Choosing a new graphics card, any thoughts?

Spectral

I have come to realize that I need a new graphics card but I have no idea what to get. I have search the web and read a bunch of reviews but I wanted to get the communities opinion. With the new GeForce 980 and 970 that have came out I am not sure whether to wait a few months or to buy something now. Never mind motherboard or never mind processor speed let's just keep this topic about graphics cards. I understand the new technology is pretty impressive since it uses software to reduce the amount of calculations per pixel a card has to do.

So the true questions are, what are you using? would you buy it again and if you could buy a new graphics card today what would it be? And last but not least should I wait a couple months or by now? Please feel free to leave links and give me any info you have that can help me make a informed decision. Thanks

• Head Admin

I'm Still running a GTX 670 and it smokes everything I throw at it on high graphics. You'll be fine with anything you listed. Just remember two months after you but it, its gonna cost 150 less and another one will be better lol

Same for my 660 /o/

As to the new 900 series I wouldn't bother with them just yet, the current 780s are slightly ahead of them performance wise and the new technology on the 900s wont be fully utilized by games for a good while yet.

Same for my 660 /o/

As to the new 900 series I wouldn't bother with them just yet, the current 780s are slightly ahead of them performance wise and the new technology on the 900s wont be fully utilized by games for a good while yet.

The 900 series is allready much better in permformance and powersaving. Its maybe not worth it if you play on low settings etc but if you wonna play on full HD or try out 4k its the shit. The price on the new 970 vs the new 670 (when it came out) is the same. 

I bought my EVGA nVidia 970 4gb and not upset 1 damn bit.  I picked one up at MicroCenter in Atlanta for 320$.  Its a damn nice card and as the guy above me said, a huge bang for your buck and will last a couple years.

Run everything high/ultra.  I turn off shadows and this thing screams at 45+ fps in towns.  Core i7 4790k, 16gb ram, arma3 on SSD