Olympus Entertainment - Celebrating 10 Years! [$2k+ GIVEAWAY] ×
Special Promotion [FREE OLYMPUS+] ×

A question about vaping

Ok this is a question. This thread there will be no trolling of any sort. That being said. My question is this. With this e-cig i just bought. Why would i have to change the atomizer every single day. Ive had this thing for just a few days and ive already change the atomizer 4 times. That and i have to take this stupid thing apart every day about 3 to 4 times a day to clean it because it leaks way to much into the mouth piece. The unit i bought was the KangerTech subvod mega tc 2300. Everytime i bring it back to the place i bought it. They keep giving me bullshit excuses as to why its doing it. They wont refund it. So im just curious if those of you who do vape know anything about this pos and what i should do. If i can manage to get these guys to return it. id like to upgrade it to a nice mod. Any ideas and pointers to fix my current one would be nice. Thanks in advance

First off two things can affect the life of an atomizer ( I'm guessing you are using pre-built atomizers) one would be dry hitting ( when you dont have any juice left and you fire the atomizer) this would burn the cotton and ruin the cotton leaving a bad taster to it even if you fill your tank with juice. The second one would be the juice you are using. High VJ juices being more viscous "gunk" up the cotton and coil was faster than high PG juice. The sweetnest of the juice is also a factor, a juice that is sweeter will "caramelize" the cotton and coil.

That being said, you shouldnt need to change it every day, an atomizer should easily last you a week, maybe even two ( the flavor probably will be diminished but it should still taste good)

When installing a new atomizer you should always prime it ( put juice into the atomizer itself until the cotton is soaked). Then fill your tank with juice. You can even close all the airflow and drag on your e-cig to make that cotton drink a bit more juice, this way you are sure you are not burning the cotton when you fire it up for the first time.

As far as the leaking goes... well that's probably just from laying the e-cig on it's side. There is a few tanks out there that claim to be "leak free" but other than that pretty much all tank will leak when laid on its side.

I haven't had any experience with the device your using so i can't say this is the issue and this is what you need to do to fix it.

but if you are able to get a refund on it then i can suggest this.

1 hour ago, Gidgit said:

Ok this is a question. This thread there will be no trolling of any sort. That being said. My question is this. With this e-cig i just bought. Why would i have to change the atomizer every single day. Ive had this thing for just a few days and ive already change the atomizer 4 times. That and i have to take this stupid thing apart every day about 3 to 4 times a day to clean it because it leaks way to much into the mouth piece. The unit i bought was the KangerTech subvod mega tc 2300. Everytime i bring it back to the place i bought it. They keep giving me bullshit excuses as to why its doing it. They wont refund it. So im just curious if those of you who do vape know anything about this pos and what i should do. If i can manage to get these guys to return it. id like to upgrade it to a nice mod. Any ideas and pointers to fix my current one would be nice. Thanks in advance

What type of bullshit excuses are they pulling? 

If you want them to refund it just tell them that you don't want to waste more money to fix it and that its just a hassle to own it because of the performance. Thats what I would do. I rarely vape, and I don't even own one so I haven't delt with these types of problems.

Just a update. I brought the stupid thing back to the vape place. and they finally decided to refund it. i ended up getting the Snow Wolf 200w with the Smok TFV4 tank with the quad coil. so far i love it. And for anyone that wants to knock me for vaping. Listen to this. just this time last week i was a heavy smoker. i smoked a pack for 10 years up until the last 6 months were i went to 2 packs a day. This past Wednesday at work i spent almost a hour coughing my lungs out. I have never in my life coughed as hard as i was. I have never felt that kind of pain from inside of my chest. i was spitting up all of this weird colored crap mixed with blood. That did it for me. I switched to vaping and havent touched a cigarette since than. the vaping has been helping me get over that. not only that it also has been breaking up all this nasty shit in my lungs. its 4 days now. but i am already noticing a huge difference in my body. i can only imagine how i will be in a month, 6 months, and even a year. I am really looking forward to it.  

• Like 4

Ignore them gidgit, what you just got, the snow wolf and the smok tank are both very good devices, they should keep you going for a while, the only recommendation I have for you with that setup is that pritty much everything for e cigs is much cheaper online, except for juce, just buy that local, but replacement atomizers and battery's are usually 40 to 50% cheeper online, I'm happy for you man, I've been off of cigs for 4 months now. It's a good thing. I'm proud of you gidgit. :)

• Like 1

Thank you josh. The local place around here that sells everything gave me pretty decent prices on everything considering the device they sold me originally gave me a hard time. I cant to see whats in store for the future

7 hours ago, Benjamin Remer said:

What type of bullshit excuses are they pulling? 

If you want them to refund it just tell them that you don't want to waste more money to fix it and that its just a hassle to own it because of the performance. Thats what I would do. I rarely vape, and I don't even own one so I haven't delt with these types of problems.

They kept telling me that it was leaking because i would lay it on its side. So i left it in the up right position and it still leaked. for the coils constantly burning up they told me i had the watts up to high. than i explained to them the unit i was using had 2 settings and there was no way for me to adjust the wattage any higher than it was designed to do. Than they tested it at the shop and right in front of them it burnt up a coil. so they decided to refund it. Also my buddy was there and convinced them the device was complete junk. granted i did spend way more money with this route. but as of right now i couldnt be happier with what i left with

48 minutes ago, Gidgit said:

Thank you josh. The local place around here that sells everything gave me pretty decent prices on everything considering the device they sold me originally gave me a hard time. I cant to see whats in store for the future

They kept telling me that it was leaking because i would lay it on its side. So i left it in the up right position and it still leaked. for the coils constantly burning up they told me i had the watts up to high. than i explained to them the unit i was using had 2 settings and there was no way for me to adjust the wattage any higher than it was designed to do. Than they tested it at the shop and right in front of them it burnt up a coil. so they decided to refund it. Also my buddy was there and convinced them the device was complete junk. granted i did spend way more money with this route. but as of right now i couldnt be happier with what i left with

Either way, you just made an investment, the money you spent on your new device would've just been blown away in a puff of smoke (pun kind of intended) within a few weeks anyway on cigs. You're on the route to getting healthier and saving money.

• Like 1
50 minutes ago, Bow said:

Either way, you just made an investment, the money you spent on your new device would've just been blown away in a puff of smoke (pun kind of intended) within a few weeks anyway on cigs. You're on the route to getting healthier and saving money.

i agree for sure. i spent about $230 all together for everything. with how i have been smoking. This will pay for itself in about 2 weeks time