Giveaway Update + New Price Match & Free Oly+ ×

So, I'm watching multiple videos of Tanoa and Tanoa life. One thing that struck me is houses, there are not that many scattered about, but quite a few in cities. I think there should be a different limit other than 5 for amount of houses someone can buy.

I'm also thinking of the police force. There are multiple skyscrapers on Tanoa that cannot be accessed from the ground. If people are landing a helicopter on top of the skyscrapers, the cops won't be able to do anything about it unless they also have access to a heli.

I think the multiple islands function seems cool. But there should be completely new rules for cops on Tanoa, I think cadets should have boats, and be able to leave cities, I also think they need better guns than a starter pistol, again, only for Tanoa. Rebels are going to be able to ambush much easier in Tanoa, and the cops should be able to better defend themselves.

I think with the new weapons, and the fact that people are spending 30 dollars for the DLC, we should try to get access to all weapons on Tanoa Life.

With the way Tanoa is setting up, it almost seems it should be either a white listed strict super hardcore RP server, or a more lenient wasteland ambush/military fighting area. What I mean is, if we have the same rules in Altis on Tanoa, rebels will be at a huge advantage. What I think it should be is cops are more tactically geared, and they can patrol around the mainland that's filled with legal runs and some illegal. But they should also be able to suit up, take a boat to the islands with some illegal drugs, and raid the entire island. To be a Tanoa cop it should be much more difficult to get accepted and a lot more difficult test, but everyone no matter their status on APD should be able to get in, yes that's strictly b/c I'm blacklisted APD. But back to the island raiding, cops should be able to stealthy enter the red zones on Tanoa, but the red zones should be larger, allowing for more ambushing areas by civs and more realistic guerrilla warfare.  

There can be another option for cops in illegal areas on the islands off the mainland, and that could just be cop bases on the islands, they take a vehicle, and go to a red zone just like in altis life, but that seems boring to me. With a map much smaller than Altis, 100km² Tanoa vs 270km² Altis, civilians are either going to be in heavy combat with other civilians and the cops will dominate the surviving civs, or the civs will team up and fight against cops in illegal areas. To survive on Tanoa people are going to need to work together, and if they can't do that the cops should be able to dominate them. 

Other cool options to mention, with what I previously stated about being able to use all weapons, I don't know the technical reasons why we can't pick up other players' physical inventory, but if cops get more military weapons, and civs with the Ak's, it would be neat if we could kill cops and pickup their military weapons and gear, obviously then that would be super illegal so a civilian seen in cops clothing/cop gun would be instantly provoked by police.

Overall, I think that the Tanoa police should be much more a military force than a police department, but getting in the TPD should be a much more excruciating test. TPD should be required to travel in larger patrols than APD. APD can be patrolling with 1-2 cops, TPD should be 4-6 on a casual patrol. Red zones should be larger allowing for more realistic modern guerrilla warfare. And it would be cool to see picking up physical inventory. RDM would be a problem with picking physical inventory, but if bans are much more severe, then it won't be a problem for very long. Honestly, a big help to all the RDM problems is having the Tanoa server whitelisted, but that could downgrade population. With the amount of people on forums and popularity for Tanoa atm, if the server was 100 people and white list only, I doubt there would be a problem of having it full and the dedicated Olympus members who all have forum accounts and get white listed would be happier because they could more easily get into the server than if it was open to public.

Please leave feedback and ideas, I think all ideas regarding Tanoa should be centralized to give admins, developers, and creators the best idea on what the people are thinking of and maybe can inspire them to create an all around better idea from the basis that we create. If you read all of this congratulations, and as I'm typing this I think I should proof read my essay to make it as painless as possible to read.

Brynjar

• Like 1

I somewhat like the idea of militarizing the TPD. It would be pretty cool to see a militaristic theme match an island like Tonao. It just wouldn't make sense to have a APD city themed police force on a jungle-like island. However, I do not think that the APD should grow in their strength as the majority of the current APD can carry rifles and flashbangs, and some fly armed helicopters and transport vehicles. I don't think the strength of the rebels on Tonoa will be any greater than on Altis so it wouldn't make much sense to upgrade one if the other is getting stronger.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Brynjar said:

Other cool options to mention, with what I previously stated about being able to use all weapons, I don't know the technical reasons why we can't pick up other players' physical inventory, but if cops get more military weapons, and civs with the Ak's, it would be neat if we could kill cops and pickup their military weapons and gear, obviously then that would be super illegal so a civilian seen in cops clothing/cop gun would be instantly provoked by police.

The reason we can't loot dead people is, people can dupe items, and have done so in the past. I don't think they will ever bring back looting of dead bodies.

2 minutes ago, Gibbs said:

The reason we can't loot dead people is, people can dupe items, and have done so in the past. I don't think they will ever bring back looting of dead bodies.

It also makes medics useless. If your gear can be picked up then there's no point in getting revived if someone stole your gear.

In regards to TPD, I'm not sure how things are going to be. 

• Admin
2 minutes ago, Dustin87 said:

Im not sure why you are under the impression that rebels are going to be more OP in tanoa than in altis.

I think he mentioned that because seeing as Tanoa is half the size of Altis, rebels can now cover more ground so cops would have to deal with more gang activity than they do now. I think that's what he was talking about. 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Bubbaloo Burrito said:

I think he mentioned that because seeing as Tanoa is half the size of Altis, rebels can now cover more ground so cops would have to deal with more gang activity than they do now. I think that's what he was talking about. 

This in and of itself will probably make people play cop more anyway. In general Tanoa is a good size so we should see a lot more interactions on the map than we do on Altis.

The reason I think rebels will be very powerful is because of the multiple islands, there is either going to be a cop base on each island, or cops will patrol from island to island on boats, but until there is a corporal, rebels will not be able to be effectively chased between islands. Also with rebels there is somewhat "tactics", for APD or at least what I can remember, you go in guns blazing and hope you can get some lucky tazes and if you die, then you come back and repeat. Rebels can island hop and cops will be left in the dust.

34 minutes ago, Dustin87 said:

Im not sure why you are under the impression that rebels are going to be more OP in tanoa than in altis.

I think there is going to be much more condensed gang activity, with the amount of players that will be on in a much smaller area, there is a much higher chance of running into someone. Gangs will be doing big runs more instead of having multiple runs all around altis. Therefor, if cops patrol like they do in Altis and run into a big gang run, they will be utterly destroyed. Depending on map placement it could mean no other chance for the cops to get the rebels either.

33 minutes ago, Gibbs said:

I love our medics!

If only cop gear can be looted, which idk if that's possible, cops don't request medic anyways, and so civ's can get cop gear better and medics get same amount of revives but if looting is removed b/c of duping then it shouldn't be implemented unless the bodies only stuck around for 1 minute or something so you either got the gear in a minute or lost it. I just think it would be a cool way to get cop gear since most cops won't surrender even 3:1 no chance of survival and they won't give u good deals on hostages.

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, Brynjar said:

I think there is going to be much more condensed gang activity, with the amount of players that will be on in a much smaller area, there is a much higher chance of running into someone. Gangs will be doing big runs more instead of having multiple runs all around altis. Therefor, if cops patrol like they do in Altis and run into a big gang run, they will be utterly destroyed. Depending on map placement it could mean no other chance for the cops to get the rebels either.

I

Noted, but if the map is smaller more cops will be patrolling less zones and have higher condensed numbers too. So your point doesnt go just 1 way, it goes both.

But when cops can't respawn with 5+ on, and multiple islands to travel to, also taking into consideration that since this is brand new, it will be most likely massive amounts of gang members. Even with 10+ cops online, they would need to all be together to stand a chance against Tree, MC, K, or eL doing big gang runs. And if they're all P.O's they will need to drive a boat island to island.

1 hour ago, Brynjar said:

The reason I think rebels will be very powerful is because of the multiple islands, there is either going to be a cop base on each island, or cops will patrol from island to island on boats, but until there is a corporal, rebels will not be able to be effectively chased between islands. Also with rebels there is somewhat "tactics", for APD or at least what I can remember, you go in guns blazing and hope you can get some lucky tazes and if you die, then you come back and repeat. Rebels can island hop and cops will be left in the dust.

Cops can't chase heli's on Altis either unless there's a corporal+ on. I don't see how this is any different.

37 minutes ago, McDili said:

Cops can't chase heli's on Altis either unless there's a corporal+ on. I don't see how this is any different.

Well, unless there's a drug dealer on each island, every person doing runs will need a heli, so every time a cop drives up, they will be chasing a heli instead of the occasional few.

Well, I just bought ApeX and rocket league so i'm going to have a fun night.

And, @McDili the whole cop's getting destroyed by civ is just a gut feeling I had when watching video's of Tanoa, these were just some key points I made.

4 minutes ago, Brynjar said:

Well, unless there's a drug dealer on each island, every person doing runs will need a heli, so every time a cop drives up, they will be chasing a heli instead of the occasional few.

What are they gonna do, take down an orca with MXs? 

Some details about Tanoa that are WIP:

Player slots probably 90

Probably half or less than half as many resource zones, new resources will be added that make more sense for Tanoa.

4 Spawn towns

Altis gear/saved position will not transfer to tanoa for any faction

My sexy bridge:79a14ef849c356f94f45b4146aa40536.jpg

• Like 1
Just now, Dustin87 said:

Yeah why not just have a few bridges connect the islands, the idea of having to use a boat everytime is bad

We might. If I add 1 more bridge then every major island will be accessible by vehicle but not sure. Kinda want 1 island air/boat only.

17 minutes ago, Poseidon said:

Player slots probably 90

Probably half or less than half as many resource zones, new resources will be added that make more sense for Tanoa.

4 Spawn towns

Makes sense for gear not to sync I suppose. I know you said in another thread that may be separate DB's entirely. Is that still the stance? Will money carry over between the two?

When you say saved position, do you mean like xyz coordinates? Or do you mean like whitelisted rank for RnR, APD, etc?

16 minutes ago, Poseidon said:

We might. If I add 1 more bridge then every major island will be accessible by vehicle but not sure. Kinda want 1 island air/boat only.

Were you thinking of the one island to be a full redzone or something else?

4 minutes ago, McDili said:

Were you thinking of the one island to be a full redzone or something else?

I would think it would be all redzone, @Poseidon, are you personally working on how TPD will be assembled, because I think it would be sweet to have a more militaristic police department but you're final decision maker. With the type of guns that have been added, it makes sense to me that there be a more dominant police force. With RPG's whether they're added or not, something that just popped into my mind which might be completely ridiculous but: Tanoa citizens are revolting against TPD by doing whatever illegal runs there are, and so the police are heavily cracking down on all civilian rebel actions, any orca actions taken on this last non-connected island could be RPG'd by cops or something. idk that just popped into my head.

Guest G.O.A.T.

I've already said this to many sAPD, but I believe that we'll need a 'no deputies' policy for Tanoa, as it's a new server, smaller, and harder to keep track of them. When people are on top of those office buildings shooting I foresee a lot of lethals being used (which I don't have a problem with). Additionally PO's are going to need to have access to Hummingbirds on Tanoa, it's that cut and dry. 

3 minutes ago, G.O.A.T. said:

I've already said this to many sAPD, but I believe that we'll need a 'no deputies' policy for Tanoa, as it's a new server, smaller, and harder to keep track of them. When people are on top of those office buildings shooting I foresee a lot of lethals being used (which I don't have a problem with). Additionally PO's are going to need to have access to Hummingbirds on Tanoa, it's that cut and dry. 

But without deputies, who will we send in as bait?

38 minutes ago, Poseidon said:

Player slots probably 90

4 Spawn towns

what about coconuts. I saw coconut trees