Olympus Entertainment - Celebrating 10 Years! [$2k+ GIVEAWAY] ×
Special Promotion [FREE OLYMPUS+] ×

Inexperienced players

Ok I figured a Lot of people have already thought this but what if the reason that so many people don’t fight is because they are inexperienced or literally don’t know about war zone island/cartels in general. I know this post is useless and everyone already knows this fact but I’m going to post it  anyway 

Edited by Evann
4 minutes ago, thor said:

Nah, The majority of the decent players that actually fight cartels are either banned or play Asylum

That’s what I’m saying, what about the new players? The OGs or people that fight are basically gone off Olympus and how are these new players going to find how to fight? Or even learn what a cartel is?

Edited by Evann
2 minutes ago, NokiaStrong said:

Gangs like evict and then once they improve gangs like Blackwater Astro or exe 

Yeah hopefully.

Just now, NokiaStrong said:

I changed the response almost instantly but yeah

I realized. 

The player base changed and so did the main focus of people, cartels are far from the main focus anymore for majority of people that actively plays on Olympus and im pretty sure it wont change anytime soon heh :) 

You say "so many people don't fight" Fights don't occur only at cartels. You can fight everywhere on the map and a lot occur outside cartels. Same situation with "gang life is dead" it isnt fucking dead cartels are dead, cartels are not the only type of gang life

• Like 2

So basically, montages are dying off... as “cartel life is dying” but gang life isn’t. That’s agreeable.

So, give incentive for cartel fighting, and getting in gangs such as small ones and moving up, and montages will live again.

2 hours ago, SPBojo said:

The player base changed and so did the main focus of people, cartels are far from the main focus anymore for majority of people that actively plays on Olympus and im pretty sure it wont change anytime soon heh :) 

yeah i realize that 

2 hours ago, Millennium said:

You say "so many people don't fight" Fights don't occur only at cartels. You can fight everywhere on the map and a lot occur outside cartels. Same situation with "gang life is dead" it isnt fucking dead cartels are dead, cartels are not the only type of gang life

i know lol 30 people sit in kav all day and rob it is fun ngl but just wish cartels would pop off again

3 hours ago, Millennium said:

Tbh I never understood the obsession some people have with cartels and warzone to the point of constantly trying to boost them or catering large decisions around that playerbase. Despite the light RP label Olympus is still an RP server and cartels are a small thing that imo currently receive too much aid/attention compared to other aspects of Altis life.

Cartels were huge because it was one of the only ways to have good fights in this server but now that gang wars have been implemented and fights are better throughout the island less people are fighting them with the players being a vocal minority. Honestly a lot of the cartel players would be happier playing in exile and wasteland servers but sadly the ones around nowadays are mostly dead.

3 hours ago, Wesly ツ said:

So basically, montages are dying off... as “cartel life is dying” but gang life isn’t. That’s agreeable.

So, give incentive for cartel fighting, and getting in gangs such as small ones and moving up, and montages will live again.

I think that war points, no NLR and the ability to passively make large amounts of money are incentive enought. Like @SPBojo said the playerbase doesn't fight them as much because people have better alternatives and on an RP server maybe thats not a terrible thing. From my personal experience having been in big gangs cartels "died" mostly due to the cartel playerbase, whenever we would go fight them we'd be outnumbered by a group 2-3 times our size and we'd hemmorage money if we tried to keep fights going with vehicles and come back after death. 

When gang wars allowed for war points to be earned outside warzone and engagement free killing wherever the incentive for most gangs not focused on cartels to fight them went away. Why spend millions in gear and vehicles pushing, coming back and having a "meh" time when you can have more fun with the same or better benefits outside wz. Also the 3 servers deflated cartels since the big cartel gangs mostly refuse to leave their servers where they have the advantage you have a handful of big gangs that could fight but never meet because they don't want to leave their home turf.

Modern problems require modern solutions and the way I see it, if the amount of aid and incentives we pump into cartels and keeping the players happy still aren't enough to revive them or keep them alive we should either revamp the whole system to fix the issues or pull the plug and let the issue sort itself out, while crazy I also think that Olympus making an exile server where money and gangs transfer would be a possible solution giving the cartel players a place to fight with the development and support of Olympus but without the other stuff in Altis life.

11 hours ago, sploding said:

Modern problems require modern solutions and the way I see it, if the amount of aid and incentives we pump into cartels and keeping the players happy still aren't enough to revive them or keep them alive we should either revamp the whole system to fix the issues or pull the plug and let the issue sort itself out,

I agree with this, but currently, the solutions in play to give incentive haven’t got to the point of too much, yet.

There are still things that could be added to fix cartels before an entire revamp is needed.

although I’m on board for that exile server, I would dono for that.