Jump to content
Olympus Entertainment - Presidents Day Price Match ×

My Version of APD Promotion Guide


Recommended Posts

 

Please don’t flame for typing errors or anything. Try not to cringe either because I almost did writing this. So I just felt like taking the time and giving input based on my personal experiences on how to get promoted in the APD. The APD guide right now isn't really a guide in my opinion. This could be completely wrong but it's just what I think. Take this for what you want but this might actually help someone, but it probably won’t.

 

Just as a general tip I wouldn’t get too worried about if you get disciplined or demoted. If you are a good cop and just make a mistake you will get your rank back and eventually get promoted. Just don’t make them too often. Just ask Darwin and Maddog. Also reputation is a big deal in getting promoted. Keep it as best as possible.

 

Getting Deputy:  Personally this is the hardest of them all for most people. Nobody feels like studying for a test on a video game so they usually try and wing it and fail. Some people pass but usually don’t get very far afterwards. So my biggest tip here is to just read through the handbook. It’ll help a ton in the long run and honestly after you pass the deputy test you won’t have to look at it again. You will just learn as you go. Test is super easy if you read the handbook. Trust me.

 

Getting Patrol Officer: Almost everyone who gets deputy usually gets P.O. if they aren’t a complete retard. To get promoted to P.O. you need to play with Sr. APD as much as possible. You need to try to get noticed by them or you will be forgotten about and end up being a deputy for weeks and weeks. All around just be a good cop and it’ll come. After a while if it doesn’t I would just ask a corporal to recommend you. Play with that corporal a lot and if they are a half decent cop they will recommend to a Sr. APD member if they think you deserve it.

 

Getting Corporal: To get this one you have to be a pretty damn good cop, get lucky, or be friends with Sr. APD. By that I mean If you are a 10/10 cop you will get it eventually just because sooner or later someone will notice you have been a P.O. for a long time and realized you haven’t fucked up yet and recommend you. Ask Poro. You could just get lucky and have your best moment you have ever had on the APD and a Sr. APD member just happen to see it and then boom you get recommended. The final one is to be friends with a Sr. APD member. It helps a ton. If you are friends with them you play cop with them and they get to see you play cop more than anyone else because you are their friend and they like playing with you. Giving you a pretty big advantage when to comes to promotions.

 

Getting Sgt: Although I haven’t been a Sgt. I feel I have a pretty good idea on how to get it. You either have to do something impressive and be a 11/10 cop or be OS/friends with Deputy Chief of Police/Chief of Police. For example, you can grind your ass off and really go above and beyond to be a great cop and then be almost perfect and get people talking about how much they like you as a cop and want you to be a senior and eventually you will get recognized or just be OS/friends with Deputy Chief of Police/Chief of Police. If you are OS you can join any channel. Like the conference room where most of Sr. APD go to play cop. You can also join any other channel and it’s easy to become friends with the Sr. APD because you can talk to them whenever you want. Bringing me back to my last point that if you are friends with them you can play with them as much as you want. Basically get to cut to the front of the line and play with them as much as you want. Goodman even said it himself that he was glad he got OS because he knew it would better his chances of getting Sgt. It's a major perk. 

Overall have a good rep and be friends with some higher ups and maybe apply for OS and you'll do fine. This might be common knowledge for some but it might not be for others. 

As for the rest of the ranks I have no idea because they are usually kept behind closed doors.

So these are my opinions overall it might help someone. It might not but these are just from what I experience. If you got any questions just ask me. Peace.

  • Like 9
Link to comment
5 minutes ago, Excision said:

or just join [MC]

x

D

That's why MCPD was a thing. If you were MC you played with other MC members on cop and therefore all of MC got promoted because Sr. APD members that were MC recommend other MC members because they played with them and knew they were good cops. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
2 minutes ago, Willski said:

That's why MCPD was a thing. If you were MC you played with other MC members on cop and therefore all of MC got promoted because Sr. APD members that were MC recommend other MC members because they played with them and knew they were good cops. 

 

4 minutes ago, Willski said:

That's why MCPD was a thing. If you were MC you played with other MC members on cop and therefore all of MC got promoted because Sr. APD members that were MC recommend other MC members because they played with them and knew they were good cops. 

How did we get to Sr. Positions? Did the Sr. APD at the time like us or something? Nope, furthest thing from it.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Just now, Corporal_moob said:

 

How did we get to Sr. Positions? Did the Sr. APD at the time like us or something? Nope, furthest thing from it.

No but all it takes is one person from MC to get a senior position from grinding and then he plays with all his friends and thinks they are good enough to be promoted so he recommends them. They figured they are good cops from playing with them a lot though and if they play with their friends and their friends are also in the same gang. Im not saying MC got special treatment it's just friends play with other friends therefore friends got promoted more often. 

Link to comment

I would have to disagree with you about the OS thing. People get SGT because they've earned regardless of who they play with. It has to do with the time played on cop, their skill at being a cop, and their leadership. Just so happens that OS people do have those leadership and other skills that are looked for when finding a next sergeant so it may seem that OS equals sergeant, but it really doesn't. 

Link to comment
1 minute ago, Ignis said:

I would have to disagree with you about the OS thing. People get SGT because they've earned regardless of who they play with. It has to do with the time played on cop, their skill at being a cop, and their leadership. Just so happens that OS people do have those leadership and other skills that are looked for when finding a next sergeant so it may seem that OS equals sergeant, but it really doesn't. 

I guess you are entitled to your opinion but OS helps because you can join channels that others can't and play with seniors whenever you want. As other people have to wait. 

Link to comment
4 minutes ago, Willski said:

No but all it takes is one person from MC to get a senior position from grinding and then he plays with all his friends and thinks they are good enough to be promoted so he recommends them. They figured they are good cops from playing with them a lot though and if they play with their friends and their friends are also in the same gang. Im not saying MC got special treatment it's just friends play with other friends therefore friends got promoted more often. 

What are you talking about? There were literally people in the gang that we held off promotions on because we wanted to avoid this whole MCPD bullshit people came off with. Simple fact of it was, we had the longest serving and most experienced cops in the gang. all over the october+ 2014 join dates. Besides there were rigorous processes in place to ensure this could be avoided. It wasn't just a case of "Oh I like him, lets give him corporal" or "Oh I like him, lets give him sergeant" There were meetings/discussions, paperwork to fill out and then had to be looked at by other seniors who weren't in the same gang as you.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Just now, Ignis said:

I am sure @G.O.A.T. would disagree that OS helps. Infact, he would probably imply that it hinders your chances at becoming sAPD.

I'm not saying that having OS in front of your name helps. I'm saying that you have the ability to do things that others cannot. 

1 minute ago, Corporal_moob said:

What are you talking about? There were literally people in the gang that we held off promotions on because we wanted to avoid this whole MCPD bullshit people came off with. Simple fact of it was, we had the longest serving and most experienced cops in the gang. all over the october+ 2014 join dates. Besides there were rigorous processes in place to ensure this could be avoided. It wasn't just a case of "Oh I like him, lets give him corporal" or "Oh I like him, lets give him sergeant" There were meetings/discussions, paperwork to fill out and then had to be looked at by other seniors who weren't in the same gang as you.

I'm saying that is harder to get recognized if you don't play with Seniors and at one point a lot of Seniors were MC so if you played with them you get recognized easier. The whole MC thing doesn't apply to sgt or really even corporal thats why i didn't mention in it in my post. But it did affect getting P.O. quicker than everyone else. 

Link to comment
1 minute ago, Willski said:

I'm not saying that having OS in front of your name helps. I'm saying that you have the ability to do things that others cannot. 

 

29 minutes ago, Willski said:

You either have to do something impressive and be a 11/10 cop or be OS

69c0b62308243947c2ac885e1cd3d853.png

Link to comment
19 minutes ago, Ignis said:

I would have to disagree with you about the OS thing. People get SGT because they've earned regardless of who they play with. It has to do with the time played on cop, their skill at being a cop, and their leadership. Just so happens that OS people do have those leadership and other skills that are looked for when finding a next sergeant so it may seem that OS equals sergeant, but it really doesn't. 

Don't bullshit yourself bro. Don't ban me again neither for saying that. We both know how some people get promoted lol.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Just now, Rusty said:

Don't bullshit yourself bro. Don't ban me again neither for saying that. We both know how some people get promoted lol.

If someone wants to be promoted bad enough they'll do what ever it takes to get it. But I am saying in general if someone gets SGT they most likely earned it.

Link to comment
Guest G.O.A.T.

I'm drunk right now but if you think you gotta be friends with me to be on SAPD your eyes honesty fucking retarded. Idk how many people I've promoted that I've literally never spoken to or gotten to know. Honestly, your beliefs of how the APD works is probably holding you back. Also, I don't even know who wrote this post so shoutout to whoever did, 9/10. Wouldn't read again.

Link to comment
Just now, G.O.A.T. said:

I'm drunk right now but if you think you gotta be friends with me to be on SAPD your eyes honesty fucking retarded. Idk how many people I've promoted that I've literally never spoken to or gotten to know. Honestly, your beliefs of how the APD works is probably holding you back. Also, I don't even know who wrote this post so shoutout to whoever did, 9/10. Wouldn't read again.

 

turn-up-meme.jpg

Link to comment

Another point, some people are fake as fuck and only act like good cops around a Sr., that's why I find it great that some of them go under cover (exposed). Some advice i'd like to give to someone trying to get promoted is to not play for a promotion, just play to have fun and do things right... the rest comes in full circle.

  • Like 4
Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy.