To the staff - What made you start this community?

• Admin

This is a question to all the staff members. I have been curious all this time about the reasons as to why did you start this community. 

• Why did the founders start this community?
  • Why did you feel it was necessary when there are other community's out there?
  • Why do you feel the commitment to keep improving it?

Last but not least...

• How do you find the time from your personal life to dedicate to Olympus?
  • And what is it that keeps you here even though this kind of organizations are non-profit and stressful enough as it is. 

Again. I want to thank everyone that puts their time an effort to make this place THE place many of us call HOME. I understand that my questions might be unexpected and may be uncomfortable to some but I really admire the staff for all they do for us and I want to have a better understanding of the reasons you guys do what you do. Just for me. 

Good day to all of you. And thanks again for making me call this place HOME. 

i can actually answer this haha : )

the reason it started was because on Asylum, Poseidon & Zeus led a gang called Bionic, us in the gang was not pleased with Asylum so we started getting cocky and said we were gonna start our own server. and thats what we did! : )

and they felt it was necesarry because they didnt feel there was a server that could please everyone.

and the third one i cannot answer := )

nor can i answer the two other ones : ) i could go more into detail about the two first ones if you want, just shoot me a PM.

• Admin

Yeah. Thanks man. I'm just curious. The reason I posted this as a public topic is because I want everyone that is always being salty against the staff to actually read this and think twice before even trying to tell them that they aren't doing their job. 

Yeah. Thanks man. I'm just curious. The reason I posted this as a public topic is because I want everyone that is always being salty against the staff to actually read this and think twice before even trying to tell them that they aren't doing their job. 

fully understandable, i agree at most. ive been here since day one and ive seen it all! :P

I can answer this one for myself. 

• How do you find the time from your personal life to dedicate to Olympus?: Even tho there is a few people out there who don't like me I still enjoy being apart of this community and I want to do what I can to improve it. All though I am only a map designer the work I have to do can take hours or days at a time depending on what I'm creating. An example would be the oil rig only took me 2 days, but something like the full map redesign could take me a couple weeks. Luckily for me I don't have to worry about a family to take care of so my time isn't as limited as someone like Hades. I guess the short answer is I find and make time for Olympus. If I know I'm not going to be busy for a few hours I get stuff done. I just want to see the community improve and grow. 
  • Like 1
  • Admin

I can answer this one for myself. 

• How do you find the time from your personal life to dedicate to Olympus?: Even tho there is a few people out there who don't like me I still enjoy being apart of this community and I want to do what I can to improve it. All though I am only a map designer the work I have to do can take hours or days at a time depending on what I'm creating. An example would be the oil rig only took me 2 days, but something like the full map redesign could take me a couple weeks. Luckily for me I don't have to worry about a family to take care of so my time isn't as limited as someone like Hades. I guess the short answer is I find and make time for Olympus. If I know I'm not going to be busy for a few hours I get stuff done. I just want to see the community improve and grow. 

Nice man nice. I am sure the designing part of it is not easy anyway and takes time, so I salute you for your work  ;)

• Why did the founders start this community?
  • Why did you feel it was necessary when there are other community's out there?
  • Why do you feel the commitment to keep improving it?
  • How do you find the time from your personal life to dedicate to Olympus?
  • And what is it that keeps you here even though this kind of organizations are non-profit and stressful enough as it is. 

Poseidon and a few other made it so things could be done differently. They didn't completely agree with how other servers did things so they decided to make there own. Zeus came in a bit after the foundation was started. Jendrak and Apollo followed suit to help design. Travis is actually the one who setup most of the APD with help from Zeus, from my understanding. I myself was not a founding member but did start basically day one.

Again they wanted someplace they could make an impact on. Just as some players don't agree with our choices it was the same back then. You can't make everyone happy and the assembled group was able to create there own Altis Life and so it was done.

I feel the community has grown. We have had our ups and downs but in the end it is a place alot of people call there Arma home. With that idea in mind I personally don't want to go backwards so I do what I can to keep it going forward. I'm very dedicated to this community, have put in alot of time, ideas and effort and don't want to see it go to waste. I see us grow everyday and I think knowing that is what keeps me going. I tried a few other Altis Life servers before I settled on Olympus and this was the place that I felt had the best setup when I did so. I want others to feel the same way when they join and so I strive to keep going.

Time can be an issue. I have a wife and a 6 yr old and many of days I have been stuck on the computer dealing with things. As many people know I went through a major break awhile back and that was because of my time on here, the wife was almost not the wife. I now try to balance my Olympus family and my RL family. I'm disabled so can't persay work as most would see it. Since I can't do that I put the hours in here and hope I'm at least doing the right thing by most people. My "work day" consists of probably 6-8 hours of Olympus stuff normally through-out each day of the week. Just as with in the game a balance is needed outside. 

I love the community and what it stands for. We can't make everyone happy and there are days when I want to rip a head off but in the end I still love this place. There are so many different types of players you meet in a community like this and it can be rather funny at times. So in the end, its the community of players as a whole that keeps me here.

• Like 3
  • Admin

Poseidon and a few other made it so things could be done differently. They didn't completely agree with how other servers did things so they decided to make there own. Zeus came in a bit after the foundation was started. Jendrak and Apollo followed suit to help design. Travis is actually the one who setup most of the APD with help from Zeus, from my understanding. I myself was not a founding member but did start basically day one.

Again they wanted someplace they could make an impact on. Just as some players don't agree with our choices it was the same back then. You can't make everyone happy and the assembled group was able to create there own Altis Life and so it was done.

I feel the community has grown. We have had our ups and downs but in the end it is a place alot of people call there Arma home. With that idea in mind I personally don't want to go backwards so I do what I can to keep it going forward. I'm very dedicated to this community, have put in alot of time, ideas and effort and don't want to see it go to waste. I see us grow everyday and I think knowing that is what keeps me going. I tried a few other Altis Life servers before I settled on Olympus and this was the place that I felt had the best setup when I did so. I want others to feel the same way when they join and so I strive to keep going.

Time can be an issue. I have a wife and a 6 yr old and many of days I have been stuck on the computer dealing with things. As many people know I went through a major break awhile back and that was because of my time on here, the wife was almost not the wife. I now try to balance my Olympus family and my RL family. I'm disabled so can't persay work as most would see it. Since I can't do that I put the hours in here and hope I'm at least doing the right thing by most people. My "work day" consists of probably 6-8 hours of Olympus stuff normally through-out each day of the week. Just as with in the game a balance is needed outside. 

I love the community and what it stands for. We can't make everyone happy and there are days when I want to rip a head off but in the end I still love this place. There are so many different types of players you meet in a community like this and it can be rather funny at times. So in the end, its the community of players as a whole that keeps me here.

I appreciate you taking the time to reply. I have not been here long enough to say I know everyone but it is because of most of the people in this community that I have chosen to stay. I have tried other servers but none feel like Olympus. It has this distinct feeling to it. It is the involvement of the staff which we are grateful for. Yes there are times when we might grunt about things but in all families it happens. Aside from spending time with my wife in my free time this is what I choose to do as my hobby. And boy have you guys made it easy to make us feel comfortable in this place we call home. 

So thanks again to you Hades and the rest of the staff for making this place what it is and never give up on it. We will have our ups and downs but in the end we all know we are headed for the right direction.