Olympus Entertainment - Celebrating 10 Years! [$2k+ GIVEAWAY] ×
Special Promotion [FREE OLYMPUS+] ×

Also note that this is subject to change at any point before or after implementation.

For instance, we're considering the idea of not stopping the timer when APD get a hold of you after you're epi pen'd.

On one hand, if the APD catch you then they caught you and will want to be able to process you.

On the other hand, you died prior to being PEN'd, so APD wouldn't normally have been able to get you at all. It might be cool if APD need to rush you to a medic to try and keep you alive. Unsure if there will be a way for APD (Or anyone) to tell if you are under the epi-pen status or not.

I'm leaning on the side of the timer still goes on even when in custody of APD, just simply because normally wouldn't have caught you otherwise. Since ya know, you'd be dead. I also don't want people under the effect of an epi pen to be robocopped. Perhaps maybe its best if people don't know someone is under the epi-pen status? Then again, combat logging reports will be hard to deal with if it isn't easy to determine.

Lots to think about! Anything could change but as Peter said, this is generally the idea!

1 minute ago, Maverick said:

Pointless. Let's spend $60,000 to get 5 extra minutes to leave the fight you wanted to get back into just to get killed again probably.

You pay for convenience. You could request a medic, that might die or get told to leave and only pay 10k. 60k means you don't have to wait for a medic, obviously since its more powerful it costs more. You still save money on Katiba loadouts and higher, well, if you make it to the hospital/medic :P

The idea is that this gives civs the choice of PEN'ing someone to have an extra gun in a clutch moment, or do it after the fight and race to a hospital/medic instead of waiting for one who might get stopped by other civs.

It's always a financially better option to use a medic. But if you don't want to wait for one, or if they're going to be stopped by another gang, you have the epi pen option. That option comes with risks and a higher cost. You still save money in the end (Between 30-60k saved) if you make it. 

In some situations 5 minutes can be a really short period of time. In a fight, 5 minutes can be a lot of time to make some clutch plays. This is the compromise.

1 minute ago, McDili said:

You pay for convenience. You could request a medic, that might die or get told to leave and only pay 10k. 60k means you don't have to wait for a medic, obviously since its more powerful it costs more. You still save money on Katiba loadouts and higher, well, if you make it to the hospital/medic :P

The idea is that this gives civs the choice of PEN'ing someone to have an extra gun in a clutch moment, or do it after the fight and race to a hospital/medic instead of waiting for one who might get stopped by other civs.

It's always a financially better option to use a medic. But if you don't want to wait for one, or if they're going to be stopped by another gang, you have the epi pen option. That option comes with risks and a higher cost. You still save money in the end (Between 30-60k saved) if you make it. 

In some situations 5 minutes can be a really short period of time. In a fight, 5 minutes can be a lot of time to make some clutch plays. This is the compromise.

Makes sense, I like the idea.

• Like 1

Also worth noting that if your friend doesn't make it to a hospital/medic in 5 minutes, at least his dead body will probably still be in your car/heli that you're transporting him in. Take him to a medic and have him request. Nice way to prevent body camping :D

When you request epipen, will only the people in your gang/group see the request? or will everyone see it? or will the people with the epi-pens see it? Also, when someone does use the epi-pen on someone else, will that person receive some sort of reward like the medics do? Like, since it costs 60k, maybe 60k could be taken from the bank of the person being epi-penned and given to the epi-penner? 

I made a suggestion to Peter that goes as such:

Epi-Pen $15k - $20k

Dopamine shot via medic - $10k

Dopamine shot via Hospital - $20k - $30k

The risk vs reward is there but it makes it cheaper on the front end where the risk is.  It also makes it more cost effective to get your shot from a medic.  Peter will likely amend the post to whatever he comes up with but I figured I would make mention to the proposed change before the focal point becomes the cost.

• Like 8

1. @McDili will APD have access for use of Epi-pens for themselves?

2.Would be awesome if Officers who have Suspect in custody are aware they have the 5 min adrenaline effect and rush them to the nearest hospital, suspect restrained would have the possibility to have the mouse scroll while restrained for the dopamine option. It would also resolve whether their death was a direct effect of the Adrenaline rush via player reports.

5 minutes of the "CRANK" timer (Jason Statham movie), can be either be a lot of time to change the tides of war, or little time to turn that tide depending on player. Once a player in Jail for instanced is lethaled, then his buddies can respond to him, inject the pen, he lives, kills the wave, he rushes to hospital, or Church in Pygros, comes back, plans the next COA (course of Action).

Once Epi-pens are implemented, it would give Medics addition requests when notified to respond with Dopamine.

1 hour ago, Muthinator said:

Epi-Pen $15k - $20k

The risk vs reward is there but it makes it cheaper on the front end where the risk is.  It also makes it more cost effective to get your shot from a medic.  Peter will likely amend the post to whatever he comes up with but I figured I would make mention to the proposed change before the focal point becomes the cost.

$10k surgery from medic. :D 

Also diabeetus

1 hour ago, Juwanna Man said:

Can you request for the epipen and also request for a medic at the same time?

Maybe have some sort of Epi-pen notice kind of like how the revive system used to be and it automatically requested a medic? Same thing but only after a player has been epi-penned. Idk

I understand you guys don't want people carrying a bunch  of epi-pens... but 10 to 15 weight? Seriously? For a kit that weighs like half a pound IRL and is in a box the size of a graphing calculator? And I like Muthinator's idea. Make it cheaper, but more expensive for the dopamine. It will rarely ever get used if there's a good chance that the person is going to die again and 60K was lost.

Regardless though, heres an add-on idea: Epi-Pens grant increased health (similar to the SWAT idea) but only for a short amount of time. This would apply to those that used them while still alive, and not those that were revived. After the timer is up, the person's stamina max's at 50% until treated by a hospital or medic.

I like this idea but does requesting an epi-pen show your location on the map to anyone who has an epi-pen? The same way requesting a revive is shown to medics? @Peter Long

If so, then I can see some problems with people using the map to get people's locations who request an epi-pen. If not then +1 to its mechanics according to Muth's suggestion making it cheaper to get a last stand fighting and making dopamine worth more via hospital.

50 minutes ago, Muthinator said:

Epi-Pen $15k - $20k

This is actually a pretty smart idea! 

I don't think requesting epi-pen would show up for anybody. But then when we were discussing this we were talking about only gangs/groups being able to epi-pen you.

Idk what Peter had in mind.

34 minutes ago, Natsirt said:

RRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Have

Defibs.

TAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

what you're being given.

• Like 9
Just now, Corporal_moob said:

TAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

what you're being given.

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
WIIIIIIIIIILLLLLLLLLLL

BUTTTTTTTTTTTT
I WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILLLLLLLLL
CALLLLLLLLLLLLL THEEEEEEEMMMMMMMMMM
DEEEEEEEEEEEFIIIIIIIIIIIIIIBSSSSSSSSSSSS
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT
EPPPPPPPPPPPPI-PEEEEEEEEENs

• Like 1