Should you be able to DPI jump without getting banned.

Should you be able to DPI jump.  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Should you be able to DPI jump, without getting banned.

• Yes, It's a skilled tactical advantage.
    • No, it's cheating.

11 minutes ago, xXElementClanXx said:

You heard it here first folks if you don't have at least 1k hours on this server and run in a zerg at all times you simply can't have an opinion on a feature people exploit because they simply cant be lowering their kd on a PVP server with extra steps.

No this is simply fasle, I believe that you can give your opinion on anything on the server on what ever you want , I just think you opinion holds more weight if you have more hours.

15 minutes ago, xXElementClanXx said:

So low hours equal bad player? Have you taken into account most of my arma hours are on KOTH? 

Such shit takes in here honestly 

Oh no you got my stats I’m quaking in my boots guys. Sorry for not being @ Sweet Lou who pulls 80hr weeks for a fucking VIDEO GAME. Most are prob AFK hours but I digress 

Okay in good faith you damn well KOTH play style is nothing compared to the play style of Olympus servers, and or Atlis / Life servers to begin with.

Having low hours doesn't nesseseraly mean you're bad at the game but it is a pretty good indicator of your skill level/ knowledge of the server environment.

I wouldn't tell a conquest players who have over 800+ hours on conquest what works and what doesn't, I could have my opinion sure, but their word holds a lot more weight than mine.

19 minutes ago, toxicc said:

honestly all the retards defending this have either been previously banned or are coping with the fact that theyre currently banned. 

I can say the same thing about people who are against this.

You're a whinny little bitch who can't move you mouse 3cm to the direction the person is jumping to.

2 hours ago, toxicc said:

if the "best players" in the game resort to exploiting are they really the best? Also, it being a skilled action doesnt mean a thing. One could make the same arguement about mass rdm, it doesnt change the fact that its not allowed and puts others at a disadvantage. 

Let me give you an example if player (a) is fighting player (b) and player (a) dpi jumps behind a rock before play (b) sees him is player (a) cheating?

Edited by Froooooooooosty
25 minutes ago, Ddosed said:

If you are not good enough to win fights without abuse bugs then go back to cod.

It's an unfair advantage. 

What's unfair about DPI jumping, it's not like you can't.

Also I'm not arguing that all aspects of DPI jumping should be abused, there should be some rules for it, but I think if you are jumping from one position to another to gain a positional advantage it shuldn't be a bannable offense when you can do the same thing.

Shouldn’t be allowed, idk why this is even being brought up… at the ABSOLUTE MOST a very small argument could be made to allow it on conquest since it’s apart from s1 and anyone does it but still don’t see it ever being allowed nor should it. 

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Froooooooooosty said:

Well for starters, you can argue anything is a disadvantage, for example if my computer is better than yours, I'm I now exploiting the fact the components in my computer can run the game better than yours therefore putting you at a disadvantage?, also I'm pretty sure you can DPI jump with a steering wheel.

4 hours ago, xXElementClanXx said:

It's an unintended bug that was created because Arma is a shit game that can easily be exploited giving people severe advantages. There are times when DPI jumps don't do shit and then there are times when you see someone jump more than 10 feet to their left from an open field to then being in cover behind a building. It depends on how severe it it but it can drastically impact the situation.

If your just DPI'ing around not in an active situation, you aren't gonna get banned. But as soon as it comes to an actual situation and you do it then it becomes a problem.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, ThatNerdyGuy said:

I’ve always felt that if it provides a tactical advantage it’s a ban. 

Then by that logic there are many things that can get you banned for example, chaning your fov on in-game folders, using an ifrit , quick peaking, looking trough rocks which in many instances is something we just ignore for some reason, so what does that even mean?

1 hour ago, ares said:

Shouldn’t be allowed, idk why this is even being brought up… at the ABSOLUTE MOST a very small argument could be made to allow it on conquest since it’s apart from s1 and anyone does it but still don’t see it ever being allowed nor should it. 

Okay that's great but you're not telling my why it is a bad thing.

3 hours ago, Froooooooooosty said:

What's unfair about DPI jumping, it's not like you can't.

Also I'm not arguing that all aspects of DPI jumping should be abused, there should be some rules for it, but I think if you are jumping from one position to another to gain a positional advantage it shuldn't be a bannable offense when you can do the same thing.

Why not just play the game the way it's supposed to be played? 

4 hours ago, Froooooooooosty said:

Then by that logic there are many things that can get you banned for example, chaning your fov on in-game folders, using an ifrit , quick peaking, looking trough rocks which in many instances is something we just ignore for some reason, so what does that even mean?

Changing FOV, ifrits, quick-peaking are all things that are apart of the game. Peaking through rocks I'm not really sure which ones you're referring to exactly? I'd have to know wym. 

Jumping alone isn't allowed in Arma by default to the best of my knowledge. DPI jumping is def not in default Arma it's taking advantage of the jump mechanic added into Olympus. 

TLDR: You're comparing things that are apart of the game to a bug.

5 hours ago, Frato said:

Instead of arguing if dpi jumping should be allowed or not can't it just be fixed? I'm pretty sure if I remember correctly asylum fixed it but I could be wrong.

The problem is that most civ council don't want it changed or are mega conquest players and abuse it. Nobody likes ideas on how to fix it, but just a black or white yes or no to using it. I personally use it, but would not be sad at all if they removed it. I'd rather have clean fights then have to worry about someone DPIing when they are caught out in the open.

• Like 1
  • Admin
7 hours ago, Fearless 😉 said:

I don’t think it should be allowed but alot of the time it’s an accident and it shouldn’t be a heavy punishment 

Come on man. Turning DPI to 100000000 and flicking your mouse like a crazy person doesn’t sound like an accident 🙂 

5 hours ago, Frato said:

Instead of arguing if dpi jumping should be allowed or not can't it just be fixed? I'm pretty sure if I remember correctly asylum fixed it but I could be wrong.

Asylum has always had a lower jump height so it's a pain to do from what I understand

On the topic at hand idc about dpi in certain situations - like just moving around, pushing in smoke when not actively shot at, jumping in a straight line at someone, etc. These situations you either aren't intentionally doing it to avoid being killed or from the other players pov you are moving straight at them, so it's not hard to shoot someone like dpi jumping from side to side. If someone dpi jumps when I shoot them and they kill me, or I am in a fight and someone uses dpi jumping to push out of cover to other cover/just an entirely different position, that's when it becomes a pain in the ass.

I sometimes will accidentally dpi jump in fights if I am being honest, like if someone is shooting at me but I already started committing to the movement mentally, but just comp and move on.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Bubbaloo Burrito said:

Come on man. Turning DPI to 100000000 and flicking your mouse like a crazy person doesn’t sound like an accident 🙂 

Well 90% of the time I dpi’ed it was an accident.

Now I know you know nothing about DPI jumping, first given you scenerio turning your DPI up to 100000000 and flicking your mouse will at times make you jump in place, on the other hand if you manage to jump and flick with your settings that high you will 99.98% of the time die.

Two, you can have your DPI settings at it's lowest and still be able to DPI jump. Believe it or not it has nothing to do with how fast your DPI settings are if you want to use it tactically.

Edited by Froooooooooosty
  • Admin
52 minutes ago, Froooooooooosty said:

Now I know you know nothing about DPI jumping, first given you scenerio turning your DPI up to 100000000 and flicking your mouse will at times make you jump in place, on the other hand if you manage to jump and flick with your settings that high you will 99.98% of the time die.

Two, you can have your DPI settings at it's lowest and still be able to DPI jump. Believe it or not it has nothing to do with how fast your DPI settings are if you want to use it tactically.

Doesn’t matter if I know or if I don’t know how to do it. I know how to identify it 🙂 

Remember though, you guys can DPI all you want as long as it doesn’t change the outcome of a situation. If you are just messing around and not in an active firefight then it’s no worries. 

Doesn’t matter if I know or if I don’t know how to do it. I know how to identify it 🙂 

You are easily one of my favorite staff members.... Don't take this as an attack... It's just a fact.  You once banned me for dpi jumping for jumping over a wall with absolutely 0 spinning.

• Haha 3