7.02.00 discussion thread

I really like the smell of the hype train revving its engines up, even if it hasn't left the station.  :D

New medic stuff is amazing - SUV makes so much more sense than the unresponsive, failure-prone offroad.  Delivery missions are great.  New APD uniforms look great (no more jeans).  

I *think* I'm getting more frames too.  

gotta say. despite the few problems with this update *cough* Sgt Uniforms *cough* (yes ghostface I know you love it),  I think we are all SUPER pumped up about the changes that are about to start rolling out and are so happy to see such progress start to be made.  Besides that my frames are just as good as they ever were so no problems there on my end.

• Admin

I am getting about 40% less FPS on server 1 with 100 minutes until server restart.  Server 2 works perfectly, there is seriously something wrong there. 

Last night I was processing someone on cop, they were not talking to me so I had to just go through the list and he was sent to jail. I realized after he was sent to jail why he wasn't talking. When he was sent his body became invisible he started answering all my questions and then his name disappeared. The server was so lagged that he wasn't able to talk to me. And my FPS has gone from 60 to 30-40. The changes that were made with extDB2 have really hurt the server. Also sometimes it will freeze and my car will unfreeze and I'll be like 500m from where I was previously.

I like the new uniforms. i Think they look very professional. Although i do miss my red stripe :-( As for my frames. Since the update on server  2. i have been having a hard time running smooth. ill get a nice 20 min of game play at my normal 60 frames. Than it all goes down hill from there. Last night a perfect example. On the ground i couldnt see more than 35 to 40 frames. with constant lag spikes making a combat situation near impossible. And while on a heli patrol. i couldnt get above 20 frames with lag spikes. While i was streaming and recording for the fed and after the fed. i literally didnt see anything more than 10 to 12 frames. Normally i sit about 50 when i am streaming and recording. It might very well be my computer. but i dont think so. Before the update i ran perfect.

my current specs are:

i7 3770k 

12 gb ram

asus geforce gtx 770 directcu 2

2 tb hd