Restraints and Meta gaming

"I'm taking your comms and GPS, you won't be able to talk to your friends"

Yet somehow we have people show up and RDM as we try to hold a hostage for some sort of APD ransom, I suggest that we add it to where your player marker and hexagon are removed after being restrained. Additionally adding a blindfold to prevent players from simply opening a GPS and giving gridrefs to their friends. Bags would cost $2,500 a piece and take 5 Y space, they can only be applied when a hostage has been restrained as well. They are not necessary for use, a shemagh of some sort can appear on the players head as they are held hostage to indicate that the player is in fact blindfolded. This would greater enhance RP in kidnapping and hostage scenarios. This would also open the opportunity for gangs to hold hostages on rival gang members, threatening to take them to the APD if the ransom is not paid. (WITHIN REASON) Thoughts? Questions? Concerns? Improvements?

• Like 8

I like it. I feel as though it could put a bit of a twist on the hostage situation elements of the server. I also felt like I have heard something about an in game thing for taking someone gps and comms. Try putting in a feature request at: http://tracker.olympus-entertainment.com/my_view_page.php as well!! @Edmunds.Z 

Don't mind me, just OCD kicking in. Added a couple minor things from OP

Ideas

- blindfold

A windows key button that will use a blindfold from your inventory and will darken or shade out their view. Could take 5 or 10 seconds to put on

Used to prevent meta gaming from gps coordinates to visual markers (ex. A church or processor, etc.).

Costs - 2,500$

Y-inventory space - 5... "space"

Looks - could be a shemagh or some sort of bandana maybe.

- Seizing of comms and gps. (Could apply to APD as well)

A windows key button that can be used once a person is restrained that will remove their mark from map and will remove their hex from view. Could take 5 or 10 seconds to destroy the objects.

Prevents meta gaming my friend or gang members. 

Organized your ideas and added a little so it would be easier to read.

id say see if devs or staff like the idea and if they do, then go ahead and put it in the Olympus tracker, I'd say just wait to get a response from devs or staff on whether it could and would b e possible todo happen.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, afalcon said:

You do realize, you can record and report? If you have evidence of taking their comms and gps and people show up thats failrp.

but what if the person is not gang tagged and approaches with proper engagement, even though you are in the middle of butt fuck nowhere. This is about opening up the opportunity to hold gangs hostage for other gangs to pay ransom. Having the APD do hostage scenarios can be pointless, but in the situation I had your gang member hostage and he had a decently high bounty, I would want a ransom paid or else I would be leaving him on the doorstep of Kavala HQ

Its quite hard to report FailRP over something like this also, they may have just found them by going to a coincidental HQ. As fishy is it is, it can't be definitive evidence.

+1 On the idea; great addition it would be

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Jesse said:

Yeah. You'd assume right. It'll be added before 2017. Just need time. Busy lately trying to get some work in during our busy season and the holidays coming up.

I love you! So safe to assume it'll be out in approximately 12 units of time? If so, cool! Btw no homo.

7 minutes ago, Jesse said:

Yeah. You'd assume right. It'll be added before 2017. Just need time. Busy lately trying to get some work in during our busy season and the holidays coming up.

Sick man, I think this will honestly be a really cool feature. 

Edited by Nikoteen

@Jesse Is it possible we can get a ruling on holding hostages for other gangs to take instead of limiting hostage scenarios to APD interactons

Blindfold as a visual shemagh, blindfold takes a few seconds to apply, removes player marker and hexagon to eliminate "accidental stumbling upon" people

17 minutes ago, Edmunds.Z said:

could you make suggestions and make it so gangs don't have to demand billions to release their friends if gangs take other gangs as hostages

Not his job, he makes shit. Admins prevent abuse of shit. Also, you can not pay and then just bite the bullet and go to jail or get killed.

next time, don't just ask devs about rules.