Giveaway Update + New Price Match & Free Oly+ ×

Technical Difficulties

So I think my toaster of a pc is finally done for, just wanted to know if anyone knew what the issue was or if they knew how to fix it and could save me a couple dollars.

My pc starts up and stays on a black screen that reads, “Reboot and Select proper Boot Device or insert Boot Media in selected device and press a key”

I would show a picture but I’m too dumb and lazy to figure out how to add it to this. 

Any help is appreciated thanks.

3 minutes ago, Drippp said:

Press f2 or f12 whatever opens your BIOS, go to boot tab or look for a boot option and see if your hard drive or ssd is your boot option.

I’ve tried that I have no idea what key opens my bios I’ve tried f1-f12

Just now, Aunt Jemima said:

I’ve tried that I have no idea what key opens my bios I’ve tried f1-f12

It should say it at the bottom of your screen when you start up, otherwise what motherboard do you have?

4 minutes ago, Drippp said:

It should say it at the bottom of your screen when you start up, otherwise what motherboard do you have?

I think this? ms-7869 ver 1.0?

idk it’s whatever comes with an acre aspire tc-705 lmao

1 minute ago, NokiaStrong said:

try end to open bios

Idk how I’ve tried every key 

19 minutes ago, Ziggyuwu said:

because you need to spam delete to get into bios

Aight got my into the bios menu

ive tried multiple troubleshoots but for some reason it’s not registering my hdd and only my ssd? Even when I switch my ssd to the main drive it still has the same screen pop up....

2 hours ago, Aunt Jemima said:

Aight got my into the bios menu

ive tried multiple troubleshoots but for some reason it’s not registering my hdd and only my ssd? Even when I switch my ssd to the main drive it still has the same screen pop up....

Does the HDD spin up when turning on the PC?

How old is the HDD? It might have just died from age.

Check the cables connected to the HDD.

Try to unplug your HDD from your motherboard and connect it to a different SATA port.

(Just in case you dont know what they look like / where they are on your MB)

b098339b18d31e36bb00b144dfcc5afb.png 

2 hours ago, Aunt Jemima said:

Even when I switch my ssd to the main drive it still has the same screen pop up....

This is most likely because your SSD doesnt have anything bootable installed on it like Windows.

After looking closer at your Motherboard id say its time to buy a new PC btw. 4th gen Intel CPU and ddr3 ram is outdated. (Wait for AMD Ryzen 3gen CPUs to come out before upgrading and then buy a system with one of these) :( 

• Sad 1
12 hours ago, Strikke said:

Does the HDD spin up when turning on the PC?

How old is the HDD? It might have just died from age.

Check the cables connected to the HDD.

Try to unplug your HDD from your motherboard and connect it to a different SATA port.

(Just in case you dont know what they look like / where they are on your MB)

b098339b18d31e36bb00b144dfcc5afb.png 

This is most likely because your SSD doesnt have anything bootable installed on it like Windows.

After looking closer at your Motherboard id say its time to buy a new PC btw. 4th gen Intel CPU and ddr3 ram is outdated. (Wait for AMD Ryzen 3gen CPUs to come out before upgrading and then buy a system with one of these) :( 

Yea I tried switching the sata ports and unplugging my hard drive already. Think I might just have to buy a new pc, that thing was a piece of junk if I’m being honest lmaoo

9 hours ago, Ryan said:

This used to happen to me, if you have another pc or laptop you can use install a bootable windows version on there and use that as a boot device. 

I’ll try it out thanks