Guess what rule I broke: Challenge Level Impossible

Breaks NLR by spawning in house in the NLR circle and grabbing titan, shoots into NLR circle, shoots into redzone without any engagement.

smh

also you didn't kill me 😄

• DEMON TIME 1

bahaha you started your clip perfectly to avoid showing you breaking nlr. you also didnt show you engaging anyone. All i see is a fail titan. get a grip and delete this

:peepoclown:

• Haha 1
  • SWAT Commander

hahahaha 

If I had to guess, dispute abuse, fail titan, and NLR???

1. You're not in the red zone, so titan engagement is invalid unless you text engage the pilot OR in the red zone WITH them.

2. You are literally shooting into your NLR zone, which is considered NLR. 

3. How is it that you have 1,200 hours in this server and do not know this?

• +1 1
  • DEMON TIME 1
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, Millennium said:

Breaks NLR by spawning in house in the NLR circle and grabbing titan, shoots into NLR circle, shoots into redzone without any engagement.

smh

also you didn't kill me 😄

I killed you in rebel, with a protector then offered to epi you.

1 hour ago, Xlax said:

hahahaha 

If I had to guess, dispute abuse, fail titan, and NLR???

1. You're not in the red zone, so titan engagement is invalid unless you text engage the pilot OR in the red zone WITH them.

2. You are literally shooting into your NLR zone, which is considered NLR. 

3. How is it that you have 1,200 hours in this server and do not know this?

I've read the rules and trying to figure out what rule I broke.

I used the dispute system to offer to epi a guy, because I knew I killed him just because I was jumpy inside rebel (and picked an epi up off his body).

I was not inside NLR zone, the NLR rule says "If you die for any reason apart from dying by an Arma bug you may not return to that area for 15 minutes. (1 Kilometer from where you died)".  I was not within 1 km of where I died.

"Titans may be used without texts in illegal areas."

I am shooting at a heli in an illegal area?  The Titan is being used in the illegal area. Or am I missing something? The 'use' of the Titan is where I am shooting it? I thought standing in a red zone and shooting outside it is RDM/against the rules, after 1200 hours. And there is nothing in the handbook specifying this. Now I am being told it is the opposite? You cannot be outside a red zone, shooting in to an illegal/KOS area?

I didn't hit him with the Titan, offered to epi, and wasn't in the NLR zone, and I still got banned without video evidence within 5 minutes?

• Like 1
  • Hmm 1
  • Downvote 1
49 minutes ago, TheLowborn said:

I was not within 1 km of where I died.

no but you are affecting others within that area, and from what i read you spawned inside that area

49 minutes ago, TheLowborn said:

50 minutes ago, TheLowborn said:

The 'use' of the Titan is where I am shooting it?

are you inside an illegal area when you shot the titan?? no.

you are a fucking retard

11 hours ago, TheLowborn said:

I've read the rules and trying to figure out what rule I broke.

I used the dispute system to offer to epi a guy, because I knew I killed him just because I was jumpy inside rebel (and picked an epi up off his body).

I was not inside NLR zone, the NLR rule says "If you die for any reason apart from dying by an Arma bug you may not return to that area for 15 minutes. (1 Kilometer from where you died)".  I was not within 1 km of where I died.

I am shooting at a heli in an illegal area?  The Titan is being used in the illegal area. Or am I missing something? The 'use' of the Titan is where I am shooting it? I thought standing in a red zone and shooting outside it is RDM/against the rules, after 1200 hours. And there is nothing in the handbook specifying this. Now I am being told it is the opposite? You cannot be outside a red zone, shooting in to an illegal/KOS area?

I didn't hit him with the Titan, offered to epi, and wasn't in the NLR zone, and I still got banned without video evidence within 5 minutes?

NLR:

You cannot enter the NLR circle around where you last died. In what logic would you be able to then stand outside of the NLR circle and shoot within. The NLR circle is a "out of play" area for you for the next 15 minutes. You are not meant to interact with ANYTHING within that NLR circle. You sat outside of it and decided to shoot into the NLR circle.

In your video, it's pretty easy to tell you spawned at your house in the NLR circle, grabbed a titan and proceeded to run outside of the NLR circle. Seeing as you are a make with a titan and 1 rocket with no vehicle present.

Fail Titan:

Yes, you missed it, but he added it to your ban due to the other rule breaks.

You are allowed to titan other players if they are in a redzone, However, you must also be in the redzone. You are not allowed to stand outside of redzones and shoot into a redzone. There is a reason there is a radius to redzones, otherwise everywhere would be KOS. If you are outside of a redzone you must text engage the pilot a titan text unless they are at war (and a few exceptions that don't matter).

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

You aren’t even consistent with your logic. There are two zones that have rules that apply when you are inside of them.

You claim you are both:

1. Inside the red zone when you shoot into it 

2. Not inside the NLR zone when you shoot into it

Miraculously, you are wrong about both of them lol

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, gaz said:

You aren’t even consistent with your logic. There are two zones that have rules that apply when you are inside of them.

You claim you are both:

1. Inside the red zone when you shoot into it 

2. Not inside the NLR zone when you shoot into it

Miraculously, you are wrong about both of them lol

Just someone quote to me from the rule book what I am doing wrong.

Is the Titan not being used 'in' an illegal area, because I am not in the illegal area? Why does the rule not say that, then? It is being used in the illegal area, because the target is in an illegal area.

I am not breaking NLR because I am not in the NLR area. The NLR rule says do not enter the 1km radius around where you died. If you can't shoot into it, why does the rule not say that?

And lastly, I got a ban for abusing the dispute system when I simply used the dispute system to offered to epi the guy.

I don't even know what harm I caused, by missing a Titan, so how would it even be possible for me to comp the aggrieved party? I can't, because there is no aggrieved party. This is just saltiness and someone calling in a favor from a friend.

I reported some guys for using actual scripting (ESP, god mode, and aimbot), and I was told I did not have evidence. Well, it's true, I didn't. I was told to look at the evidence guidelines. Then two days later I get banned without the evidence guidelines being followed!

Edited by TheLowborn
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, TheLowborn said:

Just someone quote to me from the rule book what I am doing wrong.

Happily!

Is the Titan not being used 'in' an illegal area, because I am not in the illegal area?

• Chapter 13: Explosive Items
    • Titans may be used IN ILLEGAL AREAS (red zones)
  • Chapter 11: Red Zones / Illegal Areas
    • Red Zones are KOS

You are not inside of the illegal area, you are outside of the area. Your titan rocket was eventually inside of the illegal area, but the titan never was.

Why does the rule not say that, then? It is being used in the illegal area, because the target is in an illegal area.

This is just not how these words work. You are not inside the illegal area, you are using the titan outside of the illegal area. He is dying in the illegal area, under your logic, can he kill you because he is inside the illegal area? Even if you aren't? Or can he not, and only you can shoot in but he can't shoot out. None of this makes sense.

I am not breaking NLR because I am not in the NLR area. The NLR rule says do not enter the 1km radius around where you died. If you can't shoot into it, why does the rule not say that?

• Chapter 10: New Life Rule
    • If you die for any reason apart from dying by an Arma bug you may not return to that area for 15 minutes. (1 Kilometer from where you died)

When you shoot into the NLR zone from outside of it, you are returning to the zone. When you understand, or pay attention to,  the purpose behind these rules it becomes more clear. NLR is supposed to prevent people from returning to an area quickly and fighting after they die. This is for RP purposes, once you are dead there is a punishment and you can't return. If you can just shoot into the zone with a Titan, or a mar 10, or whatever, that would defeat the purpose of the rule. This is common sense, not every scenario is written down in the rules, particularly when they are very easy to infer from the text itself.

And lastly, I got a ban for abusing the dispute system when I simply used the dispute system to offered to epi the guy.

I agree that there is nothing in the rules explicitly saying not to do something like this, but it's sort of common sense. Disputes are meant for conversations about the server rules, not the game. I'm not sure why you offered him an epi with a dispute, if it was because you broke a rule and he died because of it I would think that's fine. But if you are using the dispute system for any in game conversation you couldn't otherwise have it's probably "dispute abuse". That said, I agree it's weird there aren't any rules about this anywhere (though it does sort of feel like Fail RP)

I don't even know what harm I caused, by missing a Titan, so how would it even be possible for me to comp the aggrieved party? I can't, because there is no aggrieved party. This is just saltiness and someone calling in a favor from a friend.

I saw your dispute, you showed a misunderstanding of the server rules and practically admitted to what we all saw in your video.

I reported some guys for using actual scripting (ESP, god mode, and aimbot), and I was told I did not have evidence. Well, it's true, I didn't. I was told to look at the evidence guidelines. Then two days later I get banned without the evidence guidelines being followed!

Sadly, you broke the rules in front of an admin. Admin's don't need documented evidence to ban players they have seen break the rules. Especially when their suspicions are confirmed by a confession. Next time, don't say exactly what you did unless you are certain you didn't break the rules.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, TheLowborn said:

Is the Titan not being used 'in' an illegal area, because I am not in the illegal area? Why does the rule not say that, then? It is being used in the illegal area, because the target is in an illegal area.

you are the dumbest cunt ive ever seen

the location you left click and fire the titan is the area where it is used fucktard

What did I confess? What evidence is there for any of this? This is the first time I have seen anyone banned without a video submitted.

The Titan didn't hit, how can it be Titan fail.

I wasn't in the NLR zone, how can it be breaking NLR.

I used the dispute system to offer him (actually his gang member, dontlookup) an epi after I killed him with a Protector inside Rebel. This is just kindness, not dispute abuse.

At the very minimum, re-write the rules to clear all these issues up. I have played for 5 years, seen the NLR message countless times, and it says "leave the area and do not return". If 'interacting with someone inside the NLR' is against the rule, add it to the rule!

Same with KOS zones. If you cannot shoot someone inside a KOS zone if you are not also in the KOS zone, add it to the rules.  Don't pretend that I am stupid and have never read the rules. NONE of what I am banned for is covered explicitly in the rules.

Want to know why? Because before the Titan,I killed one of TeamPlayers in rebel with a protector, and after the Titan, they still crashed the heli, and I typed "Oof" in side chat. That is why I got banned. Because they were embarrassed and salty.

• Clown 1
On 8/28/2024 at 5:08 AM, Poon said:

you are the dumbest cunt ive ever seen

the location you left click and fire the titan is the area where it is used fucktard

This implies I could enter a red zone  and fire a Titan at any one flying past. Which you can't. You wouldn't be using the Titan 'in the red zone'.

Or am I missing something.  If red zones are KOS how can anyone inside a red zone complain that you killed them? And for that matter, how would they ever be able to prove it? Thus I can only conclude this is not the rule as intended on Olympus.  People inside red zones are KOS, and you can shoot at them even if you happen to be outside the red zone. After they are engaged obviously they could shoot back (or if they see you preparing an ambush they could engage you with a message).

• Admin
46 minutes ago, TheLowborn said:

And for that matter, how would they ever be able to prove it?

Every kill has positions of the player killed and player killing logged so if there was a report with enough reason to believe they’re out of zone, it could be easily proven or disproved when staff handle the report. 

No horse in this race, just an FYI 🙂 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, TheLowborn said:

This implies I could enter a red zone  and fire a Titan at any one flying past. Which you can't. You wouldn't be using the Titan 'in the red zone'.

Or am I missing something.  If red zones are KOS how can anyone inside a red zone complain that you killed them? And for that matter, how would they ever be able to prove it? Thus I can only conclude this is not the rule as intended on Olympus.  People inside red zones are KOS, and you can shoot at them even if you happen to be outside the red zone. After they are engaged obviously they could shoot back (or if they see you preparing an ambush they could engage you with a message).

dont ever quote me faggot

• Like 1
On 8/31/2024 at 10:14 PM, Poon said:

dont ever quote me faggot

Did you just quote me?

On 8/31/2024 at 6:59 PM, -dante- said:

Every kill has positions of the player killed and player killing logged so if there was a report with enough reason to believe they’re out of zone, it could be easily proven or disproved when staff handle the report. 

No horse in this race, just an FYI 🙂 

Yep, thanks for clearing this up, because I was killed with aimbot about 2 weeks ago and I reported it without a video clip (video clip would have just showed me dying randomly, with no sound of gunshots even, inside a building) and I figured it they looked at the logs it would show that the guy who got the kill was probably 6 km away (Kavala chop shop, and I was at Athira rebel) but admins didn't even look at it.

Or at least they didn't tell me what the logs showed.

In this case there was no kill, and no video submitted against me.

• Clown 1