Olympus Entertainment - Celebrating 10 Years! [$2k+ GIVEAWAY] ×
Special Promotion [FREE OLYMPUS+] ×

Is Olympus using 64bit?

I understand Arma 3 now has 64 bit available, and I was just wondering if Olympus is actually using it yet. I've heard some people say its using 64bit and others say its not, I was just hoping for a confirmation as I still tend to get the massive frame drops and have texture bugged multiple times. I hope Olympus isnt using 64bit yet cause that means my pc is just shit:FeelsBad:

1 minute ago, Poseidon said:

The olympus server has nothing to do with clients running 64 bit. We could be running 156465bit.

156465bit = 1,000,000 frames per second. I approve this update. Muthinator could add as many hospitals as he wanted and it wouldn't do shit. Xdxd

• Like 2
19 minutes ago, DANGUSDEAN said:

156465bit = 1,000,000 frames per second. I approve this update. Muthinator could add as many hospitals as he wanted and it wouldn't do shit. Xdxd

giphy.gif

• Like 6
16 minutes ago, Poseidon said:

The olympus server has nothing to do with clients running 64 bit. We could be running 156465bit.

Question about the 64bit servers, you mentioned before it probably wouldn't make that much of a difference at all for clients. Why is that? I would think when clients have to pull from the server 64 bit would help with handling that load,wouldnt it?

49 minutes ago, TheRandomOne said:

Question about the 64bit servers, you mentioned before it probably wouldn't make that much of a difference at all for clients. Why is that? I would think when clients have to pull from the server 64 bit would help with handling that load,wouldnt it?

Most of the work is done client side. Stuff that happens server side is not that taxing. Switching to 64-bit might have a small boost with server fps, but it's not the holy grail. Going 64bit will allow us to try headless client and thats were we may see a more noticeable improvement. Don't get too hyped up because this is BI after all.

1 minute ago, Serpico said:

Most of the work is done client side. Stuff that happens server side is not that taxing. Switching to 64-bit might have a small boost with server fps, but it's not the holy grail. Going 64bit will allow us to try headless client and thats were we may see a more noticeable improvement. Don't get too hyped up because this is BI after all.

Headless client raped asylum please no

• Like 1
Just now, 7om said:

HC + 32bit = bad idea

HC + 64bit = shows good promise, but depends if BI rushed 64-bit just for memory or did more.

Also, Asylum had other issues going on while they had HC.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, gordonmann1 said:

This is the 4th post on this subject please just use your search bar!!!

Yes i understand that but no one confirmed it that im aware of and i wanted a yes or no answer xD

2 hours ago, Poseidon said:

2 hours ago, TheRandomOne said:

As far as I'm aware they mentioned that they're not yet. There's certain tweaks on the back end that need to happen before they can switch over to 64

Thanks for letting me know, sadly i need a new pc 

25 minutes ago, Serpico said:

That's fair, I knew it wouldn't affect much, i knew it was the client side 64bit that would affect players more. Knowing BI though I don't expect too much

45 minutes ago, 7om said:

When you don't know how to do a headless client that's what happens.

We tried headless clients back in the day when we were struggling to even run 90 players. But now that we've optimized our mission further and got rid of some bottlenecks we may actually see a noticeable improvement with a headless client. We run 111 players better than we ran 80 players back then.

1 hour ago, TheRandomOne said:

It may provide a difference to the server, but clients won't really notice much. The big reason 64bit is good for clients is the increased ram availability and any changes they did the render engine.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, ThatNerdyGuy said:

I was going to say that Arma is now using around 5 GB of RAM for me so yeah, it is technically 64 bit. Not the server but Arma in general.

just checked like holy shit mines using 10gb rn and I've been sat still in my house for 5 minutes now doing nothing.