Olympus Entertainment - Celebrating 10 Years! [$2k+ GIVEAWAY] ×
Special Promotion [FREE OLYMPUS+] ×

In Asylum there is an amzing mechanic that allows you to know who you're engaged with visually even if you didnt know. So preety much if you're in a group or gang, one of the two doesnt matter and one of your members gets killed by someone not only will it pop up in chat but also in game the person who killed said individual will have a red name. I think this is a great mechanic that gets rid of the confusion and nervousness of killing someone you're not engaged with by accident. Tell me what you guys think in the comments below.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 2
1 hour ago, MAV said:

I mean it's not to hard to check the kill feed, but also this only covers one form of engagement

To build on this as I was in a rush when I wrote this, by only covering 1 form of engagement, it would cause more confusion since people will stop and think "wait they're not red" ALSO, Olympus doesn't require gangs to wear tags, tags are solely for engagement purposes, issue is untagged people would turn red as well which is not something we want

I mean or you can just engage them like how Olympus has been doing for the past forever now... and if your gang doesn’t have good comms to say who they are engaged with and in what area then maybe you should reconsider being in another gang

I mean I'm probably reaching but it would be nice to have an engagement tab in the player menu.  One button for text engagement to another player/gang where you make a pre-existing copy/paste of whatever engagement you normally text.  The only thing it couldn't cover is verbal engagement so idk about that.  But a list of what gangs/players you're engaged with based on that feature would be nice, but also pretty non-important just an ease of access thing.  I think what @MAV is probably worried about is that lets say this feature exists and your gang is engaged with another, then towards the end of the engagement someone in your gang is verbally engaged by the other.  Now you're re-engaged but the feature would say that it's expired, causing confusion, and unnecessary reports.  In other words, a good idea but pretty impossible to implement with the server's engagement rules.

Edited by Centipede
clarification.
23 hours ago, MAV said:

To build on this as I was in a rush when I wrote this, by only covering 1 form of engagement, it would cause more confusion since people will stop and think "wait they're not red" ALSO, Olympus doesn't require gangs to wear tags, tags are solely for engagement purposes, issue is untagged people would turn red as well which is not something we want

oh ok i understand that completely and how that would break the tags engaged mechanic. excuse me for my negligence on this matter and thank you for your input.

12 hours ago, Centipede said:

I mean I'm probably reaching but it would be nice to have an engagement tab in the player menu.  One button for text engagement to another player/gang where you make a pre-existing copy/paste of whatever engagement you normally text.  The only thing it couldn't cover is verbal engagement so idk about that.  But a list of what gangs/players you're engaged with based on that feature would be nice, but also pretty non-important just an ease of access thing.  I think what @MAV is probably worried about is that lets say this feature exists and your gang is engaged with another, then towards the end of the engagement someone in your gang is verbally engaged by the other.  Now you're re-engaged but the feature would say that it's expired, causing confusion, and unnecessary reports.  In other words, a good idea but pretty impossible to implement with the server's engagement rules.

thank you for your input. i understand that it would in turn create more confusion the more i think about it and would only be good in few situations.

19 hours ago, rapidaax said:

It was brought up during the @McDili era but I can’t remember why it was never implemented.

well maybe it was for the best.

22 hours ago, D P said:

I mean its just changing the color of a certain player name in side chat. I might be possible Ill ask a dev later on

thank you for your input.

2 minutes ago, Dark_ said:

oh ok i understand that completely and how that would break the tags engaged mechanic. excuse me for my negligence on this matter and thank you for your input.

No need to apologize, ideas like these are healthy for the community to discuss... Keep them coming! (Even though one was stolen from the enemy -_-)