Olympus Entertainment - Celebrating 10 Years! [$2k+ GIVEAWAY] ×
Special Promotion [FREE OLYMPUS+] ×

APD abusing weapon seizes.

Lately there's been 3 different situations where APD immediately rush and seize weapons before bringing me to HQ.  They have been getting way too comfortable with abusing that rule. 

It is apparently allowed, but it really shouldn't be.  What's the point in fighting to free your people if they immediately just seize your gear after restraining you?

• Haha 1
  • Clown 5
  • Downvote 4
  • STFU 1
  1. Seizure of Weapons
    1. Illegal items (including Blackwater items) should be seized when the opportunity presents itself (preferably before transport). Please refer to the Ticket Guide for examples of probable cause.
  • Like 11
22 minutes ago, Jordan540 said:
  1. Seizure of Weapons
    1. Illegal items (including Blackwater items) should be seized when the opportunity presents itself (preferably before transport). Please refer to the Ticket Guide for examples of probable cause.

I agree with anti this rule is actually braindead it takes 15 minutes to get black water gear and even when we do get it out, it gets seized as soon as we get restrained??? one blackwater my zafir got zeized and we were still in the fucking dome 💀

4 minutes ago, 1emplar said:

I agree with anti this rule is actually braindead it takes 15 minutes to get black water gear and even when we do get it out, it gets seized as soon as we get restrained??? one blackwater my zafir got zeized and we were still in the fucking dome 💀

Needs to be clear to seize

• Like 1
  • BlessUp 1

If i’m not mistaken the area has to be clear before a seizure so I don’t understand where the problem lies.

Any APD seizing right when you’re tased is breaking handbook guidelines and should be reported.

• Downvote 1
9 minutes ago, ZeRo said:

Needs to be clear to seize

^^^^ If someone is seizing your shit before an appropriate amount of time has passed you better lawyer up and take em to the bank 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

They throw you in an a hb, fly you 1km away, then pull you out and seize.  Higher ups saying that's 'fair play' because I was brought to a clear area.  Shit is aids and bad for the player pop.   Cops get free kits.. they shouldn't be able to go around taking everyone else's kits that fast when their own is down to layers of rules and protections.

It's aids, kills any chance to save your teammates from apd while they still have something intact, and it desperately needs to be countered with a rule change.

• Admin
1 hour ago, anti said:

They throw you in an a hb, fly you 1km away, then pull you out and seize.  Higher ups saying that's 'fair play' because I was brought to a clear area.  Shit is aids and bad for the player pop.   Cops get free kits.. they shouldn't be able to go around taking everyone else's kits that fast when their own is down to layers of rules and protections.

It's aids, kills any chance to save your teammates from apd while they still have something intact, and it desperately needs to be countered with a rule change.

yea but thats the same thing as flying away to a safe place and immediately start processing you.

• Like 1
  • Admin

I don’t see this happen too often but it has been allowed for years. I personally don’t do it but it’s one of those “meh” rules that are there. Like stripping a Vigi license for anything other than tazing cops etc. Just a bit annoying. 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, anti said:

-_- bruh. If they take you 1KM away  couldnt they just take your comms and gps and you’re equally screwed? 

• Like 2
7 hours ago, anti said:

They throw you in an a hb, fly you 1km away, then pull you out and seize.  Higher ups saying that's 'fair play' because I was brought to a clear area. 

I mean, this is the same as getting processed right away when being driven into an HQ/safe secondary location from an active situation. A civ can do the same thing when taking another civ hostage, if your comms are taken you are generally fucked because someone can take you to the middle of nowhere/a different vigi outpost on civ to rob/vigi you. Arma and Altis Life especially is a social game and many gameplay mechanics/rules expect you to not be by yourself. Don't play in ways where you are too isolated from your group where someone can tase and restrain you without getting killed unless your group is wiped anyways. If your group sees you get tased/restrained and doesn't attempt to help you while they are nearby, it seems like your issue is with those you are playing with rather than with the cops. Even if someone follows you when you are taken away, if they are shooting cops at the location you are currently held, it is still not clear and they can't seize your gear.

Edge cases like these would harm more than they would help to change or remove, as for every civ that is mad they lost their gun earlier than they expect there are 10 civs who want to be processed quickly without going all the way to an HQ in my experience.

Yeah but when they are actively being chased and go 1km away to seize quickly?   Some of the newer cops are really latching onto that hard and doing it every time now.  

"we have no way of knowing if we're being chased or not."   Declaring an area clear is highly interpretive and of course they're gonna declare the situation clear when they want to screw someone over.  

Should be more than just 'declaring the area clear.'  Should require being out of combat for 5 mins like standard engagement rules for storing at least.  Takes away any roleplay.  

• Downvote 1
8 hours ago, anti said:

Should be more than just 'declaring the area clear.'  Should require being out of combat for 5 mins like standard engagement rules for storing at least.  Takes away any roleplay.

rule of thumb when calling an area clear is 2 minutes. however yes this can be very slightly up to interpretation of the situation, now i cannot speak for when i am not online but I know that myself and majority of the other corporals stick to that 2 mins rule and are strict about waiting the appropriate time

15 minutes ago, Poon said:

rule of thumb when calling an area clear is 2 minutes. however yes this can be very slightly up to interpretation of the situation, now i cannot speak for when i am not online but I know that myself and majority of the other corporals stick to that 2 mins rule and are strict about waiting the appropriate time

Unfortunately roleplay is just dying off rapidly again.  We had a resurgence where it came back for a while and cops started chilling out and it stopped being just about money, but now it's basically just cartel fighters with free kits again.  Some of these newer cops aren't being weeded  out and/or mentored as they should. 

3 hours ago, hawkg said:

There is a simple solution to your problem and that is getting better at the game trash can

Hawk...  Wtf you being so toxic out of nowhere bud.  I'm not gonna be mean to a kid.  I was nicer to you than anyone in this game and you just keep coming after me and ctf trying to get a toxic response back.  

11 minutes ago, anti said:

Unfortunately roleplay is just dying off rapidly again.  We had a resurgence where it came back for a while and cops started chilling out and it stopped being just about money, but now it's basically just cartel fighters with free kits again.  Some of these newer cops aren't being weeded  out and/or mentored as they should. 

I understand where you are coming from, however, I disagree with you on 1 thing. Being "chill" and not "just about the money" is where I feel personally things started to get too relaxed. Its gotten to a point where people EXPECT to keep their illegal guns for paying a wimpy 100k ticket. Thats not how it should be. This isnt Chicago. You cant shoot at cops, get caught, and get released like nothing happened. We also do not get anything for seizing your weapon or clothing. Its part of the game, when you buy an illegal weapon you are agreeing to the terms and conditions of losing that weapon when you get processed. 

Personally, I mentor people TO seize illegal guns unless certain circumstances. It should not be up to deputies and POs under normal circumstances unless they are the highest ranking officers online to decide whether people keep ILLEGAL guns when our job in roleplay terms is to keep the island safe. MK1s arnt safe. 

• Like 3
  • BlessUp 2
1 hour ago, anti said:

Unfortunately roleplay is just dying off rapidly again.  We had a resurgence where it came back for a while and cops started chilling out and it stopped being just about money, but now it's basically just cartel fighters with free kits again.  Some of these newer cops aren't being weeded  out and/or mentored as they should

Alright so I will agree with you on this. Fr could feel the confusion in some individuals a couple weeks ago when I told them to stop arresting people just because they had an illegal weapon w/ no bounty. V cringe behavior 

• STFU 2
2 hours ago, Iceman said:

I understand where you are coming from, however, I disagree with you on 1 thing. Being "chill" and not "just about the money" is where I feel personally things started to get too relaxed. Its gotten to a point where people EXPECT to keep their illegal guns for paying a wimpy 100k ticket. Thats not how it should be. This isnt Chicago. You cant shoot at cops, get caught, and get released like nothing happened. We also do not get anything for seizing your weapon or clothing. Its part of the game, when you buy an illegal weapon you are agreeing to the terms and conditions of losing that weapon when you get processed. 

Personally, I mentor people TO seize illegal guns unless certain circumstances. It should not be up to deputies and POs under normal circumstances unless they are the highest ranking officers online to decide whether people keep ILLEGAL guns when our job in roleplay terms is to keep the island safe. MK1s arnt safe. 

Problem is they're still being really chill with their friends and toxic with everyone else.  There's no standard.  You tell them to flex on people and they only flex on SOME people.  We caught a vigi trying to rob us and had a legitimate vigi taze and restrain him with manslaughter charges, brought him to PD and he just gets a pardon because hes friends with the cops.  Cracking down has to be universal and not for some people.

1 hour ago, Rafa said:

Alright so I will agree with you on this. Fr could feel the confusion in some individuals a couple weeks ago when I told them to stop arresting people just because they had an illegal weapon w/ no bounty. V cringe behavior 

Happened to me 2x in a row like 4 days ago.  Only reason i didnt submit an IA on like 3 cops is the video would have been 40 mins long.

I get body camped by a cop form fighting a gang, he tazes me, puts me in the car, and proceeds to crash into a wall and kill me.  I get a pardon, then another cop shows up and body camps me.  Medic gets me up, he tazes, restrains me, seizes my gun, adds charges, and then holds me in apd for 15 mins pretending to hear gunshots that werent there so he could keep interrupting processing while calling me a fucking idiot and saying he can and will always body camp.  That body camping is how he plays as cop.  

How is that good for the server at all?

Throw on top  of that, now cops are immediately calling areas clear and seizing weapons right away to disarm everyone and uneven the fights in their favor.

6 hours ago, Rafa said:

4 hours ago, anti said:

Happened to me 2x in a row like 4 days ago.  Only reason i didnt submit an IA on like 3 cops is the video would have been 40 mins long.

you say it is cringe behaviour but that is the role cops are designed to play, cops are on the server to essentially hunt criminals. like @ Iceman  said the majority of cops have been far to relaxed, illegal guns are illegal for a reason if you want to have a weapon on your back or out on display and not be messed with by cops there is workers protection and gun licences for that. However if a player is sitting in town with a MK1 / Mk200 or any other illegal weapon how can they then be mad when they are arrested for having it?

4 hours ago, anti said:

Throw on top  of that, now cops are immediately calling areas clear and seizing weapons right away to disarm everyone and uneven the fights in their favor.

I have already explained this to you that I in my experience I do not see this happening, it has also been explained to you that it says in the APD handbook that it is PREFERED that all illegal weapons are seized BEFORE transport. So i dont understand how you are mad at cops for following the handbook