to copy/paste, I just manually write it out each time. Nothing about, "hands up, pull over, turn off your engine and then reply with emojis" or any other useless information. After I type and send my message, I press F5 and then I proceed with a 5 second count. A grace period of 2-3 seconds is given as well so the pilot can read my 10-word message. If I notice the airplane turning in any direction within those seconds, I will not shoot my titan until it's obvious the plane is trying to evade and not turning towards the nearest airstrip. If after 6-7 seconds, the plane is still flying in the same heading, then I am clear to shoot it down. Half the time after adequate time is given, the plane is still in titan range, while the other half of the time, they have left my titan range. With the pilot leaving my titan range, the 5 minute timer I set up would already be active on my screen and I'll just hope it flies back around within that timeframe. 

With 500+ titan hits and NEVER been banned for any titan hits, you can message me if you have any other questions or concerns about titans 🫡❤️

3 hours ago, Claysive said:

xrpfxxxlf8p31.thumb.jpg.0bbe8b05d7aff41b31d0874f215e78b6.jpg

LOL the same clown stays clownin'

2 hours ago, Element_ said:

A clown only knows how to be a clown. It can't help itself. 

2 hours ago, -Shawn- said:

heath ledger joker GIF

I know right? LOL

3 hours ago, Tman15tmb said:

Kinda blows my mind people have so much money that they can afford to titan random planes doing delivery missions or what not. Titan missiles aren't exactly cheap.

Perspective though. I'd rather hover around 10-15million in my bank account, than to horde hundreds of millions. What's the point of having a lot of money if you aren't blowing it on stupid things? Just how that one saying goes, you can't take money with you once you die. I have a friend @ Duece who was hording AVS vests on Tarkov just so he can use them at a later time. He wouldn't let any of his friends use his vests because he wanted to save them up. Guess what? A wipe happened and no one ended up using those vests. Moral of the story? Clowns stay clownin~

TL; DR... AUTOHOVER IN PLACE FOR 5 MINUTES, OR BE TITANED

17 minutes ago, Infamous Cow said:

Let me clarify: According to the way the rulebook reads, the rule is that 5 seconds from moment of engagement is all that is required. If staff has an agreed-upon rule that requires you to wait a certain amount of time based on the length of the text message and ability to respond (like in the scenario of having to text back while flying a plane), the rulebook NEEDS to be updated to reflect that. "give the player(s) time to react (at least 5 seconds)" suggests that 5 seconds is all that is required, no matter the circumstance. We can't expect people to follow the rules if they aren't documented in the agreed upon location.

I'd argue that it's common sense that the 5 seconds applies for verbal engagement.

And that 5 seconds + the time it would take a reasonable person to read your message would apply for written engagement. 

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, SheriffJohnBeard said:

Titan initiation on a plane is pretty straightforward in my opinion. There's 2 categories of planes. Those that are jets, and those that aren't. In general, it's agreed that titan engaging a jet is pointless and that your best bet to take one down would be to be at war with said pilot of that jet. For both categories, there is no point in copy/pasting a paragraph and expecting the pilot to read everything in a reasonable amount of time. The jet will be gone by the time you click send on your message, and the non-jet will potentially be out of range by the time significant time has been given. Short and simple messages are needed for planes so enough time is given before proceeding to titan them. And even if they leave your range, you will still be actively titan engaged for the next 5 minutes. A simple press of F5(default timer hotkey), and now you have a timer on your screen to help you with remembering how much time remaining on your titan engagement.

From personal experience, my titan messages to planes are either "Land your plane at the nearest airstrip or be TITANED" or "Don't take off, or you will be TITANED." Since my messages are short, I don't need it on my clipboard to copy/paste, I just manually write it out each time. Nothing about, "hands up, pull over, turn off your engine and then reply with emojis" or any other useless information. After I type and send my message, I press F5 and then I proceed with a 5 second count. A grace period of 2-3 seconds is given as well so the pilot can read my 10-word message. If I notice the airplane turning in any direction within those seconds, I will not shoot my titan until it's obvious the plane is trying to evade and not turning towards the nearest airstrip. If after 6-7 seconds, the plane is still flying in the same heading, then I am clear to shoot it down. Half the time after adequate time is given, the plane is still in titan range, while the other half of the time, they have left my titan range. With the pilot leaving my titan range, the 5 minute timer I set up would already be active on my screen and I'll just hope it flies back around within that timeframe. 

With 500+ titan hits and NEVER been banned for any titan hits, you can message me if you have any other questions or concerns about titans 🫡❤️

LOL the same clown stays clownin'

A clown only knows how to be a clown. It can't help itself. 

I know right? LOL

Perspective though. I'd rather hover around 10-15million in my bank account, than to horde hundreds of millions. What's the point of having a lot of money if you aren't blowing it on stupid things? Just how that one saying goes, you can't take money with you once you die. I have a friend @ Duece who was hording AVS vests on Tarkov just so he can use them at a later time. He wouldn't let any of his friends use his vests because he wanted to save them up. Guess what? A wipe happened and no one ended up using those vests. Moral of the story? Clowns stay clownin~

TL; DR... AUTOHOVER IN PLACE FOR 5 MINUTES, OR BE TITANED

I'd argue that it's common sense that the 5 seconds applies for verbal engagement.

And that 5 seconds + the time it would take a reasonable person to read your message would apply for written engagement. 

Bud... considering how much effort you're putting in to trying to be me, you'd think you'd be as concerned as I am about the arbitrary opinion based titan rule application.

10 minutes ago, Community Director Sov said:

Bud... considering how much effort you're putting in to trying to be me, you'd think you'd be as concerned as I am about the arbitrary opinion based titan rule application.

https://gyazo.com/e7d7de34a913942cb1785a49bfd2e3c7 Please seek help

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Community Director Sov said:

It's very disrespectful and equally as disgusting to suggest anyone wants to be like you. You clearly have more than a just few screws loose, an unhealthy obsessive personality, and have the voice of tow truck. 🤮

We at BBC do not acknowledge you. Titan rules have been pretty solid. Thanks @ -Shawn-  and others for the unpaid and often difficult administrative work. 

Just now, SheriffJohnBeard said:

It's very disrespectful and equally as disgusting to suggest anyone wants to be like you. You clearly have more than a just few screws loose, an unhealthy obsessive personality, and have the voice of tow truck. 🤮

We at BBC do not acknowledge you. Titan rules have been pretty solid. Thanks @ -Shawn-  and others for the unpaid and often difficult administrative work. 

Oh is that why you don't get fail titan bans?  Verbal Felatio?  Who woulda thought. 

You are Kroger Brand Sovereign.