Olympus Entertainment - Celebrating 10 Years! [$2k+ GIVEAWAY] ×
Special Promotion [FREE OLYMPUS+] ×

APD Handbook Update 5/9/18

This rule change is effective immediately. 

Post any questions/concerns below.

Chapter IX - Searches and Seizures

1. Warrants

1. Search Warrants

1. Searching a house/gang shed is authorized when:

1. An APD member has a form of probable cause (bounty, illegal weapon, etc.) and witnesses a civilian interacting with, shooting out of, or taking refuge in a house/gang shed in any form. The Sergeant or higher has discretion on whether or not to conduct a search.

2. Any officers not authorized found going through storage will receive severe disciplinary punishment.

Chapter XIII - APD Equipment & Ground Vehicles

1. APD Tools
    1. Tear gas, smoke grenades and flashbangs are to be used in tactical situations only.
      1. Tear gas masks such as the respirator mask and balaclava should be utilized when handling tear gas
    2. Road Kits may be used by Corporals or higher to invigorate roleplay as long as they are used in a non-excessive or non-abusive manner.

Chapter XVI - Training Facilities

1. The APD Training Facilities (the dome located in Pyrgos and the APD training Island) must only be utilized for the purpose of training. Any officers found abusing the features of the training dome/island or interrupting an ongoing APD training are subject to discipline.

Just to clarify: 

By "taking refuge in", this is in reference to just utilizing the house to gain shelter. This could be to hide, to give cover by being inside, or even to use a place to do a hostage situation in. 

"Excessive or Abusive" manners will be determined on a Senior APD basis. Use common sense with the road kit. Don't spam meaningless objects. Not worth losing corporal over a shitload of cones IMO. 

• Like 9
  • Downvote 1
7 minutes ago, KrispyK said:

why for only corprals? thats medic cones right?

To be fully transparent: My intentions are to move them down to PO access provided they work well with the corporals. 

• Like 3
  • Owner
22 minutes ago, TheCmdrRex said:

This rule change is effective immediately. 

Post any questions/concerns below.

Chapter IX - Searches and Seizures

1. Warrants

1. Search Warrants

1. Searching a house/gang shed is authorized when:

1. An APD member has a form of probable cause (bounty, illegal weapon, etc.) and witnesses a civilian interacting with, shooting out of, or taking refuge in a house/gang shed in any form. The Sergeant or higher has discretion on whether or not to conduct a search.

2. Any officers not authorized found going through storage will receive severe disciplinary punishment.

Just to clarify: 

By "taking refuge in", this is in reference to just utilizing the house to gain shelter. This could be to hide, to give cover by being inside, or even to use a place to do a hostage situation in. 

"Excessive or Abusive" manners will be determined on a Senior APD basis. Use common sense with the road kit. Don't spam meaningless objects. Not worth losing corporal over a shitload of cones IMO. 

@Last

32 minutes ago, TheCmdrRex said:

To be fully transparent: My intentions are to move them down to PO access provided they work well with the corporals. 

awesome, was just wondering bc this has been talked about alot within the po rank

13 hours ago, TheCmdrRex said:

This is just an idea, i feel like you should make an FTO type rank for PO's. You can name if whatever you want but you basically hand it out to PO's you know you can trust. This rank would give you more things, like the Road Kits for an example, or whatever you feel it deserves. This is also a good idea because when you hit corporal, thats when things start to get serious, so whenever you are looking for a new one instead of having to go through the 100 or so names there are as PO, you can just go through the ones you have under this special rank, so you would know these are the people you cant trust the most. Just an idea, feed back would be good :) 

Edited by Savage
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, Savage said:

This is just an idea, i feel like you should make an FTO type rank for PO's. You can name if whatever you want but you basically hand it out to PO's you know you can trust. This rank would give you more things, like the Road Kits for an example, or whatever you feel it deserves. This is also a good idea because when you hit corporal, thats when things start to get serious, so whenever you are looking for a new one instead of having to go through the 100 or so names there are as PO, you can just go through the ones you have under this special rank, so you would know these are the people you cant trust the most. Just an idea, feed back would be good :) 

There is such thing as a field training deputies that are normal officers in FTO positions, you could utilize senior patrol officers, I like that idea personally

4 hours ago, Savage said:

would give something for pos to get between 50 and 300 hours, and they would atlest not be given to brang new POS.

Edited by KrispyK
On 5/10/2018 at 11:52 AM, Savage said:

As a former corporal and FTO, I can state that FTO had no game benefits to them. We didn’t have any different gear then any other corporal, and so what you’re asking for is another rank between PO and corporal, and that’s really isn’t needed. Like Rex said, he's using the corporals to test the waters and make sure it works as intended. From what it sounds like, it will probably be given to PO's in the near future. Just be patient, and if you really want it, well, that’s just more incentive to grind for corporal. No need to add some sort of rank in my opinion.

Also, @Pledge I'm happy that we got that medic to place down the cones for that checkpoint.

On 5/10/2018 at 11:52 AM, Savage said:

I want to clarify this, but FTO is not intended to be a rank. There are no perks, and they don't have the power to command people of their equal rank. The point is that it is all about volunteering, and not for an in game destinguishment.

On 5/9/2018 at 10:44 PM, TheCmdrRex said:

They did this on asylum.  Kavala was a literal checkpoint.  They then made a checkpoint in kavala bay.

• Downvote 2