Jump to content
Olympus Entertainment - Presidents Day Price Match ×

Cops/Medics at cartels: Poll


Guest G.O.A.T.

Cops/Medics at cartels  

49 members have voted

  1. 1. Should cops not be allowed to enter a cartel unless they follow a wanted criminal into said cartel?

    • Not Allowed, unless followed in.
      35
    • Allowed to patrol at any time.
      14


Recommended Posts

Guest G.O.A.T.

In light of recent events, I propose that in order for cops to enter a cartel they need to FOLLOW a wanted criminal into the cartel (basically same rules of engagement as old warzone).

Medics shouldn't be allowed in cartels unless taken hostage.

There should be no reason for cops to be patrolling or engaging at a cartel, those are reserved for civs.

Link to comment

I'm not a fan of your all or nothing approach. If we applied Rebel Raiding guidelines to cartels, then I'd be in favor of it. However, it should be noted that cartels didn't exist before the wipe and there wasn't a problem. I'll not be voting as it's currently all or nothing.

Link to comment

why should it be that way. A place so you can hide with no risk of being caught by the police. Seems a little silly if you ask me. When the warzone was still around, it was extremely annoying as cop to go into it. If you got killed. no matter what was there or what you drove/flew into there. it was a lost cause. Everyone would hide in warzone there for leaving the apd chasing Taxi Marty around Kavala counting all his assults he gets. Now that things are the way they are. Cops have more to do besides sit around. Why should you be able to go out and kill a million people and run away to a place no one can get you. Learn to be more tactical. 

  • Downvote 2
Link to comment

I guess nobody noticed that the handbook has already been updated.

 

Officers may only enter Rebel outposts or Cartel areas when:

  1. There is a Sergeant or higher in the group.
  2. At least 3 officers in the squad.
  3. Must have lights and sirens on while entering.

 

 

 

Link to comment
Guest G.O.A.T.
13 minutes ago, McDili said:

I guess nobody noticed that the handbook has already been updated.

 

Officers may only enter Rebel outposts or Cartel areas when:

  1. There is a Sergeant or higher in the group.
  2. At least 3 officers in the squad.
  3. Must have lights and sirens on while entering.

 

 

 

Nope I noticed it, and disagree with it. Cops should not be fighting a cartel. That logic is ass backwards. I am all for having to to where if you are in a pursuit of a criminal and he/she leads you into a cartel   you are able to follow them.

Link to comment
Just now, BobbyShmurda said:

Nope I noticed it, and disagree with it. Cops should not be fighting a cartel. That logic is ass backwards. I am all for having to to where if you are in a pursuit of a criminal and he/she leads you into a cartel   you are able to follow them.

Why would people be immune to the ALTIS Police department, in places that are in ALTIS?

 

That's just silly. It has NEVER been a problem before, now you're just accustomed to the warzone. Stop whining and fight. 

Link to comment
Guest G.O.A.T.

Maybe I could rephrase it like this: if you follow a rebel into a cartel and die you are able to respond in waves. I just don't like the idea of cops being able to go to a cartel all willy-nilly (as morporal coob says). 

Link to comment
1 minute ago, BobbyShmurda said:

Maybe I could rephrase it like this: if you follow a rebel into a cartel and die you are able to respond in waves. I just don't like the idea of cops being able to go to a cartel all willy-nilly (as morporal coob says). 

Just like Rebel raids, Cartel raids shouldn't be done just for the sake of patrolling it. Rebel raids typically occur only when we follow rebels there or have reasonable suspicion that rebels have fled to the rebel outpost.

 

There has been SGT's in the past who patrolled rebel outposts willy nilly. They are not SGTs anymore.

Link to comment
Guest G.O.A.T.
Just now, McDili said:

Just like Rebel raids, Cartel raids shouldn't be done just for the sake of patrolling it. Rebel raids typically occur only when we follow rebels there or have reasonable suspicion that rebels have fled to the rebel outpost.

 

There has been SGT's in the past who patrolled rebel outposts willy nilly. They are not SGTs anymore.

APD do not belong at cartels unless they follow suspects in. Simple as that. The 'reasonable suspicion' piece you put in there will generally equate to "HEY SGT I JUST SAW THE CARTEL GOING FROM VELOCITY TO MC (or vice versa) LETS GO RAID IT BECAUSE WE *LITERALLY* HAVE NOTHING TO LOSE BESIDES OUR DIGNITY!"

Link to comment
Guest G.O.A.T.

My point here is not to bash cops it's more so a thing that civs need to be able to do atleast 1 thing without the guarantee of cop intervention, after all rebels don't want to kill cops all day long, we'd actually like to be able to fight each other at designated locations (AKA CARTELS) instead of having to fight in the middle of Pyrgos, Kavala, Sofia, etc.

Link to comment
1 hour ago, BobbyShmurda said:

My point here is not to bash cops it's more so a thing that civs need to be able to do atleast 1 thing without the guarantee of cop intervention

It's called Legal.

 

Civs have never needed anything like Warzone before and again, it's never been an issue before. This is just another case of civs whining. Plenty of rebel vs rebel fights happened before the warzone existed. It happened a lot. At rebel outposts, random fields, terminal, drug runs, etc. Rebels didn't need a warzone to fight other rebels before. You don't need one now. Just suck it up.

 

Senior APD shouldn't be patrolling cartels just because the name changes on the map. 

Link to comment
1 hour ago, McDili said:

Why would people be immune to the ALTIS Police department, in places that are in ALTIS?

 

That's just silly.

Ever heard of the ''No-go'' Areas in Belfast and Londonderry During the lates 60's and early 70's in Belfast. where the RUC (The police force) Were NOT allowed to patrol in the IRA Stronghold areas, as it was defined ''Too much of a risk'' well. I picture cartels to carry much more violence that our ''No-go'' areas. Even the British Army weren't allowed to patrol there. CHEQUEM8

  • Like 2
Link to comment
2 minutes ago, Corporal_moob said:

Ever heard of the ''No-go'' Areas in Belfast and Londonderry During the lates 60's and early 70's in Belfast. where the RUC (The police force) Were NOT allowed to patrol in the IRA Stronghold areas, as it was defined ''Too much of a risk'' well. I picture cartels to carry much more violence that our ''No-go'' areas. Even the British Army weren't allowed to patrol there. CHEQUEM8

I applaud your real life reference. I know the same situation still exists in Mexico in regards to the Mexican cartels. Police get bribed. Police who don't accept the bribes get killed. Police don't go to certain areas because the cartels will slaughter them. The police forces just aren't equipped to deal with that kind of organized criminal/military activity.

 

But this is a game, and its meant to be fun. And it really isn't fun for APD if our only rebel interactions come from jails, feds, and rebel raids. These things can be fun but they get repetitive. The warzone was great for civs but it really just detracted from APD and R&R. APD and R&R simply couldn't access a major part of the game that had a lot of high activity.

 

People that died a lot didn't get to receive R&R assistance. While this might have been fine for the civs, that negatively affected the R&R faction. The rest of the map had people not really dying because the majority of the rebel population were killing each other in an unreachable place.

This negatively affected APD because all the activity was in an unreachable place. While it's not accurate to say "Nothing was going on.", something was indeed going on but APD weren't allowed to participate.

This had an effect on civs not participating in the warzone as well. The ideal of the warzone was that small time civs could do drug runs while the big time civs fought over warzone. What happened on paper is that the cops were left unchallenged and just caught up all the small time civs doing runs. 

 

You are big time rebels. You're going to attract police. That's just the nature of being a rebel. You can't just kick the other factions out of certain parts of the game because you like it better that way. This is an RP server. Wasteland and KOTH exist for those who wanna just fight 100% of the time without any outside interference.

 

 

Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy.