About those titan paragraphs...

Everyone who doesn't understand how titaning works seems to have strong opinions about the titan engagement messages.  You need to understand, that is not coming from titaners.  Titaners have no issues using short sweet messages, but the problem is Olympus Staff on this server.   

Every single time a titan report comes in, that titaner has to listen to some new staff member list out all the things that need to be in that engagement message, and even what order everything has to be in.  Then it goes onto the next staff member who makes a new handful of demands on the titan message. 

Then finally, it comes to a new staff member, who is mad your titan message is so long and tells you it needs to be trimmed up.. So you are left in the position of taking things out and hoping it doesn't come back to the previous staff member handling a ticket, and banning because you cut out the part they told you needed to be in there.

Then it comes to timing.  It's always been 5 seconds regardless, but now they keep increasing the demanded time over and over.  Initially it was 5 second, then 7 seconds, then 10 seconds, and it never ends.   If you get a titan engagement, it was always a given that you're supposed to know to autohover to read it. 

It's at the point where it's becoming harder and harder to titan people, and that's fucking aids to deal with for a weapon who's ammo costs more than most of the aircraft you're titaning.

@ Masonn   @ David Miller     @ Grandma Gary          Please pick a standard, and a titan czar and stop letting every single staff member inject their opinions into titaning.  It's black or white, and staff shouldn't be looking for reasons to ban people.  It is now literally impossible to follow the rules per every staff members request, unless the player messages me and gives me permission to titan them.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Downvote 2
  • STFU 5

It's a super common rule to have your messages short enough to read within the 5 second grace period, if it takes 5 seconds to read your long ass paragraph you still need to give the player the 5 seconds after they realize what the message is saying to react... It's been like this forever you cannot be mad that you got banned for something you have been warned on multiple occasions and you continue to repeat this behavior. I'd suggest that you listen to the warnings in the future and not try and cheese the system, only person to blame here is you.

• Like 7
  • Downvote 1
2 minutes ago, Doke said:

It's a super common rule to have your messages short enough to read within the 5 second grace period, if it takes 5 seconds to read your long ass paragraph you still need to give the player the 5 seconds after they realize what the message is saying to react... It's been like this forever you cannot be mad that you got banned for something you have been warned on multiple occasions and you continue to repeat this behavior. I'd suggest that you listen to the warnings in the future and not try and cheese the system, only person to blame here is you.

And this is what I have to deal with all the time.  People who don't understand how much staff meddling turns my messages into that, expecting me to be punished because my messages are that long.  

• Downvote 5
  • STFU 2
Just now, G H O S T said:

I don't recall ever having had a single conversation with you.  And you show up on my post spamming to let me know you don't care?  weird.

All I'm asking for is one set standard so staff stop injecting their opinions and making up rules and interpretations to justify bans that shouldn't be happening.  One unified message.  One set standard where nobody can come in saying how they think it should be.

I'm not saying anything about what the rules should be other than being RELIABLE.

• Downvote 2
  • STFU 1

Yeah, no. Trying to get the rules manipulated for your liking.. typical. @ Doke  is 100% right. Also rules aren't hard to follow. You can find them here: https://wiki.olympus-entertainment.com/wiki/Main_Page and navigate to such rules. Maybe you should read up on them 🙂

• Like 3
16 minutes ago, Natsirt said:

Yeah, no. Trying to get the rules manipulated for your liking.. typical. @ Doke  is 100% right. Also rules aren't hard to follow. You can find them here: https://wiki.olympus-entertainment.com/wiki/Main_Page and navigate to such rules. Maybe you should read up on them 🙂

No idiot.  90% of Titan rule engagement is staff interpretation.  You..like most of the staff have strong opinions about shit you know nothing about.

• Downvote 3
  • Senior Web Developer

In my next titan engagement message to you how about I send the entire lorem ipsum prior to “auto-hover” and give you 5 seconds to comply.

You say that we all have a strong opinion on titan messages when we aren’t entitled to that opinion, but you seem to have a strong opinion on the Gangbases when you’ve never once held or fought for one.

Your message has 30 words prior to the auto-hover word. The fastest of average readers would still require 10 seconds to get to your helicopter portion of your message. They need to be given time to react to receiving the message and time to comply.

• Like 3
  • +1 4
4 minutes ago, Toretto said:

In my next titan engagement message to you how about I send the entire lorem ipsum prior to “auto-hover” and give you 5 seconds to comply.

You say that we all have a strong opinion on titan messages when we aren’t entitled to that opinion, but you seem to have a strong opinion on the Gangbases when you’ve never once held or fought for one.

Your message has 30 words prior to the auto-hover word. The fastest of average readers would still require 10 seconds to get to your helicopter portion of your message. They need to be given time to react to receiving the message and time to comply.

I've fought gang bases many times bud.

And you're once again doing what everyone else does.  Stating an opinion about Titan engagements and how simple they are...and if I listened to you I'd get banned even more because you don't know what you're talking about.

You have no idea how many staff come to me left and right saying this and that.  You see the end result of me doing the best I can to comply with the insane standards staff set for me despite most of those standards contradicting eachother.

There are staff who don't want people titaning and they move the bar constantly to make it harder and harder.

This time I fucked up by titaning a girl @ Marcus wants to simp on, so even though they very very clearly defy my demands about not moving, he says theyre allowed to because they were moving while autohovering.

• Downvote 4
  • STFU 1
16 minutes ago, Community Director Sov said:

I've fought gang bases many times bud.

And you're once again doing what everyone else does.  Stating an opinion about Titan engagements and how simple they are...and if I listened to you I'd get banned even more because you don't know what you're talking about.

You have no idea how many staff come to me left and right saying this and that.  You see the end result of me doing the best I can to comply with the insane standards staff set for me despite most of those standards contradicting eachother.

There are staff who don't want people titaning and they move the bar constantly to make it harder and harder.

This time I fucked up by titaning a girl @ Marcus wants to simp on, so even though they very very clearly defy my demands about not moving, he says theyre allowed to because they were moving while autohovering.

Take your meds today?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Helis: “Auto hover, land, and stay landed or be titaned.”

Planes: “Turn and head straight for X, land and stay landed or be titaned.”

If I am feeling frisky or have it copied I will sometimes add “And await further instructions”.  Never once had a ban, warning, or anything about failed titan or invalid message.

Very hard and lengthy indeed. 😉

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Community Director Sov said:

Everyone who doesn't understand how titaning works seems to have strong opinions about the titan engagement messages.  You need to understand, that is not coming from titaners.  Titaners have no issues using short sweet messages, but the problem is Olympus Staff on this server.   

Every single time a titan report comes in, that titaner has to listen to some new staff member list out all the things that need to be in that engagement message, and even what order everything has to be in.  Then it goes onto the next staff member who makes a new handful of demands on the titan message. 

Then finally, it comes to a new staff member, who is mad your titan message is so long and tells you it needs to be trimmed up.. So you are left in the position of taking things out and hoping it doesn't come back to the previous staff member handling a ticket, and banning because you cut out the part they told you needed to be in there.

Then it comes to timing.  It's always been 5 seconds regardless, but now they keep increasing the demanded time over and over.  Initially it was 5 second, then 7 seconds, then 10 seconds, and it never ends.   If you get a titan engagement, it was always a given that you're supposed to know to autohover to read it. 

It's at the point where it's becoming harder and harder to titan people, and that's fucking aids to deal with for a weapon who's ammo costs more than most of the aircraft you're titaning.

@ Masonn   @ David Miller     @ Grandma Gary          Please pick a standard, and a titan czar and stop letting every single staff member inject their opinions into titaning.  It's black or white, and staff shouldn't be looking for reasons to ban people.  It is now literally impossible to follow the rules per every staff members request, unless the player messages me and gives me permission to titan them.

HAHA you got banned 😂

My initiation messages: 
For vehicle: Stop the vehicle, get out, and put your hands up or be shot.
Heli type 1: Put your helicopter in autohover and land, or be titaned.
Heli type 2: AUTOHOVER IN PLACE FOR 5 MINUTES OR BE TITANED.
Person: Hands up or be shot.
Planes: Don't have one, I don't fuck with planes.

Their initiation message: 

"Put your hands up. If in a plane text back ok that you will comply then fly in tight circles and dont leave the area. If youre in a heli autohover in place lock your doors and keep them locked await further instruction. Ground units get out and put your hands up. Failure to do so may result in you being tazed killed or titaned by The C.T.F"

aint nobody got time for that GIF

• Like 3
7 minutes ago, Leviathan said:

My initiation messages: 
For vehicle: Stop the vehicle, get out, and put your hands up or be shot.
Heli type 1: Put your helicopter in autohover and land, or be titaned.
Heli type 2: AUTOHOVER IN PLACE FOR 5 MINUTES OR BE TITANED.
Person: Hands up or be shot.
Planes: Don't have one, I don't fuck with planes.

Their initiation message: 

"Put your hands up. If in a plane text back ok that you will comply then fly in tight circles and dont leave the area. If youre in a heli autohover in place lock your doors and keep them locked await further instruction. Ground units get out and put your hands up. Failure to do so may result in you being tazed killed or titaned by The C.T.F"

aint nobody got time for that GIF

So what I am hearing is you discriminate between heli types…

• +1 1
  • Haha 1
43 minutes ago, Grandma Gary said:

So is literally anyone other than Sovereign struggling with titan engagements?

I think I may be on to something >.>

Nobody other than me titans as much as I do.  Of course I have most issues.

Also the most staff looking for any reason they can to smash that ban button.

If any of these people tried their bullshit messages titaning as much as I do they would never get unbanned.

• Downvote 1
  • Senior Web Developer

I think my helicopter engagement text is great. Involves a little roleplay and gets right to the point.

> YOU ARE IN BREACH OF PRIVATE AIRSPACE! Autohover IMMEDIATELY and await further instructions! Failure to comply will result in death by TITAN.

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, Toretto said:

I think my helicopter engagement text is great. Involves a little roleplay and gets right to the point.

> YOU ARE IN BREACH OF PRIVATE AIRSPACE! Autohover IMMEDIATELY and await further instructions! Failure to comply will result in death by TITAN.

Bro why is the TITAN gang engaging me, what the heck?  Confusing message, banned.

• Sad 1