Olympus Entertainment - Celebrating 10 Years! [$2k+ GIVEAWAY] ×
Special Promotion [FREE OLYMPUS+] ×

Gang shed raiding

I think it would be a fun idea to make gang sheds raidable. For example you would need to boltcut the door and plant a blasting charge on the smaller door. Once you start bolt cutting  it would send the members of the gang a message that their Shed is being raided. Once the bomb blows you would have access to their crates and T inventory. However you couldn't just raid a gangshed at anytime... There would need to be 8-5 members online to raid their gangshed. 

Not sure if this would work, but I think it would be pretty fun and would be another gang v gang activity other than cartels.

• Like 11
4 minutes ago, Enix said:

I think it would be a fun idea to make gang sheds raidable. For example you would need to boltcut the door and plant a blasting charge on the smaller door. Once you start bolt cutting  it would send the members of the gang a message that their Shed is being raided. Once the bomb blows you would have access to their crates and T inventory. However you couldn't just raid a gangshed at anytime... There would need to be 8-5 members online to raid their gangshed. 

Not sure if this would work, but I think it would be pretty fun and would be another gang v gang activity other than cartels.

Not clash of clans m8

1 minute ago, DANGUSDEAN said:

Won't happen. I would explain why, but I don't really need to. You can't raid houses, can't raid gang sheds. Not saying that it wouldn't be fun, but it is just not going to happen. Period. Sorry... I guess...

I don't see it being unreasonable

3 minutes ago, Enix said:

I don't see it being unreasonable

I mean. It is. Gangs have tens of millions invested in gang sheds not including gear. Ear is probably then worth millions as well. So being able to bolt cut and plant a bomb, then steal millions worth of gear from a gang is unreasonable tbh.

7 minutes ago, DANGUSDEAN said:

I mean. It is. Gangs have tens of millions invested in gang sheds not including gear. Ear is probably then worth millions as well. So being able to bolt cut and plant a bomb, then steal millions worth of gear from a gang is unreasonable tbh.

Yep would be fun but don't think it's practical.

Why not make it a gang v gang with fed rules, has to be minimum amount of X gang on for Y gang to plant bomb, only the gang that owns it gets notification like a cartel, got 10 minutes to gear up and fight. Maybe make it so the attackers also need like minimum 3 on as well etc.

Y gang wins a % of gang stuff becomes available 

would give a different aspect on sheds 

• Like 1
44 minutes ago, DANGUSDEAN said:

Which one cuz I'm selling my ear if it's worth millions 

5 minutes ago, Deathgrasp said:

Why not make it a gang v gang with fed rules, has to be minimum amount of X gang on for Y gang to plant bomb, only the gang that owns it gets notification like a cartel, got 10 minutes to gear up and fight. Maybe make it so the attackers also need like minimum 3 on as well etc.

Y gang wins a % of gang stuff becomes available 

would give a different aspect on sheds 

Again, that would be very complicated to make it so only certain stuff gets picked to be robbed and how does it choose what to pick, (weapons, mags, clothes, vests, helmets, etc.). Again, just not going to happen.

1 minute ago, Emad said:

Which one cuz I'm selling my ear if it's worth millions 

Gear. You can assume it's gear because I just said excluding gear in the sentence before and now I'm listing how much gear is worth. Being a smart alick is just annoying and irritating.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, DANGUSDEAN said:

Again, that would be very complicated to make it so only certain stuff gets picked to be robbed and how does it choose what to pick, (weapons, mags, clothes, vests, helmets, etc.). Again, just not going to happen.

Gear. You can assume it's gear because I just said excluding gear in the sentence before and now I'm listing how much gear is worth. Being a smart alick is just annoying and irritating.

I'm not alick, that's offensive.

You typing with ur toes?

4 minutes ago, Emad said:

I'm not alick, that's offensive.

You typing with ur toes?

Want to know what a smart alec is, it's a person who is irritating because they try to act smart knows the intent of something but instead acts like they don't. So, you knew I was talking about gear, but decided to be a smart alec and pretend you thought I intentionally meant ear. 

12 minutes ago, DANGUSDEAN said:

Want to know what a smart alec is, it's a person who is irritating because they try to act smart knows the intent of something but instead acts like they don't. So, you knew I was talking about gear, but decided to be a smart alec and pretend you thought I intentionally meant ear. 

That's oxyMORON , 

IMG_3973.JPG

IMG_3975.JPG

Edited by Emad

Besides the obvious stated reasons from a coding perspective you'd have to make this non exploitable for houses, a check of some kind and it'd be annoying.

Think of all the checks:

1. That it's a gang shed, not a house

2. How many players of attacking gang are on 

2A. Check is done by who is in the gang group (not sure if/how that's done)

2B. Check is done by player names easily exploitable)

2C. Player ID (not realistic)

3. How many defenders are on ( see 2A, 2B, and 2C)

4. This means you could get into their crates(potential to exploit for houses if there's a way into inventory)

5. A way to "lock" it back up (potentially also exploitable)

It's a cool idea,just impratical

I was just posting a opinion didn't know it was that frowned upon, don't care either way was just trying to help, 

its why I'm not a designer, or a coder I don't look at whole picture. To me I figured if they used the same implement I to blackwater to a gang shed where you get certain things. They have the cartel warning from gang to gang , same bomb same timer as Pen. Ah what do I know

12 minutes ago, Deathgrasp said:

I was just posting a opinion didn't know it was that frowned upon, don't care either way was just trying to help, 

its why I'm not a designer, or a coder I don't look at whole picture. To me I figured if they used the same implement I to blackwater to a gang shed where you get certain things. They have the cartel warning from gang to gang , same bomb same timer as Pen. Ah what do I know

Not really frowned upon everyone said it sounds fun or it's a good idea. We are just saying it won't happen. There are too many other variables and gameplay impacts that come along with it.

• Like 1

Personally I think the designers and ciders and admins and everyone else that keeps Olympus afloat have more then enough on there plate that there trying to accomplish, you would have to assume they have 2-3 ideas there working on now. Never know could be this one!... or maybe a Pawnee at rebel for 5 mil

Become a Sgt on the APD if you find the probable cause to raid and search it go for it. 

For civ you can bolt cut any door and get into any house. If they left their crates unlocked I'm pretty sure you can rob them not 100% sure so don't quote me on it.

Honest question is there a reason houses arent raidable? Was that s thing at one point was taken out, would be cool to see you have to upgrade your house with security or notification to APD for a cost every 30 days 

just speaking my mind here

1 hour ago, DANGUSDEAN said:

You're annoying and irritating.. But am I complaining? :/