Real Life Vs Combat log

Can we come up with a rule that people can't keep you in game by emailing hands up or die every 5 mins to keep you from login out. I feel if they where not able to kill  you (or get what they want) in ie 15 - 30 mins then they can't spam you hands up or die any more. I sometimes like to jump on in the morning before I go to work and try to make some money or something. As of now people can chase you until server restart and that could be up to 4 hrs. It's not really fair to keep someone engaged when you can't even see them to really know they are near you or not. I don't want to lose my gear and I don't want to lose my job :-)

Sometimes I feel they just stay a little out of site where they can see you (and be safe) but you cant see them and then when you store they say HA!!!! GG Sucker!!!! Nice Combat Store!!!! I got all that on my GO PRO!!! Have a nice Vaca!!!

Ex) 3  people chasing after 1 guys... everyone in helis. The 3 guys texting land or die every 5 mins. and you think you got away you can't even see them anymore. Then you land and you still get text and you still don't see them.  When can you store and log off? I would like to know if I need to get off for real life stuff, that I can at some point, and not be held hostage by the game rules the way they are now. Even when held hostage you can only be held for 15 mins.

I don't know guys what do you think. Has anyone else come across this problem. I have work and some of you must have school or homework or your mom says stop playing!!!! You can't very well go back to them and say I was in an epic battle for 3 hrs.... then the  guys chasing me, crashed and burned and I made it out with all my drugs.... And next thing you know, you're getting drug tested at work/school.

I also think if they are spamming every 5 mins I feel they should send you some type of prof that they have eyes on you. " see you at the market in Kavala". So you know that they are near and not just texting from Pygros.

one more thought... something like if you send a hands up or die and not engaged that whole time then you cant send another text for 15 mins.

My personal opinion is if they can't catch you before you store your vehicle then that is their problem. I know it's against the rules to combat store vehicles but like lordore said, if you recieve messages and the guy's trying to steal your vehicle aren't even close to you then how is someone supposed to know if they are truly engaged in the situation or not? I would understand if there were multiple guy's with guns shooting at said person, but it seems more often than not that people fly around in Orca's trying to rob people by texting them which isn't the most affective idea.

Depending on the situation you would have to use your own judgement. If they are taking shots at you then it probably isn't the wisest decision to store your vehicle. If they are sending you messages and the thieves aren't in your vicinity then I wouldn't see storing a vehicle as a problem.

Edited by Tman15tmb
  • Like 1

As it was in the past if they sent you a message then it started the 5 minute timer. if no shots were fired or a real threat was shown then the timer keeps counting down. It was done this way to prevent people from doing just what your explaining. Basically if someone is just sending you text message but haven't even attempted to fire at you then once 5 minutes are up you can store a vehicle even if they are hovering right above your head.

So if someone doesn't shoot your vehicle, you can store it. And it's not combat logging, no matter how many messages you get

That is how the rules have been in the past. Now of course I can't say if it has been changed or not since I stepped down.

I believe that rule changed when they made firing from heli's possible?  Used to be you have to lose sight of them for 5 mins.  Now, If they're above you, but you don't get shot at for  5 mins, it's not really a threat so you can store?  I believe anyway!  

I do recall a post stating that if a person is not a threat to you in anyway, and 5 minutes is up you can store it. I believe the specific example was an Orca flying around you, which can't be shot out of.