#FREESOV (Olympus Staff Are Incompetent with Titan Rules)

Is this a fail titan?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Is this a fail titan?

• Yes
    • No

• The Antichrist changed the title to #FREESOV (Olympus Staff Are Incompetent with Titan Rules)

Sov has a lot of hot takes and majority I don't agree with but, this I agree with some of this one. The first clip I don't really understand the purpose of it you weren't banned, nor is dominic administrative staff and checking logs is nothing new. The second clip though is a failure to comply and they were rightfully titaned IMO.

• Like 2
  • BlessUp 1
  • tinhead 1
4 minutes ago, Kamikaze said:

Sov has a lot of hot takes and majority I don't agree with but, this I agree with some of this one. The first clip I don't really understand the purpose of it you weren't banned, nor is dominic administrative staff and checking logs is nothing new. The second clip though is a failure to comply and they were rightfully titaned IMO.

Purpose of the first clip was a SENIOR STAFF member trying to get me banned with a clip of him starting a timer from the point the pilot said he got engaged because the pilot did not have video, and not dropping the issue for days.

• Downvote 1
21 minutes ago, Community Director Sov said:

Purpose of the first clip was a SENIOR STAFF member trying to get me banned with a clip of him starting a timer from the point the pilot said he got engaged because the pilot did not have video, and not dropping the issue for days.

I get what you're saying its just I don't see the argument you're making because he is development staff not administrative staff. Devs don't need to fully understand the rules unlike admins. 

826e16cf97b736bf99589781152498b2.png Dev

94213188cd106510eb60eb77e2b40500.png Admin

• Haha 1

All I'm saying, if you get a titan engage and you even move while in auto-hover i should have the right to shoot you out of the sky (sometimes)

Alot of people understand while you've been titan engaged not to even move, and then you get people that like to test their luck and then dispute you even though they seen the titan engage they just try and be funny about it.

Ive only titaned a little amount of people but most of the time people have listened and only had a few disputes about it.

This is for the second clip.

• Admin

I have had a lot of fun watching @ Marcus get dogpiled but ill input my opinion here now 😄 

I saw the ticket against sov myself and brought it to staff for a second opinion. I personally believe that rotating a little left or right while autohovered is still autohovering in place. So I brought it to the staff channel and asked and multiple staff agreed that they believed it was bannable. I had already banned @ SheriffJohnBeard 's running mate mr Cheese for a similar occurrence but there was much less movement in his than Sov's. So it definitely deserved a conversation i felt. 

So, I do believe it was a fail titan. I do think that the Authohover being turned off technically means she didnt comply BUT that would not be kown in itself by Sov there. The biggest thing with titans is determining if they were evading or if they are directly non compliant with the request. Adding a 'dont move' in the text helps eliminate this issue. the BBC fellas have now altered their text to accommodate this as well.

And I have denied a LOT of false titan reports. I try to give the titaner as much credit as i can for assuming someone is evading or not complying etc. But, in the end, if someone is given enough time to comply and they are attempting to comply, they should not be titaned. Enough time can be a bit subjective but common sense usually covers that.

Jay did a pretty good job summarizing sov's message to include all the stuff while being much shorter. If you have to have a mass text, try to cover everything with as little words as possible to make it readable in 5 seconds so youre not waiting 5 seconds and still getting banned cuz its too long ;D

• Like 3
  • Head Admin

Just suck it up and make a 2nd different text just for titans so people don't have to read half a page before getting to the important bit and understanding what to do.

I also couldn't help but notice you didn't provide your PowerPoint POV in any of your 4 ban appeals.

In the mean time if you could stop fail titaning people that'd be great.                                                                     I'd say not fail titan since clearly autohover was turned off and they started moving l0l

Tuesday Morning Dog GIF by Sealed With A GIF

• Like 4
  • Love 2
  • BlessUp 1
  • Hmm 1
3 hours ago, Mr Miscellaneous said:

I'm by no means a titan expert but "Land/Autohover in place or be titaned" Seems simple to type out instead of 33 words.

its a "roleplay server" it wouldnt be roleplay if the text read "Land/Autohover in place or be titaned"

2 hours ago, -Shawn- said:

. I personally believe that rotating a little left or right while autohovered is still autohovering in place.

auto hovering is auto hovering moving to the left and right is not auto hovering 

• Monkey 1
  • Clown 1

Honestly, you're in the wrong on both and I feel like your message should be switched to something that is more direct at the start of the message. Here is my message:  "YOU ARE IN BREACH OF PRIVATE AIRSPACE! Autohover IMMEDIATELY and await further instructions! Failure to comply will result in death by TITAN." Your first message doesn't have to have instructions for every type of air vehicle possible, but just a brief engagement that applies to all air vehicles and then do a follow up for instructions if they actually comply.

First clip, you didn't even give them time to comply and you clearly see them start their hover before you shot. You should only shoot if they dive down or flare. Since that would be considered an evasive maneuver. Flying up is not evasive AT ALL. This one is really the fault of your lengthy message.

Second clip, you are completely in the wrong and Marcus was right to ban you. Just because someone slightly drifts does not mean they are evading. Although they slightly drifted, there was no vehicular movement that suggested an evasion attempt. You just shot cause you thought you were right within the rules...

• BlessUp 1
  • +1 1
  • Admin
11 minutes ago, hawkg said:

auto hovering is auto hovering moving to the left and right is not auto hovering 

Auto hovering is in fact, being in auto hover. The argument you would want to make is "autohover IN PLACE"

Go back to downvoting me daily, its the only thing your brain works for ❤️ 

• Like 3
  • +1 1
  • Downvote 1

@ -Shawn- @ hawkg  so my engagement text is fine  🙂 *cough* Lite rp server L *COUGH*

3 hours ago, Mr Miscellaneous said:

I'm by no means a titan expert but "Land/Autohover in place or be titaned" Seems simple to type out instead of 33 words.

• Monkey 1
23 minutes ago, -Shawn- said:

Auto hovering is in fact, being in auto hover. The argument you would want to make is "autohover IN PLACE"

Go back to downvoting me daily, its the only thing your brain works for ❤️ 

turning ur heli left and right is different from drifting a few feet brain dead moron. in auto hover u dont drift lol. auto hovering is auto hovering 

• Monkey 1