Big Tower Thoughts

Big Tower Thoughts  

167 members have voted

1. 1. We are thinking about changing towers. Please vote below.

• Keep Big Towers the way they are.
    • Remove all Big Towers. Re-design rebels and cartels using smaller towers and natural cover.
    • Disable 3rd Person camera while in Big Towers. Camera would force you into 1st person, but only while in the tower

1 minute ago, Lethal said:

I disagree with this sentiment. If you want to remove all towers, how are cops going to have a chance of defending hqs? By definition the HQ and Outposts need to be more defensive than Cartels, apd/rebel objectives (jails, feds) Just my thoughts. And the fed is the worst compound to defend, im not really sure where you heard that its easy to defend, 4 gates, multiple jump spots, flashbangs that last longer than i do in bed (about 45 seconds) Why do you think people really dont do feds

Because jails are easier, people will always gravitate towards whatever is easier to defend if its a fight they want.

Feds are plenty defensible if you have the manpower. But it's the hardest thing to do because you get swarmed by cops when you do it. Jails aren't as hard to defend compared to feds but its certainly also difficult to do if a senior is on to transport cops over in a ghosthawk.

Up until recently only Athira HQ ever had a big tower. We don't need them to defend HQ's properly and we never really did. 

I agree that rebels should definitely be strongholds. They can achieve this without big towers. You're in a dominant gang. You don't need big towers to defend something properly from other gangs/cops. 

Ya just remove the big towers it will make fighting a lot more fun. As it is now big towers are in most of the big fighting areas. Rebel outposts, jail, cartels, HQs. Big towers are always the biggest part of an engagement. Who ever has the big tower has a massive advantage. So most fights are the same for the most part, attacking big tower with a ifrit and/or orca, and defending from the attack. So i think if towers are removed it will make fighting a lot less repetitive and more dynamic.

• Like 4
16 hours ago, McDili said:

Up until recently only Athira HQ ever had a big tower.

Pyrgos HQ has like 3? Previous HQ had the office buildings which were a bigger alternative of the towers.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/11/2016 at 6:11 AM, McDili said:

The argument for removing them is that with natural cover and DIFFERENT cover, such as barracks/gang hideout buildings and other interior or sandbag based cover is more interesting to fight in.

B

On 3/12/2016 at 8:49 PM, Lethal said:

Rebels, and HQs should have them still, all other ones should be removed. Rebels and HQs should be designed to be natural strongholds. The only cartel that people want to defend now is mushroom because you can just sit on a tower. Move mushroom cap to this compound. Problem solved.21a10941ccd6c255d199bb1e42d8fb6c.jpg

ig towers make it hard for choppers to land anywhere inside of a compound tactically. It also gives a very large advantage to those defending. Not only that, but fights inside of the towers are LAGGY as hell, which really detriments fights. This is why I don't favor having it switch to 1st person in a tower because it's still laggy in CQC either way and really isn't a whole ton of fun.

I've noticed that at cartels with more natural, fluid cover or terrain that gangs fight more tactically.

I'm leaning toward this opinion. A flat removal of every big tower seems extreme. True there are defensible positions without big towers (ie the fed), but the fed doesn't have other large structures nearby that would turn it into a barrel shoot. If you take all the big towers from Pyrgos HQ, raiding it will just be a game of man the clinic and pop any cop who tries to move below. Taking them from jail would probably make things more interesting. With the current landscape it often becomes a big peak battle in towers, but if you remove the big towers across the water you'll probably have to do something with the ACT's too. I'm all for bringing the map to the ground, but don't leave it one sided.

1 hour ago, DoctorK said:

I'm leaning toward this opinion. A flat removal of every big tower seems extreme. True there are defensible positions without big towers (ie the fed), but the fed doesn't have other large structures nearby that would turn it into a barrel shoot. If you take all the big towers from Pyrgos HQ, raiding it will just be a game of man the clinic and pop any cop who tries to move below. Taking them from jail would probably make things more interesting. With the current landscape it often becomes a big peak battle in towers, but if you remove the big towers across the water you'll probably have to do something with the ACT's too. I'm all for bringing the map to the ground, but don't leave it one sided.

The ACT's would stay at the jail. We definitely don't want them to go away. They don't have the same defensive capacity that a big towers do.

It's not like they're going to be removed from rebel outposts and then the outposts just have no other changes happen.

Sophia rebel is probably closer to how many of the rebel outposts will be changed. There will be more fortifications added to compensate for the lack of a big tower.

From an APD perspective I'm not worried about the HQ's losing their towers. Cops already have a big advantage in HQ's by respawning in them. Cops are supposed to be powerful when defending HQs. But giving us big towers and infinite respawns inside the HQ? That's a bit much.

Again the point of getting rid of big towers is to make fights more dynamic. Some folks won't like it, but the majority of community is pretty in favor of it and we can't please everyone. Fights with big towers simply revolve around All-in blitz strats. That's boring. We felt like big towers detracted from tactically minded groups. We feel like players/gangs that are more tactically minded should have room to use a variety of strategies to overcome their enemies. Not only just for attackers but for defenders as well. Now defenders will have to be smart about how they position themselves and attackers will be able to use some other tactics that might actually be viable.

We still want outposts and all that to be fortified and favor defenders. Defenders should always have the advantage in a fortified position. But we also want to have room for multiple strategies of attack and defense, compared to the one-size-fits-all strats we see today.

On 3/11/2016 at 5:06 AM, Fat Clemenza said:

Get rid of them all. "Good Players" will be brought back to reality while making things less campy and less laggy. It'll force people to think of new ways to defend positions. I'll donate if this happens.

But will OP deliver?

1 hour ago, McDili said:

But will OP deliver?

Toe Knee told me he missed a few. Not a dime will come out of my pocket until the complete and utter eradication of the disease that we call Big Towers is dealt with in it's entirety.

• Like 1