APD RP

Listen I don't know how to go about it or get it going but the lack of care or rp from apd is kinda wack. They just mumble their way through the motions and a good number of cops have just turned into fucking robots at this point.

Also what the fuck is up with lethals recently.

also fuck the cop that yoinked like 30 of my redgulls, you a bitch.

• Like 6
  • Pepega 1
  • Weird 1
  • Cringe 1
  • Clown 2
42 minutes ago, Goodmode said:

Explain?

Also as for the RP, I get what your saying, but personally I think so many cops are used to be trolled or screamed at that its come to the point of just get it over with. Why would I enjoy processing you if when I seize your illegal gear even though "Its my grandpapi's from WW2" I get screamed at and cursed out? 

I do get your point though, I always try to encourage people to RP at least a little instead of robocop. However, at some point I dont want to listen to a story of how you have 18 manslaughters, 6 Kidnapping Govt official, and 12 kidnappings and want to explain every charge. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
13 hours ago, Goodmode said:

Listen I don't know how to go about it or get it going but the lack of care or rp from apd is kinda wack. They just mumble their way through the motions and a good number of cops have just turned into fucking robots at this point.

In regards to the RP I know a lot of officers including myself will happy sit there and listen and rp with u for as long as it takes to explain the charges the issue comes down to when it’s the same shit over and over again like my grandads ww1 gun etc. Another one is screaming the place down about being restrained tased etc then wanting to RP after being toxic af for 5+ mins.

in regards to Lethals u need to explain as it people are breaking it then ur more then welcome to submit to the apd IA section 

• Like 1

@ YakGod  @ Iceman  Recently I've just experienced a high number of lethals. I've been lethaled while tased, lethaled after first death at bank, lethaled out in the middle field during a little fight all in the same day. I know false lethals happen but the fact its been ramped up as much as it has in the last week is annoying. Im sure some of the lethals have been false but the second I report it, it will be denied or they will get a slap on the wrist.

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, Goodmode said:

@ YakGod  @ Iceman  Recently I've just experienced a high number of lethals. I've been lethaled while tased, lethaled after first death at bank, lethaled out in the middle field during a little fight all in the same day. I know false lethals happen but the fact its been ramped up as much as it has in the last week is annoying. Im sure some of the lethals have been false but the second I report it, it will be denied or they will get a slap on the wrist.

Lethaled while tased does happen. If its over 3-5 seconds after tased, send a dispute and Im sure anyone corporal+ would be happy to comp you or epi you as sometimes it is hard to tell. If it is before 3 seconds, most likely they were also shooting at you and its very hard to stop until that mag is finished.

Lethaled after first death at bank - A lot of times at bank, we will epi someone on first wave so they can die again and give lethals first wave.

Lethaled in middle of field - Are you sure you are not engaging in an active situation where lethals are already loaded? Thats the most common thing I get disputed for is when someone joins and active situation with a gun out and gets lethaled right away. 

14 hours ago, Goodmode said:

Sir this is a light rp server. Except for robo copping, no cop is required to rp other than doing their job 🙂

To force cops to rp in the way you probably want would change the entire formula of the server, so not gonna happen chief

On 4/22/2022 at 10:48 AM, Rossco said:

To force cops to rp in the way you probably want would change the entire formula of the server, so not gonna happen chief

Let's not get ahead of ourselves.  Cops are mostly Cartel sweaties that don't want to be alone or outnumbered.   Forcing them to demonstrate top tier roleplay might be the entertainment this server needs.  

• STFU 1
On 4/22/2022 at 9:14 AM, Goodmode said:

90% of the time if you are lethaled after first death or at first interaction is because the officer is outnumbered 3-1 in the situation 

I’ll add my 2 cents on this one. MOST cops in Olympus will robo cop their way through and not rp at all just because it’s about money, and if they have to sit there for 10 mins and rp, that takes 10 mins away from them that they could be catching another bounty or drug runner. But, cops are the funnest faction to rp with just because you’re tied up with them and basically forced to talk to them anyways. So even if it is the same story of their grandpas WW1 gun, who really cares? It makes the experience funnier and better for them and u don’t lose anything. U will pretty much never see a medic rp a situation unless there is a ton of revives to get to and they’re low staffed. And also, for a faction that doesn’t have anything to lose in terms of money, cops take the faction waaay to seriously, and I’ve personally seen cops cry like children when they all get killed at drug pro and lose a drug bust. It’s honestly kinda sad. I think cops should be forced to rp every situation, not heavy rp, but not just ignore someone until they shut up so you can speed the process up. And yes, it is a light rp server but, in my opinion that really only applies to civilians. Factions should be forced to rp at least a bit more than civilians because they kind of represent the server to new players. Anyways, since u made it to the end of this book. Have a cookie 🍪

• Like 1
On 4/26/2022 at 12:02 AM, RustyBeerCan said:

I’ll add my 2 cents on this one. MOST cops in Olympus will robo cop their way through and not rp at all just because it’s about money, and if they have to sit there for 10 mins and rp, that takes 10 mins away from them that they could be catching another bounty or drug runner. But, cops are the funnest faction to rp with just because you’re tied up with them and basically forced to talk to them anyways. So even if it is the same story of their grandpas WW1 gun, who really cares? It makes the experience funnier and better for them and u don’t lose anything. U will pretty much never see a medic rp a situation unless there is a ton of revives to get to and they’re low staffed. And also, for a faction that doesn’t have anything to lose in terms of money, cops take the faction waaay to seriously, and I’ve personally seen cops cry like children when they all get killed at drug pro and lose a drug bust. It’s honestly kinda sad. I think cops should be forced to rp every situation, not heavy rp, but not just ignore someone until they shut up so you can speed the process up. And yes, it is a light rp server but, in my opinion that really only applies to civilians. Factions should be forced to rp at least a bit more than civilians because they kind of represent the server to new players. Anyways, since u made it to the end of this book. Have a cookie 🍪

I get it but I totally disagree. I think that a good 75% of cops will RP but under the right circumstances, because unpopular opinion; cop is not a faction to make significant amounts of money. When people CONSTANTLY just kill you because of your siren, how do you expect us to RP? 

The other day I was running radar and saw a guy speeding. I actually clocked him speeding. I went to pull him over, and right when my siren was activated they started to shoot out of the back of the Quilin and I literally just left. I refused to chase them and just said "**** it" and this is exactly the problem. The problem is the CIVILIANS not the cops. Everyone is too quick to judge APD but they aren't looking at big picture. I will not lie, there are a good chunk of cops who don't really RP and just suck to get on cop with. I experience it first hand. Honestly tho, that falls on our FTO's and the people mentoring deputies. Personally, when I have deputies I make WATCH me process so they can get a feel for what good RP is. I let them roll with me and my friends so they can get what it means to actually have some RP even if its light. As long as a civilian is WILLING to RP so am I. When I show up to a black market, my exact line is "APD hands up or be tased. If you shoot, chances for negotiating are over just put your hands up we can talk" but yet I still get shot at? That isn't an APD problem its a Civ problem. The few people who have put their hands up I work with. I don't give them extra charges, I don't take their guns, and usually try to half ticket them. Its a mutual thing for me yano? You work with me I work with you. We need to be mentoring deputies to give the opportunity to RP but under NO circumstances does every single civilian we come across DESERVE an RP situation. If that civ wont even try, then ok I can make your life suck for the next 30 minutes you're in jail once I tack on these extra charges.

So look big picture. Is it the civ faction or the cop faction? As a whole?

• Like 1
20 hours ago, Connor S said:

I get it but I totally disagree. I think that a good 75% of cops will RP but under the right circumstances, because unpopular opinion; cop is not a faction to make significant amounts of money. When people CONSTANTLY just kill you because of your siren, how do you expect us to RP? 

The other day I was running radar and saw a guy speeding. I actually clocked him speeding. I went to pull him over, and right when my siren was activated they started to shoot out of the back of the Quilin and I literally just left. I refused to chase them and just said "**** it" and this is exactly the problem. The problem is the CIVILIANS not the cops. Everyone is too quick to judge APD but they aren't looking at big picture. I will not lie, there are a good chunk of cops who don't really RP and just suck to get on cop with. I experience it first hand. Honestly tho, that falls on our FTO's and the people mentoring deputies. Personally, when I have deputies I make WATCH me process so they can get a feel for what good RP is. I let them roll with me and my friends so they can get what it means to actually have some RP even if its light. As long as a civilian is WILLING to RP so am I. When I show up to a black market, my exact line is "APD hands up or be tased. If you shoot, chances for negotiating are over just put your hands up we can talk" but yet I still get shot at? That isn't an APD problem its a Civ problem. The few people who have put their hands up I work with. I don't give them extra charges, I don't take their guns, and usually try to half ticket them. Its a mutual thing for me yano? You work with me I work with you. We need to be mentoring deputies to give the opportunity to RP but under NO circumstances does every single civilian we come across DESERVE an RP situation. If that civ wont even try, then ok I can make your life suck for the next 30 minutes you're in jail once I tack on these extra charges.

So look big picture. Is it the civ faction or the cop faction? As a whole?

My point wasn’t that all cops were bad. It’s that most cops don’t rp, and the Vic’s are only like that because most cops literally just want the money and the arrest. I’m not saying all, but most. And the other part is, civilians actually have a bunch of money and time to lose if they get caught by the cops, cops dont. Unless you crash your heli or get 3:1 then you have nothing to lose. So u also have to understand that. And I’m not saying cops have to hard rp every situation, but cops should be held to a higher standard of rp. And I can almost promise you that if more cops were like you where you don’t take their weapon or raise ticket prices, people would be more likely to rp and wouldn’t mind stopping for a traffic stop. 

2 hours ago, RustyBeerCan said:

My point wasn’t that all cops were bad. It’s that most cops don’t rp, and the Vic’s are only like that because most cops literally just want the money and the arrest. I’m not saying all, but most. And the other part is, civilians actually have a bunch of money and time to lose if they get caught by the cops, cops dont. Unless you crash your heli or get 3:1 then you have nothing to lose. So u also have to understand that. And I’m not saying cops have to hard rp every situation, but cops should be held to a higher standard of rp. And I can almost promise you that if more cops were like you where you don’t take their weapon or raise ticket prices, people would be more likely to rp and wouldn’t mind stopping for a traffic stop. 

Totally agree. Unfortunately change has to start somewhere so i’ve been trying to make a difference where I can and hopefully one day APD and Civs will actually be able to RP normally and don’t have the bozos on each side who are just rocks

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Connor S said:

Totally agree. Unfortunately change has to start somewhere so i’ve been trying to make a difference where I can and hopefully one day APD and Civs will actually be able to RP normally and don’t have the bozos on each side who are just rocks

God speed o7

• Like 1
On 4/27/2022 at 4:23 PM, Connor S said:

As long as a civilian is WILLING to RP so am I. When I show up to a black market, my exact line is "APD hands up or be tased. If you shoot, chances for negotiating are over just put your hands up we can talk" but yet I still get shot at? That isn't an APD problem its a Civ problem. The few people who have put their hands up I work with. I don't give them extra charges, I don't take their guns, and usually try to half ticket them. Its a mutual thing for me yano? You work with me I work with you.

If more cops were like that, I think the civ opinion/reaction would change but that's easy for me to say. Don't give up and keep at it.

There are cops who RP well and are fun to deal with but at the moment, the bad outweighs the good. It feels like you used to be able to RP and chat your way out of having guns seized and you'd be able to have fun trying to get a reduced ticket with crazy stories and RP etc but now it's impossible most of the time. I've had officers seize my stuff before I've even been taken to PD/processed because they're scared my gang might turn up and free me.

Why would I pay a 200k ticket if you've stripped me of my ~150k weapon? RP with me and work with me and we can come to a mutually agreeable outcome and have a bit of fun along the way.

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, Rufus said:

Why would I pay a 200k ticket if you've stripped me of my ~150k weapon? RP with me and work with me and we can come to a mutually agreeable outcome and have a bit of fun along the way.

This is honestly why tho when bounties become TOO high there isnt really much negotiating yano? Like, even a half ticket is more than your kit so like who is really gonna pay that.

The only way that a mutual agreement will be made is if people just keep tryin to RP and hopefully we change the dynamic. That is what I am trying to do with new deputies but unfortunately I don't have any any say in their training and they always wanna join the channels with like 20 cops in it whereas I like to go in a channel with a few people where comms are less poopoo. Im trying but I am only one man

1 hour ago, Rufus said:

this man gets it

4 hours ago, Connor S said:

This is honestly why tho when bounties become TOO high there isnt really much negotiating yano? Like, even a half ticket is more than your kit so like who is really gonna pay that.

It's never gonna be perfect I agree but there's more to it than just weapon price - Rebels get camped so it's risky and it's also time consuming to re-gear etc so there's also a convenience aspect to it all. If my weapon is ~150k and my bounty is 200k - I'll probably pay it. Yeah, it's cool to get a reduction or whatever but there's more to it than just weapon cost.

My whole point, and linked to what you said earlier, is that why would any one even attempt to RP or have less toxic interactions with APD if they're just going to seize your shit before you even get put in their car never mind make it to APD and once you get there, they just talk AT you, not TO you and won't even attempt to RP or have a little fun and do a trial by combat etc. I'm going to do everything I can to kill them as soon as I get the chance because I know that nothing good is going to come of it (any by good I mean RP/fun interaction, I don't mean it won't be fun paying a ticket etc).

On 4/25/2022 at 7:57 PM, nman said:

Found the APD RP you're looking for:

YOOOOOOOOOO THATS ME AT 225 YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/21/2022 at 9:10 PM, Iceman said:

Explain?

Also as for the RP, I get what your saying, but personally I think so many cops are used to be trolled or screamed at that its come to the point of just get it over with. Why would I enjoy processing you if when I seize your illegal gear even though "Its my grandpapi's from WW2" I get screamed at and cursed out? 

I do get your point though, I always try to encourage people to RP at least a little instead of robocop. However, at some point I dont want to listen to a story of how you have 18 manslaughters, 6 Kidnapping Govt official, and 12 kidnappings and want to explain every charge. 

ill "explain" theres more lethals then normal tasers

On 4/25/2022 at 3:39 PM, anti said:

Let's not get ahead of ourselves.  Cops are mostly Cartel sweaties that don't want to be alone or outnumbered.   Forcing them to demonstrate top tier roleplay might be the entertainment this server needs.  

"cops are mostly cartel sweaties" ... that is the most untrue statement ive ever heard. Anyone true cartel sweat isn't wasting there time on cop

• Clown 1
  • Senior Map Designer
6 hours ago, PUREPK TTV said:

ill "explain" theres more lethals then normal tasers

"cops are mostly cartel sweaties" ... that is the most untrue statement ive ever heard. Anyone true cartel sweat isn't wasting there time on cop

https://youtu.be/zR2nJSF4KLM