Olympus Entertainment - Celebrating 10 Years! [$2k+ GIVEAWAY] ×
Special Promotion [FREE OLYMPUS+] ×

The Issue With Breaking Role Play

I've noticed ever since I became an officer that people that get mad generally break role-play at the same time, as well. Not often, but enough to make me write this, people that I bring back to HQ after they are captured when I'm on duty will break Role-Play. Often times it will be a "What the heck, I just joined this server, sorry I didn't know it was illegal", or a "Dude, I was RDMED, let me go before I report you!!".

Now I know that in the rules it states that with a higher-ranking officers permission you can send them straight to jail, but the main problem is that you must process them as normal first trying to Role-Play as best you can while they are going "Oh, sorry man, I gotta leave to go do dishes, I just joined this server, can you just let me off with a warning or something?".

If anyone reading this does that, It gets pretty annoying... Just thought I'd point that out.

• Like 1

1 reason people get mad is they don't understand the rules/laws and are new, and aren't mad at the cops, they're just mad because of the circumstances. When new and veteran players are like this, I generally put on the "I'm just doing my job" attitude. I explain to them what I saw, why I did what I did, and what I gotta do now because of it.

I usually try not to send to jail for calling rules, I often prefer to try and resolve the matter by talking about it, staying within RP as best I can. Some folks are just assholes though, and deserve the jail sentence.

20 hours ago, McDili said:

1 reason people get mad is they don't understand the rules/laws and are new, and aren't mad at the cops, they're just mad because of the circumstances. When new and veteran players are like this, I generally put on the "I'm just doing my job" attitude. I explain to them what I saw, why I did what I did, and what I gotta do now because of it.

I usually try not to send to jail for calling rules, I often prefer to try and resolve the matter by talking about it, staying within RP as best I can. Some folks are just assholes though, and deserve the jail sentence.

Very True, But it's still annoying... I understand it's not hardcore role-play for some people, but I guess stuff happens... you just gotta deal with it.

@McDili the difference is if I'm processing some butthurt T/Tree/VX etc. member me trying to talk it out won't work despite what I say. Though if a badass with a MK1, Special Rig and Pilot Helmet with [OS] tags comes they instantly feel role play is needed on a role play server.
I'm sure you can remember your Corporal times where butthurt people would only feel the roleplay with someone 'important' around.

7 hours ago, TheSkyStarKnight said:

Very True, But it's still annoying... I understand it's not hardcore role-play for some people, but I guess stuff happens... you just gotta deal with it.

If they are new then explain why they are detained, what has happened and that if you let them off with a warning you'd have to let everyone else off with a warning and process him, you can be more lenient on him if there is a Corporal on and request a half ticket or so to issue. If they are a salty veteran member treat them the same way as a bambi who just joined the server; explain why they are detained and what you have to do and process them.

If they spam sounds ask them to stop, if they continue issue a Disobeying an officer charge and let them know if they continue to play sounds using their confiscated playback devices they will be sent straight to jail for disobeying an officer. If they continue feel free to talk over them (if they start shouting rules or making shit noises) and be more blunt as they'd be distracting everyone else in the HQ - just get rid of the toxic salt.

Though, always attempt to talk them down from the salt and make them realize that you are not to blame for Peter Long pulling a Ghostcock to drop on them and that it's not fair on you that they're taking it out on you. A lot of people don't realize that.

• Like 1

Like Dili said, try to RP with them as possible, but if they're ranting for a couple minutes breaking rp and won't let you talk to them, just robocop them and go through basic LIST. If they're going to be a little bitch, treat them like one. At least by robocopping, you're not breaking RP (just giving really shitty rp to a person who isn't RPing anyway). 

Guest G.O.A.T.
7 hours ago, Konkz said:

@McDili the difference is if I'm processing some butthurt T/Tree/VX etc. member me trying to talk it out won't work despite what I say. Though if a badass with a MK1, Special Rig and Pilot Helmet with [OS] tags comes they instantly feel role play is needed on a role play server.
I'm sure you can remember your Corporal times where butthurt people would only feel the roleplay with someone 'important' around.

The most accurate thing I've ever seen/read.