Olympus Entertainment - Celebrating 10 Years! [$2k+ GIVEAWAY] ×
Special Promotion [FREE OLYMPUS+] ×

New Ideas to Admins to make Olympus thrive again for both civ and cop.

Dear Admins and people of Olympus,

I have some ideas for this server that I would toss up and see what people think. I have put a lot of time in to what pros and cons would be to each. The first thing is Titans,

1. Titans brought back, Titans should cost around 1 mill for a titan and rocket combined.
  2. Too many birds in the air, bring titans back and people will think twice about staying around when they get a

1. I agree we need the titans back. People will probably stop flying around as often or at least learn real quick they can't be so willy nilly with them. 

2. Not sure why they werent red zones in the first place considering they have no other uses. 

3. I like the idea but I feel it's going to be abused unless done with corps and higher. 

4. The game has to be fun for everyone and it's not like the apd is struggling to handle these situations as is. I think we need to continue with our 2 failed attempts rule as it has balance.

5. I don't ever want this to happen. The reason why is everyone and their mother would be flying around doing air patrols inside of driving around patroling the streets. Not to mention po's are supposed to be potential cops where as the corporals are actually cops. 

• Like 1

1. I agree we need the titans back. People will probably stop flying around as often or at least learn real quick they can't be so willy nilly with them. 

2. Not sure why they werent red zones in the first place considering they have no other uses. 

3. I like the idea but I feel it's going to be abused unless done with corps and higher. 

4. The game has to be fun for everyone and it's not like the apd is struggling to handle these situations as is. I think we need to continue with our 2 failed attempts rule as it has balance.

5. I don't ever want this to happen. The reason why is everyone and their mother would be flying around doing air patrols inside of driving around patroling the streets. Not to mention po's are supposed to be potential cops where as the corporals are actually cops. 

5. Not to mention po's are supposed to be potential cops where as the corporals are actually cops. can you specify? I am confused i thought cops were just as much cops as corps. I thought Deputy was your proving ground.

5. Not to mention po's are supposed to be potential cops where as the corporals are actually cops. can you specify? I am confused i thought cops were just as much cops as corps. I thought Deputy was your proving ground.

Deputies and PO's are supposed to be cops in training, not actually "official apd". When you become a corporal you become an official apd member which is why you get access to lethals and the bird. 

The reason that I don't want PO's or lower getting helicopters is because the main reason of the idea is to minimize the amount of air traffic. As it is, way too many helicopters fly around without a worry. Letting it inflate even more by giving lower ranks access to them will not help solve the problem

Titans are WAY op and everyone did nothing but whine when we had them. Theres literally nothing you can do when one is fired. Want to stop people from flying. Should make the server use advanced flying....problem solved

Meh on the red zones, understand what your saying..but not necessary in my opinion to make them red zones or illegal.

I highly doubt there will be unmarked cars for cops. People would instantly start whining about that. Dont see it happening. 

and on the lethals on 1st wave      *cough* HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA *cough* 

Sorry about that, the problem i see with lethals is that everyone whines so hard when someone is killed as it is. If it was up to me, tazers would be optional and lethals would be primary. But also just my opinion and i highly doubt that will change.

and lastly on PO getting little birds.......No

not because i hate all POs its honestly because Corporals are givin lil birds and that "freedom" for a reason. Because they earned the rank. Just work hard to get promoted and bam you get a bird as a Cpl.

• Like 1

Titans are WAY op and everyone did nothing but whine when we had them. Theres literally nothing you can do when one is fired. Want to stop people from flying. Should make the server use advanced flying....problem solved

Meh on the red zones, understand what your saying..but not necessary in my opinion to make them red zones or illegal.

I highly doubt there will be unmarked cars for cops. People would instantly start whining about that. Dont see it happening. 

Sorry about that, the problem i see with lethals is that everyone whines so hard when someone is killed as it is. If it was up to me, tazers would be optional and lethals would be primary. But also just my opinion and i highly doubt that will change.

not because i hate all POs its honestly because Corporals are givin lil birds and that "freedom" for a reason. Because they earned the rank. Just work hard to get promoted and bam you get a bird as a Cpl.

Welp seems my post was pointless, i tried for us guys. Sorry.

#rekt  lol.  Seriously though PO's getting little birds was my least favorite idea.  I wouldn't mind getting Titans back though. 

• Like 1

Ace, would having titans back in game, but only in very, very limited supply be feasible? Maybe for only Corporals and higher? I would not advocate for anyone else getting them since Rebels have access to .50BMGs and 7.62s. Just offering a sort of meet in the middle suggestion.

So nice to see player opinion's although I'm surprised so see this post. Perhaps Ace was in a hurry again this his his opinion not fact.

just touching on the titans, i do recall it has been mentioned a lot in the past, several weeks ago ( more like 6 i think) it was talked about them being nerfed, and if i remember correctly hades said he was looking into how he could nerf them but havent heard anything since...but im assuming it cant be done?

Titans are WAY op and everyone did nothing but whine when we had them. Theres literally nothing you can do when one is fired. 

I have avoided more than have hit me on KOTH - auto countermeasures and change your direction AS SOON as you hear a lock. It's piss-easy when you practise at it for not very long.

I actually roleplayed as an air-taxi in King of the hill - calling out announcements, coming up with slogans "Mo-hawk, mo-fun" etc people started walking around other helis to get in mine as I was "Altis' Safest air taxi with an immaculate safety record"...despite the titans lol

Serously man, when I'm back home after Newyears we can piss around on KOTH and I'll show you how easy it is to break the missile lock.

just touching on the titans, i do recall it has been mentioned a lot in the past, several weeks ago ( more like 6 i think) it was talked about them being nerfed, and if i remember correctly hades said he was looking into how he could nerf them but havent heard anything since...but im assuming it cant be done?

You'd be all right in the Mohawk, Mr Munski - they have auto-countermeasures for titan locks as mentioned in the above post - I'll show you some ways of avoiding them with ease if they ever get brought back :)