APD Idea?

Natsirt

ADD THIS?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. ADD THIS?

• Keep the same
    • chane

So, all the cops just look at ur name, cause ur name is above your head, obviously, for rp sakes I say the cops can only see their own's names and they can't see civilians names, because what they do is just say oh, i'm going to do a DNA test or a facial recognition, but if the person in custody is rping, saying I don't have DNA, or my face is fake and stupid stuff like that, the cops just deny that it's fake and just call u by ur name, in recent RP sessions I have done this and it never works, even if the RP is actually releveant. For them to have to find ur name they have to do something other than just look at your name, check ur licenses or something, I think if the cops could not see the civilians names RP sessions would be how they should be, confirmed or not? Just an opinion and this would help the whole server with RP.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

So, how would I text someone or engage RP with them if I couldn't see their name?

Secondly, if you see cops RP with you with ridiculous RP like facial recognition scanners or something like that, let the senior APD know. Cops should be roleplaying, not coming up with technology that identifies everybody in the process of 5 seconds.

deadhorse.gif

Example of good RP.  Cop pulls you over for speeding and you actually stop without immediately opening fire.  You talk, get a few tickets, and are released.  Or, it is discovered that you have warrants and you get arrested and transported for booking.

Shit RP.  Cop attempts to stop culprit and culprit runs every single time.  When caught the culprit bitches up a storm, or comes up with worlds longest, dumbest story,   Then, goes ham when cop issues ticket for full amount because the culprit did not cooperate and provided no real account to even consider reducing charges.  

RP goes both ways.  gotta give good RP to get good RP.

• Like 5

natsirt with all do respect but in the last month i have seen post after post about suggestions and such with rp and apd and it got where????? this is a thing that will never be to anyones likeing or suggestons to make it work. just lettin u bknow

I myself facepalm because of your stupidity

uQWd4ox.gif%E2%80%8B

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

its ok benjamin i facepalm to ur age. now since u know so much advise us oh the one with so much wisdom with so little age when did u see the rp change for the better?????? come wise one tell us.. fact is ,, if u did then u wouldnt see posts about rp now would you little brain one. now sit down and learn that rp and soome will never happen.

How do you expect a cop to RP after a pursuit or fire fight?  Just curious as to what you consider RP?

Think about what your asking.  Your asking for it to be more difficult for cops to identify you.  Its already difficult enough to catch someone that does not want to get caught, and does not troll the police.  Part of the fun of the game is the risk of getting caught and the thrill of the chase.  If people would simply game the way it was meant to be played theywould have a blast.  You win some and you lose some.  Thats a part of the spirit of the game, and thats also life.  At the end of the day you decide what kind of RP your going to get from Arma 3.  If its unbearable for you stop committing crimes and do legal stuff.  APD generally dont mess with people that are not wanted.

• Like 4

So, all the cops just look at ur name, cause ur name is above your head, obviously, for rp sakes I say the cops can only see their own's names and they can't see civilians names, because what they do is just say oh, i'm going to do a DNA test or a facial recognition, but if the person in custody is rping, saying I don't have DNA, or my face is fake and stupid stuff like that, the cops just deny that it's fake and just call u by ur name, in recent RP sessions I have done this and it never works, even if the RP is actually releveant. For them to have to find ur name they have to do something other than just look at your name, check ur licenses or something, I think if the cops could not see the civilians names RP sessions would be how they should be, confirmed or not? Just an opinion and this would help the whole server with RP.

because in Altis, people are born without DNA and dont have a real face. ;D Just messin with ya but I think it would be rather hard for someone to convince people that you just "dont have DNA." Also might help to try to explain more instead of just repeatedly shouting "No i'm an alien so i dont have a face, I am an illegal immigrant too!!" over and over again. I was in a tower trying to listen to the conversation you guys were having and I could not really hear my fellow officer over you screaming those too things XD

I don't care about how hard it is finding us or if it's easy, I can care less, what i'm saying is, when you try and roleplay with ANY cop and your bounty is not $350 for an assault they will deny your rp and just read the name over ur head, saying we did a DNA test or something stupid when we said we have no dna, what i'm saying is when I try to RP with ANY fucking cop they will not rp back in a sense they should. I can also say my name is something else and they still deny it and call me the name it says above my head. I think you should be able to tilda our names but when you're in range to see the civilians name you shouldn't be able to see it is what i'm trying to say @mcdildo.

For starters w/ your "no DNA" RP... if you didn't have DNA, your cells would never be created as by Miosis or Mitosis. So keeping that in mind if you lose all your DNA you wont have anything to code for all your proteins, hormones, enzymes, body cells, nothing. You would definitely die. However, it is impossible to lose your DNA, only to change it, in which case, it would be a genetic mutation. Time to get deputies to jerk off my criminals to get some fresh samples of DNA :D

• Like 1

Cops need to have PC to contact you.  If you commit a crime, mess around in illegal areas, or a cop sees you driving and you're wanted they can stop you.  If cops are not following those guide lines then simply report them.  If your legally stopped and you have a huge bounty it likely means you have committed a lot of crimes.  Most of the crimes you commit are against other civs, which adversely effects them.  Cops exist to deter crime.  If you get caught and processed you are being punished.  Cops shouldn't be influenced or care about your story unless your actually providing an accurate story or proof that exonerates you of a crime.

• Like 1

i mean if we do this we might as well make it so you have to ask for my badge number and name so you can report me after i robo cop you for bitching about me knowing your name

lets say a good cop tried pull you over ( someone you know who will rp) or tell you hands up or it could be any cop if you sit there and comply and don't shoot at them or run the chances of you getting a reduced ticket or pardon or more rp is a lot higher instead of shoot first get caught than you want to rp now that your fucked.

• Like 1

its ok benjamin i facepalm to ur age. now since u know so much advise us oh the one with so much wisdom with so little age when did u see the rp change for the better?????? come wise one tell us.. fact is ,, if u did then u wouldnt see posts about rp now would you little brain one. now sit down and learn that "rp and soome will never happen."

I cringe at your inability to write English, but RP is almost never given from a APD Officer, Medic or Civ if the person that they're talking to doesn't RP to. RP goes both ways, you can't just not RP and expect to get RP in return. If you want to see more RP, then RP more yourself. Don't just complain, its just a snowball constantly rolling down a hill getting bigger and bigger. And your wrong about "rp and soome will never happen." RP is everywhere, you just have to RP yourself...... Little Brain :P

• Head Admin

What this would boil down to though is civs simply wont give their name RP or not meaning there is no way for cops to process anyone cause we have no verifiable way to identify someone.  People who cant be identified are sent to jail creating yet another thing for people to cry about on the forums.

APD could give reach arounds and reduced tickets for days and civs would still cry rivers.

• Like 5

think of it logically its impossible to not have dna. maybe a more original story ive heard it more times than i can count. i have no dna or my dna switches constantly. you would not be able to survive if it switched so much. every being or person on the planet needs dna to live .... it doesnt matter what cops do to rp people still rage at you anyway ive encountered it plenty of times even reducing tickets .... it speaks for itself

Show me anywhere in the handbook this is stated.

ANYWHERE that it's stated.

1. Definition of Probable Cause
    1. Probable cause is defined as reasonable grounds to conduct a search or make an arrest.
    2. Reasonable cause can be physical evidence or eyewitness account of a violation of a law by an officer.
  2. Examples of Probable Cause
    1. Officer witnessing a suspect or vehicle within an illegal area.
    2. Officer sees an illegal weapon.
    3. Officer sees a suspect or vehicle leaving from within an illegal area.
    4. Officer sees or hears a suspect conducting illegal activities (e.g. robbery, auto theft,  drug dealing, making terroristic threats or other threats of violence.)
    5. Officer sees a civilian in possession of a TRG20 or ACP-C2 (Provides Probable Cause only to Check Licenses).
  3. Eyewitness Accounts
    1. Eyewitness accounts by civilians is not considered actionable evidence or probable cause.
    2. An eyewitness account by another officer relayed through voice communications can serve as probable cause.
  • Like 1

1. Definition of Probable Cause
    1. Probable cause is defined as reasonable grounds to conduct a search or make an arrest.
    2. Reasonable cause can be physical evidence or eyewitness account of a violation of a law by an officer.
  2. Examples of Probable Cause
    1. Officer witnessing a suspect or vehicle within an illegal area.
    2. Officer sees an illegal weapon.
    3. Officer sees a suspect or vehicle leaving from within an illegal area.
    4. Officer sees or hears a suspect conducting illegal activities (e.g. robbery, auto theft,  drug dealing, making terroristic threats or other threats of violence.)
    5. Officer sees a civilian in possession of a TRG20 or ACP-C2 (Provides Probable Cause only to Check Licenses).
  3. Eyewitness Accounts
    1. Eyewitness accounts by civilians is not considered actionable evidence or probable cause.
    2. An eyewitness account by another officer relayed through voice communications can serve as probable cause.

To be fair Muth, you said cops need to have PC to CONTACT you, not yo search you. By saying contact, you're saying we can't even talk to them in town without PC.

Secondly, if you see cops RP with you with ridiculous RP like facial recognition scanners or something like that, let the senior APD know. Cops should be roleplaying, not coming up with technology that identifies everybody in the process of 5 seconds.

So I can't use my newly acquired Tilde3000 glasses to identify people? :(

To be fair Muth, you said cops need to have PC to CONTACT you, not yo search you. By saying contact, you're saying we can't even talk to them in town without PC.

So I can't use my newly acquired Tilde3000 glasses to identify people? :(

Well I guess my outlook on it, as is in real life, is that you can talk to anyone you want anytime.  However, to legally detain them, and keep them from leaving, you need probable cause.  So for example.  If you strike up a convo with a random Kavala troll that is walking around and the troll just walks away.  You can not detain them because you do not have PC, even if they are a wanted criminal.  If the same troll is in Kavala and they do something illegal or are driving a vehicle then game on. Thats my outlook anyways.  Who knows, maybe I am wrong?

• Admin

McDili.  Please share the way you RP with someone to get their name.  To be honest there is only so much we can come up with in order to get someones name.  I have had to convince people to accept my way of identifying them.  I am good at RP but you know that CIVS come up with the same excuses all the time for their name.  So if not a scanner and/or DNA test etc etc what else are officers going to use? I am currently using one that has worked lately because the CIVS have not been salty but yesterday I spent a while trying to get someones name and the session lasted too long.  

I like this tilde guideline don't get me wrong.  But we need your input.  We need your ways of doing this because you know how you can spent 20 minutes with some complaining about magically not having a name.  We need to be able to play our roles and the more we cater to the CIVS side at least in the identification process the more frustrating it can get sometimes because like I said, there is so much we can do while still following the guideline.  In fact this might be the reason some cops are not as active. 

And also, the CIVS get salty when caught doing ILLEGAL things.  I RP all the time but how about you accept your losses and also provide good RP ( NOT THE I MAGICALLY DON'T HAVE A NAME LAME EXCUSE ).  If you do this, I promise you we will have a hell of a time... I might even let you keep that "HUNTING RIFLE".  :) 

BUMP