Olympus Entertainment - Celebrating 10 Years! [$2k+ GIVEAWAY] ×
Special Promotion [FREE OLYMPUS+] ×

This server has its hard moments

So im an arma vet, i have 2000 hours of tactical realism and altis life and i have made many millions before, but then i join olympus cuz i heard it had a massive update, i noticed i had 25k as starting money, so i spent it wisely, did some apples then i was moving up to the next thing (i made money from apples), so i went to the copper processing without copper just to check the price of the license and two dudes with smgs and new spawn clothes come out of no were, so i knew it was a robbery and i just hit the dirt and instead of robbin me he asks for my car, i never got it back but i got a ride back to kav by cops, then as im there waiting for my paychecks to make the amount of anything to start again, i get killed 3 times and revived by a medic who sucks all my money out of the bank, i was getting killed by the SS members who declared terror on the city, i felt like the game was whoever is an old player rules,and even tho i can make so mch money out of experience i was stuck below 1k for 2 hrs, that is strange, who else thinks the economy has a problem?

There are still talks of boosting the legal market. Also, you might want to just join SS they are a brand new gang that literally recruit whoever they can get. Might be a good option for a new player like yourself! Good luck out there, try to make friends more then enemies. A cool head gets you a lot of places on this server.

Altis Life in general is hard to solo.

But if you do solo, Kavala is not the place to do it on this server. You will probably be better off in Neochori to be honest(Can't spawn there at the moment). Once you get an offroad or something, do Platinum. Right now it's like the safest legal option to do and it's pretty good. Copper is alright, Cement is okay too. 

You also try Weed, it's a pretty good starter drug though you may find a lot of small time bandits doing weed or camping the weed processor and it goes straight through Kavala. You also risk cops. Illegal drugs always come with a risk.

Best thing you could do is keep your head low and stay out of high traffic areas. Once you get a little time under the belt, playing APD or R&R is a solid source of income to get you going.

Once you get a car and a gun, I recommend hunting in the hunting grounds. The sheep, goats, hens, and roosters each give about 5k. All u gotta do is go there, find them, shoot them or run them over, go up to them, and press windows key, and then sell the meat in markets. It's good income and there's rarely anyone there.

• Like 1
Just now, Marty said:

Once you get a car and a gun, I recommend hunting in the hunting grounds. The sheep, goats, hens, and roosters each give about 5k. All u gotta do is go there, find them, shoot them or run them over, go up to them, and press windows key, and then sell the meat in markets. It's good income and there's rarely anyone there.

That's pretty solid for just starting out. I didn't know they sold for 5k a pop!

7 hours ago, SuperAbbid said:

So im an arma vet, i have 2000 hours of tactical realism and altis life and i have made many millions before, but then i join olympus cuz i heard it had a massive update, i noticed i had 25k as starting money, so i spent it wisely, did some apples then i was moving up to the next thing (i made money from apples), so i went to the copper processing without copper just to check the price of the license and two dudes with smgs and new spawn clothes come out of no were, so i knew it was a robbery and i just hit the dirt and instead of robbin me he asks for my car, i never got it back but i got a ride back to kav by cops, then as im there waiting for my paychecks to make the amount of anything to start again, i get killed 3 times and revived by a medic who sucks all my money out of the bank, i was getting killed by the SS members who declared terror on the city, i felt like the game was whoever is an old player rules,and even tho i can make so mch money out of experience i was stuck below 1k for 2 hrs, that is strange, who else thinks the economy has a problem?

stay out of Kavala, since the new update, I've been there once and it's only been for a terror.

Just now, Rusty said:

how about if i see you ingame i gave you some cash to start of with? sounds cool? whats you're name ingame?

yo fam dwawg if you're in the giving spirit give me a half ticket on my 2.69mil bounty dawg fam man

Just now, SuperAbbid said:

i wont lie pre-wipe it was easier. i think we should get a small buff to money making more so for legal runs i wanna run diamonds dammit! ,  this server has a harsh economy but trust me man once you life it up, / survive by getting up there into the money scheme of things you wont regret it nor will you want to leave it .. there is something  so rewarding struggling to make cash and then doing so.. yes i never make 10 mil a run. but 3 - 4 when its low time and little mil/ 500k runs in between. i started running cocaine for 3k a brick prewipe.. and now run things via house or tempests. the idea is to either find a group. which when wipe happen is what i did since i had made a few new friends. one thing to keep in mind is i say sometimes people come to this server. and they think it will be easy and from the sounds of you. describing yourself you are ready for a challenge. so either be as stealthy in your play as low key as can or group up. and gear up cause either way you will have a fun thrilling time in this server / community so i welcome you dude good luck ! :) 

On 12/26/2015 at 8:45 PM, Rusty said:

how about if i see you ingame i gave you some cash to start of with? sounds cool? whats you're name ingame?

i dont wanna be a freeloader but ya a little money can really help, ill be on in 10 hrs from now and if i see u ingame i will be greatful to take it :)

On 12/26/2015 at 10:17 PM, Poseidon said:

As said above, there are plans to buff economy sell values soon.

good, cuz i feel like the servers left on arma are hard for people who just joined them even if they are experienced.

On 12/26/2015 at 10:17 PM, Poseidon said:

As said above, there are plans to buff economy sell values soon.

On 12/26/2015 at 10:14 PM, PabloIsSenpai said:

Yep, do not go to Kavala. Tree literally landed their Orca in the middle of Kavala took me and 3 other people as sacrafices and nobody gave a damn. 
+1 to isaac for flying 10km to revive.

On 12/26/2015 at 9:21 PM, Rusty said:

aight fam come to me i give you half :)

On 12/26/2015 at 9:20 PM, Muthinator said:

72852869993eabd03dc0b4e3cacf9e426e7ccfa4

On 12/26/2015 at 9:00 PM, Mobundo African Warlord said:

yo fam dwawg if you're in the giving spirit give me a half ticket on my 2.69mil bounty dawg fam man

i wont lie pre-wipe it was easier. i think we should get a small buff to money making more so for legal runs i wanna run diamonds dammit! ,  this server has a harsh economy but trust me man once you life it up, / survive by getting up there into the money scheme of things you wont regret it nor will you want to leave it .. there is something  so rewarding struggling to make cash and then doing so.. yes i never make 10 mil a run. but 3 - 4 when its low time and little mil/ 500k runs in between. i started running cocaine for 3k a brick prewipe.. and now run things via house or tempests. the idea is to either find a group. which when wipe happen is what i did since i had made a few new friends. one thing to keep in mind is i say sometimes people come to this server. and they think it will be easy and from the sounds of you. describing yourself you are ready for a challenge. so either be as stealthy in your play as low key as can or group up. and gear up cause either way you will have a fun thrilling time in this server / community so i welcome you dude good luck ! :) 

On 12/26/2015 at 8:45 PM, Rusty said:

You guys think i should join the police when i get to 1680 mins of gameplay? i am extremely good at realistic combat and im fine in talking and rp. You think its a profitable and fun experience?

On 12/26/2015 at 4:03 AM, Marty said:

Don't trust the Taxi Cartel.. they only want your money...
-CheckUrFoodNWater

• Like 1

Yeah this game is really hard to solo, hell even duoing can be extremely difficult. Me and a friend ran peaches on a quad, he had our only gun, i had our only car until we bought an SUV, managed one weed run (we didn't know the dangers) and made out like BANDITS with like 90k to each of us. Honestly your best bet is to join a gang that'll take you, and run a big group of people doing a drug run or something. Hell if you see me on send me a message if you need some help starting out, and I'll abuse ya ;)

On 12/26/2015 at 3:17 AM, SuperAbbid said:

|SS| send our regards

• 2 months later...
On 12/25/2015 at 5:03 AM, Marty said:

Is using vehicles in the hunting grounds legal?

Now that we have shooting from vehicles I'm tempted to sell helicopter hunting trips from an air taxi.

Only thing is, I remember seeing rules that no vehicles except quadbikes were permitted in the HG.

Edited by PhaseShift
23 minutes ago, PhaseShift said:

Now that we have shooting from vehicles I'm tempted to sell helicopter hunting trips from an air taxi.

Only thing is, I remember seeing rules that no vehicles except quadbikes were permitted in the HG.

I'm pretty sure there's no rules about the hunting grounds.

24 minutes ago, PhaseShift said:

I don't think it's illegal to have vehicles in hunting grounds. I've never heard of such a rule.