Airfield in the ocean

56 minutes ago, mocmon said:

Will the airfield ever be used for something in the server like a place to buy pilot gear or some different guns like special shit? Or is it just gonna stay the same as it is now?

Uhhhhh it's used for APD photoshoots hello?

• Like 1
  • TriHard 1
  • Downvote 1

TBH I'd like to see the carrier be more dynamic when it comes to being a odject on the map. Whip up a skin for it or something make it a special place for like choppers and shops located in the Island. (The tower on the carrier for people who don't know) Now with that I could see it also being a Cool place for R&R Spawning Location or even APD since the carrier is like a symbol of power so like I see it being a strong hold for the APD or a fun Heli/Water Rescue Deployment Point for R&R. APD could use it for secure defensible position for after Fed, BW, or Blackwater prossecing. Also a viable point for them to check Water Redzones. But it's up to the designers to do or consider ideas.

49 minutes ago, Luna said:

TBH I'd like to see the carrier be more dynamic when it comes to being a odject on the map. Whip up a skin for it or something make it a special place for like choppers and shops located in the Island. (The tower on the carrier for people who don't know) Now with that I could see it also being a Cool place for R&R Spawning Location or even APD since the carrier is like a symbol of power so like I see it being a strong hold for the APD or a fun Heli/Water Rescue Deployment Point for R&R. APD could use it for secure defensible position for after Fed, BW, or Blackwater prossecing. Also a viable point for them to check Water Redzones. But it's up to the designers to do or consider ideas.

It would be cool to see it be gear'd towards civ's imo.

My idea for the carrier was to have it be Kavala's airport.  Put it a few km north of Kavala sq and build a ramp from the shoreline to the deck, and have plane/heli shops on the deck.  Right now there's really no way to land a plane anywhere near Kavala, except that if you're really really good and lag is low you can land the Caesar BTT on the beach.  In any case, I think it would go a long way toward making the planes useful for getting around the map.  Optionally (and this would be controversial) make the Kavala carrier no-go specifically for stealing vehicles (use taxi rules; can still rob the player and trunk) -- I could see there being a problem with low-effort carrier camping.

• Like 3
3 hours ago, Ozzy Jones said:

My idea for the carrier was to have it be Kavala's airport.  Put it a few km north of Kavala sq and build a ramp from the shoreline to the deck, and have plane/heli shops on the deck.  Right now there's really no way to land a plane anywhere near Kavala, except that if you're really really good and lag is low you can land the Caesar BTT on the beach.  In any case, I think it would go a long way toward making the planes useful for getting around the map.  Optionally (and this would be controversial) make the Kavala carrier no-go specifically for stealing vehicles (use taxi rules; can still rob the player and trunk) -- I could see there being a problem with low-effort carrier camping.

I second this. 

6 hours ago, Ozzy Jones said:

i actually freakin love this idea. +1

8 hours ago, Ozzy Jones said:

This would be really cool, but Kavala is already laggy as is.

• Like 1