What civs want

4 minutes ago, McDili said:

That sounds silly just have a long cooldown on it. Otherwise you'll just get executed all the time and make another thread about how defibs are useless.

It's a tradeoff.  If you play by yourself and put yourself in a shit spot/situation you're gonna get executed and you won't get revived.  It sounds bad, but it doesn't ruin big gang fights like everyone thinks it will.  The only problem I see is how it will sway civ/cop engagements at feds/jails.  If they apply defib cooldowns to the defibs and some kind of debuff where you cannot be revived again if you die 5-10 minutes after you're defibbed once.  It may work.  It all depends on what Poseidon adds to it if it gets enough 

1 hour ago, Huskers said:

Well you seen Dilli heres the thing with it only making defibs a 5 minute cool down this is where you have executing someone if you kill them when they are dead so they cannot be defib

orrrrrrrrr. make it so that the defib is a 1 time use, and change the cooldown to 10 minutes

19 minutes ago, babooshka said:

It's a tradeoff.  If you play by yourself and put yourself in a shit spot/situation you're gonna get executed and you won't get revived.  It sounds bad, but it doesn't ruin big gang fights like everyone thinks it will.  The only problem I see is how it will sway civ/cop engagements at feds/jails.  If they apply defib cooldowns to the defibs and some kind of debuff where you cannot be revived again if you die 5-10 minutes after you're defibbed once.  It may work.  It all depends on what Poseidon adds to it if it gets enough 

Long cooldowns just fit in better, ESPECIALLY when you consider APD vs Civ. Obviously since I play APD more, defibs with 5-10 minute cooldowns means lethals are useless at feds/jails and that would really put them in favor of civs by a large margin.

We've seen how it is when a medic is hostage at a fed/jail and how lethals become useless. At least a medic can be tazed and taken out of the situation, whereas with defibs we have to down every civ in the fight either within 5 minutes or at the very least, in the one wave with lethals. If we don't, everyone gets revived as the wave comes to an end. 

The reason why I'm hesitant is because APD win mainly by attrition since obviously, APD have infinite resources. Defibs with a short cooldown essentially negate the main advantage the APD has. We'd have to wipe a gang in a wave or bust. Especially if you consider feds and jails the cops would be hardpressed to get close enough to execute anybody.

Defibs are too OP. How did a random rebel or a cop all of a sudden learn all the skills that a medic has to revive a person, stabilize them, and heal them enough to where they can run and gun again? Realistically, paramedics only stabilize you and take you a hospital where a team of doctors works on you. And even this takes about a year and a half of schooling.

IF Defibs are instituted, it should be like the old stolen kidney effect. You can move around, but your sight is shit. Layperson defibs would never get you back to anywhere near 100%

• Like 1

There needs to be an execute feature added. I am sick of having to camp dead bodies just to ensure medics do not revive somebody. It seriously ruins the experience knowing that the fact you killed somebody only cost them 10K and their Y inventory (which is sometimes recovered). If I kill somebody and can get to their body scroll wheel execute or windows key execute would be nice to prevent them from being revived.

Medics main role should be in reviving people involved in accidents i.e helicopter crashes, falls, car crashes, bugs (getting arma'd) or random explosions. It's pretty silly that someone you kill with a weapon and unload on can somehow be revived within the 15 minute window. An execute feature is a much needed change to prevent endless battles occurring with medics reviving tons of people.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Virus said:

There needs to be an execute feature added. I am sick of having to camp dead bodies just to ensure medics do not revive somebody. It seriously ruins the experience knowing that the fact you killed somebody only cost them 10K and their Y inventory (which is sometimes recovered). If I kill somebody and can get to their body scroll wheel execute or windows key execute would be nice to prevent them from being revived.

Even camping their bodies doesn't work if the dead guy waits long enough. The medic will just come when you leave. The way it is now you could never lose a gear set if you just wait for a medic long enough.

2 hours ago, McDili said:

Long cooldowns just fit in better, ESPECIALLY when you consider APD vs Civ. Obviously since I play APD more, defibs with 5-10 minute cooldowns means lethals are useless at feds/jails and that would really put them in favor of civs by a large margin.

We've seen how it is when a medic is hostage at a fed/jail and how lethals become useless. At least a medic can be tazed and taken out of the situation, whereas with defibs we have to down every civ in the fight either within 5 minutes or at the very least, in the one wave with lethals. If we don't, everyone gets revived as the wave comes to an end. 

The reason why I'm hesitant is because APD win mainly by attrition since obviously, APD have infinite resources. Defibs with a short cooldown essentially negate the main advantage the APD has. We'd have to wipe a gang in a wave or bust. Especially if you consider feds and jails the cops would be hardpressed to get close enough to execute anybody.

That's true, but honestly, 10 minutes for a cooldown is a LOT of time given how close the major cop vs civ engagements are to HQ.  Most of the time, the APD is quick to return for the next wave (Jail is 700m from HQ lol)  I think if this does get implemented, there will need to be a timer where after 5 minutes, you essentially "bleed out" and are forced to respawn.  Obviously the timer is interchangeable, but defibs will be way too OP if there isn't a timer counting down.

This will obviously need a LOT of refining but I think in some way it could be feasible if it's done right.  Blood bags are kind of a no brainer honestly, 75hp sway is really bad even with zero fatigue.  And an execute feature would be awesome.

The only reason this post is here is because a medic refused to revive him. 

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▌───────────────────────────────▐
▌█▀█─█─█─▀█▀─▀█▀─█─█─█─█─█▀█─▀█▀▐
▌█▀▄─█─█──█───█──█▀█─█─█─█▀▄──█─▐
▌▀▀▀─▀▀▀──▀───▀──▀─▀─▀▀▀─▀─▀──▀─▐
▌───────────────────────────────▐
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
───────────────██
───────────────██
───────────────██
───────────────██
───────────────██
───────────────██
───────────────██
───────────────██
───────────────██
───────────────██
───────────────██
───────────────██
Edited by Colton
  • Admin

A medics job cannot only consist of reviving small time people who died in car crashes etc. The medic is for everything. The blood bag is a wonderful idea. An execute option? Everyone will just execute more than 50% of the time in close quarters combat and render the medics useless. I would say R&R should have a meeting to discuss the pros and cons about all of these ideas. 

And no MK1's for civs. 

A medics job consist of everything yes, but keep in mind that we have to follow a specific list when someone requests.. If a small time player dies and request before a major gang does and there is like 10 requests in the same area, i'm not gonna tell the small time player that i am going to have to leave him hanging cause a big gang is requesting... Several times i get the "you are garbage because i revive after who requests first and then second and so on.. We are on duty to save everyone, but when there is 10 - 20 calls going on and several people getting pissed cause we don't get them first cause they have to wait until the people that have been waiting longer gets revived, you don't know how much abuse we actually get from civs, including civs that are members of R&R and should know that sometimes we can't get them all.. 

I have gotten messages like " i am the worst medic cause someone body sank" when we are runned over by requests, and also in between people takes us hostage wich delayes the revive even more but yet that blame falls on us instead of the hostage taker..

My suggestion is if someone wanted to put in civ defib's is to have the execute option. If a rebel is downed then you can defib them every 10-15 minutes which would be 2-3 fed/jail waves. But you can execute them which would only allow medics to revive instead of defibs. Maybe after 5 mins of execute, give or take a few, the person is then dead and forced to respawn. Then there are bloodbags, defibs, and executing all monitored.

1. Refill mag option: We need to be able to refill our magazines now that the glitch is gone, make it cost like 10k?

2. RGO Pricing: I hardly ever see anyone using these (they are 50k) i think they should be brought down to 30 to make them more viable for what they are, with bloodbags and now mag refill gone loadouts have gotten quite more expensive.

3. Make bloodbags 5k: 10k is just a little to much...

4. 50 cal refil? So we dont have to store and pull it back out. (SAME FOR GHAWK)

Defibs...

Lately you have to wait almost 10 minutes for a revive! The server has been full to the brim and often times medics are completely swamped with calls. During active engagments per the new rules if you request medic they are usually shot and killed or told to fly away. I don't think that defibs will take away from the medic workload basically because of how busy they have been lately. If you make them cost 20k (twice a medic revive and one time use) it will make people think twice before using one, and make them request medic. But say the situation is dire, and moob dies while fighting. We dont have time to request a medic a combat revive can be clutch and useful. Just my 2 cents.

On 12/16/2015 at 3:45 PM, Deimos said:

The maximum number of medics I have ever seen on at one time was 3. Usually there is 1-2, sometimes none. The reason for this is because medic is whitelist only and you have to remember a book full of rules.

the other day there were 6 medics on each server