What civs want

Ok so the past few weeks I have been realizing more and more how shit some of these medics are lately and when I say this, this doesn't apply for all medics because some medics actually do their job. Recently medics have been taking 10 years to get to you and it is rather frustrating because your body just sinks to the ground. So basically the point of this post and I know it has been brought up before but really think about it because blood bags and defibs would be a really good asset to this community for both cops and civilians. The blood bags would simply just get your health back to 100 because when you soft log now you cannot get 100 health back and the defibs would be simply to revive your gang member or your fellow officer and the way you should make them work is if you die and you have been defib you cannot be revived again for 5 minutes. This just simply would make the fights a lot better and since this is a rebel based server listen to the community and what they actually want because it really is a good idea the only reason people are throwing this idea down the drain is because they say medic cannot do their job but medic will still be able to do their job and lets be honest here more than half of the medics on this server are just a bunch of trolls anyway. Some thoughts on how people feel about this I don't want this to turn into a roast fest just my opinion and how I feel. Thank you

• Like 10
  • Downvote 2
59 minutes ago, Huskers said:

more than half of the medics on this server are just a bunch of trolls anyway

59 minutes ago, Huskers said:

I don't want this to turn into a roast fest just my opinion

"You're ugly, no offense."

People say medic will be useless if they add bloodbags and defibs. Here is why they are wrong.

The maximum number of medics I have ever seen on at one time was 3. Usually there is 1-2, sometimes none. The reason for this is because medic is whitelist only and you have to remember a book full of rules.

The only people that will be defibing each other are the gangs. There is still going to be people that don't have someone who can defib them and they will need a revive by a medic. 

"if you need 100 health just get a medic to come heal you." Maybe if there was more then 1 or 2 medics on. Medic are busy reviving people they don't have time to come to the fed or jail break or where ever to just heal players."So kidnap them." Then other players on the server won't get revives.

• Like 3
8 minutes ago, Adi said:

Bloodbags would be cool, but honestly, the idea of gang members reviving each other mid gun fight is horrible.

That's why you put a timer after you have been revived once, so you can't get revived 5 times in 5 mins. Also and execute option would be nice. But it's really not bad, say you have 5 guys fighting and one dies. You then have to have 1 guy go and revive him which puts him at risk because he has to go through the animation of the revive and you now only have 3 people fighting until the other guy is revived.

Edited by Deimos
27 minutes ago, Deimos said:

The maximum number of medics I have ever seen on at one time was 3. Usually there is 1-2, sometimes none. The reason for this is because medic is whitelist only and you have to remember a book full of rules.

1.  This is totally why there are never more than 3 APD online

2.  If you've never seen more than 3 medics on a server, you haven't been playing very long.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 2
3 minutes ago, Ozzy Jones said:

1.  This is totally why there are never more than 3 APD online

2.  If you've never seen more than 3 medics on a server, you haven't been playing very long.

1. APD and medic are 100% different. Medic is boring(My opinion but many people would agree) . Not many people want to go through the trouble of being whitelisted just to revive people.

2. I was slightly exaggerating. I'm sure i have seen more than 3 medic online i just don't remember seeing that anytime in the last 2 months.

Edited by Deimos
55 minutes ago, pHunter said:

and use , ( comma ) :rolleyes:

Why is the server a " rebel based " server ? Lets change it and be nice to each other.

Medic rules need to be more enforced, and we need more active medics. The reason we don't have much medics is because of the lack of development, lack of upgrading and the lack of adding new features that the R&R can use. R&R is nothing anymore. If they add something, they take away more than they add. That's what I see in the updates for R&R nowadays. But btw, I personally think that medics should get 15 or 20k from revives, but make it so that the person getting revived only has to pay 10k.

1 minute ago, Benjamin Remer said:

Medic rules need to be more enforced, and we need more active medics. The reason we don't have much medics is because of the lack of development, lack up upgrading and the lack of adding new features that the R&R can use. R&R is nothing anymore. If they add something, they take away more than they add. That's what I see in the updates for R&R nowadays. But btw, I personally think that medics should get 15 or 20k from revives, but make it so that the person getting revived only has to pay 10k.

The reason poseidon made it 10k payout for the medic and 10k fee for the player revived is so money isn't spawned into the server. If it were 15k payout for medic and 10k fee for civ then every time a player is revived 5k is added to the server that didn't exist before.

Lets face it, medics are almost never used or called into a fight between rebels. Hell they are barley used by the cops. Most medics usually are either sitting in kavala or reviving randoms across the map. I don't think that defibrillators if used in fights between gangs, would negatively affect the traffic that medics receive on the server. if defibs are added to the server they should have a very long cool down, something like 30+ min, this would encourage people to request a medic in most situations when they die, someone smart would save their defib cooldown for something more important and urgent like while fighting an opposing gang.

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, Adi said:

Bloodbags would be cool, but honestly, the idea of gang members reviving each other mid gun fight is horrible.

I would say defibbig should be a lengthy process. Shouldn't be quick so let's say your fighting u can't just easily revive a teammate you would have to do it tactically and also have someone covering you and it should be fairly expensive

Maybe make it so reviving someone with defibs is painfully slow? Like a 3 or so minute animation. That would get rid of the risk of having gangs just revive each other mid fight. Might be a stupid idea but just my opinoin

My idea to make medics have better response times is to have military-like rescue centers for them to spawn at in the two more remote areas of the map that are much harder to get to. These places can also double as places civilians can get healed to 100% and could even sell defibs. Defibs would need to be expensive and probably have a longer animation then your standard revive also.

However, how are you supposed to revive someone? would there be like a 'request group revive' button on the death screen or something? because even as a medic right now you can *only* revive people who have requested it. Requesting a standard medic response to get group revived wouldn't work either as it'd call a medic at the same time. As good as the idea is, logistically there is a lot of problems with it.

33 minutes ago, Deimos said:

The reason poseidon made it 10k payout for the medic and 10k fee for the player revived is so money isn't spawned into the server. If it were 15k payout for medic and 10k fee for civ then every time a player is revived 5k is added to the server that didn't exist before.

It's actually different for APD.

Civs lose 20% of whatever their bounty is when arrested, cops get 40% of it. For every 100k, 20k is inflated that never existed before. Obviously the cap for civs is that the most they can ever lose is 400k for being arrested at a 2-million dollar bounty or higher.

I feel like, might as well make medic similar if APD get the benefit. But that's off topic!

Far as the topic goes. I like bloodbags, really have no issues with that. I feel like the conversation with defibs should really involve Muthinator and the senior R&R. I don't know how it would affect R&R, but I think it's ignorant to say it would have no effect on their traffic. Rare occasions I play medic myself, and I've been involved in some gang scuffles. Made a shitload of money out of it and kept a fight going for like, 10 minutes longer than it should have. It wasn't a big MC vs *R* fight, usually its more common with the smaller gang fights.

The consequence for defibs should be a lot more than 5 minutes. It should be closer to 30 minutes to an hour. Fights are often drawn out, a 5 minute cooldown would make fights just exhausting and too long. With a longer cooldown the fight can last longer but not to the extent that it's killing the same folks over and over for an hour straight. Not only that, but could you imagine feds and jails? After every wave everyone would have their defibs recharged. Would literally make lethals as effective as tazers since everybody would be back up for the next wave.

Huskers, some medics are paramedic or lower a.k.a. they have to drive everywhere. Now S&Rs and higher i able to fly to you. Now when medics get many calls we go to the calls in order unless if someone dies right next to someone you just revived and requests. Hense the reason we take so long even though we are trying to get to you. After you make the consumption that "ohh wow medics r garb" (Alt +F4). Also i am one of those Kavala trolls, i take Medic serious not saying all do but alot do. Now i would like you to apply for medic and when you are on you get 5+ revive requests across the map from one another its tough. And if you guys need health TEXT EMS that is what its for! Stranded, Need Water, and cant walk TEXT US!!! 

I dont know for other medics but i hate it when people die in locked cars and request, if you do can you get a friend to lock pick you out or if you are a solo player its even worse since rarely cops come to your text asking if they can pull you out.

• Like 1

I hate being patient and the medic goes, "OMW".

Goes AFK, takes a shower, goes for a walk, go and fiddles with their dingle, 

THEN start driving the 10KM to me. 

My body is deep inside the sweetest, blood drenched soil because they have all the time in the world. qwq.

Some medics, well a lot of them, do try to get their as soon as possible. Plus their are lines of people needing to be revived, but whens there's not. ;)

32 minutes ago, McDili said:

It's actually different for APD.

Civs lose 20% of whatever their bounty is when arrested, cops get 40% of it. For every 100k, 20k is inflated that never existed before. Obviously the cap for civs is that the most they can ever lose is 400k for being arrested at a 2-million dollar bounty or higher.

I feel like, might as well make medic similar if APD get the benefit. But that's off topic!

Far as the topic goes. I like bloodbags, really have no issues with that. I feel like the conversation with defibs should really involve Muthinator and the senior R&R. I don't know how it would affect R&R, but I think it's ignorant to say it would have no effect on their traffic. Rare occasions I play medic myself, and I've been involved in some gang scuffles. Made a shitload of money out of it and kept a fight going for like, 10 minutes longer than it should have. It wasn't a big MC vs *R* fight, usually its more common with the smaller gang fights.

The consequence for defibs should be a lot more than 5 minutes. It should be closer to 30 minutes to an hour. Fights are often drawn out, a 5 minute cooldown would make fights just exhausting and too long. With a longer cooldown the fight can last longer but not to the extent that it's killing the same folks over and over for an hour straight. Not only that, but could you imagine feds and jails? After every wave everyone would have their defibs recharged. Would literally make lethals as effective as tazers since everybody would be back up for the next wave.

Well you seen Dilli heres the thing with it only making defibs a 5 minute cool down this is where you have executing someone if you kill them when they are dead so they cannot be defib

I don't get why people don't agree with the fact that adding defibs and blood bags would be an amazing idea. Medics take FOREVER to get to you and its just annoying when you have a medic that doesn't like a certain person in the group or gang you're in and they refuse to revive you. This is an on going problem that can easily be fixed with a few changes. 

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, Huskers said:

Well you seen Dilli heres the thing with it only making defibs a 5 minute cool down this is where you have executing someone if you kill them when they are dead so they cannot be defib

That sounds silly just have a long cooldown on it. Otherwise you'll just get executed all the time and make another thread about how defibs are useless.